Rate Smackdown 6/12/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown

• 1 / 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 / 10

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 3 / 10

• 4/ 10

• 5 / 10

• 6 / 10

• 7 / 10

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 8 / 10

• 9 / 10

• 10 / 10

• Total voters

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
How can you rate a show, when you haven't even watched the show?
Smackdown is a collection of many different stories, not just one story. I can skip out on everything relating to Nakamura and still be invested in the Money in the Bank build and Daniel Bryan's feud. Suppose you were given corn, mashed potatoes, and chicken on a plate. If you decide not to eat the mashed potatoes, yet eat everything else, would you say that you did or did not eat dinner? Suppose you dislike mashed potatoes. Would you express disappointment in your meal and detract from its rating? Would you request, say, macaroni and cheese replace the mashed potatoes so you would have better food on your plate?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If you decide not to eat the mashed potatoes, yet eat everything else, would you say that you did or did not eat dinner?
I would say that I only ate a bit of the dinner. Therefore it would be unfair on the cook if I reviewed the dinner as a whole. Instead I would only give opinions on what I ate. not the dinner as a whole. You can give opinions on a movie that you have only seen 30 minutes of, but it isn't going to be a valuable and fair review.

If you are not even going to give the mash potato a try then keep your mouth shut lol. But if you eat the potatoes then you can express your worthwhile opinions because you are in a position to judge. You can't critique food by not even looking at it.

Reactions: bullyballmm

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I would say that I only ate a bit of the dinner. Therefore it would be unfair on the cook if I reviewed the dinner as a whole. Instead I would only give opinions on what I ate. not the dinner as a whole. You can give opinions on a movie that you have only seen 30 minutes of, but it isn't going to be a valuable and fair review.

If you are not even going to give the mash potato a try then keep your mouth shut lol
I'd say I ate dinner and that the cook made a mistake by giving me something I don't like. I selected this particular cook instead of any other cook in order to get my meal. I expect my choice to go with him to be rewarded with a quality product.

Whenever you don't like a type of food, you get to a point where you stop bothering to try it since history as shown that you don't like it. Continuing to eat food you don't like just to try it is as sound as continuing to put your hand on a hot stove after getting burned. I know that I don't like Nakamura. Why should I watch his segments and matches whenever I know I will not enjoy them?

If I know I won't enjoy it, then it stands to reason that the time of the show occupied by Nakamura is time that wouldn't be entertaining. I feel comfortable giving a rating because of that.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I'd say I ate dinner and that the cook made a mistake by giving me something I don't like. I selected this particular cook instead of any other cook in order to get my meal. I expect my choice to go with him to be rewarded with a quality product.
The problem with this analogy is you can't provide a valuable opinion on Smackdown, if you haven't even watched most of it. Also entertaining content is subjective. Getting an order wrong in a restaurant is not.

Whenever you don't like a type of food, you get to a point where you stop bothering to try it since history as shown that you don't like it. Continuing to eat food you don't like just to try it is as sound as continuing to put your hand on a hot stove after getting burned. I know that I don't like Nakamura. Why should I watch his segments and matches whenever I know I will not enjoy them?
If I was a cook and someone judged my food as a whole without actually eating the food I would be like wtf lol. Getting someones opinion on fish who doesn't like fish is useless.

If I know I won't enjoy it, then it stands to reason that the time of the show occupied by Nakamura is time that wouldn't be entertaining. I feel comfortable giving a rating because of that.
You can do that. All im saying judging a tv show without watching a the entire tv show isn't that valuable.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Getting an order wrong in a restaurant is not.
The scenario never said I made an order. Here it is again:

Suppose you were given corn, mashed potatoes, and chicken on a plate.
The scenario isn't your order being messed up; your order wasn't chosen by you in the first place.

Also entertaining content is subjective.
All reviews are subjective. We wouldn't bother reading reviews if we ignored everything that is subjective. I gave Nakamura plenty of opportunities to win me over. He failed. Why should I keep giving him opportunities whenever each time ends the exact same way as the last? I know I won't be entertained by Nakamura and watch Smackdown specifically to be entertained. I'm not wasting my time on him. And as you point out:

Getting someones opinion on fish who doesn't like fish is useless.
Thus, my opinion on Nakamura would be useless since I don't like him. In other words, I shouldn't watch his matches/segments.

...you can't provide a valuable opinion on Smackdown if you haven't even watched most of it.
I have already dismissed Nakamura as a poor performer. A person that is a poor performer is more likely to put on bad matches/segments than a person that is not a poor performer. This makes it reasonable to ignore poor performers and pay attention to good performers, especially whenever I'm watching Smackdown to be entertained. If I know I won't be entertained, then I know that portion of the show can safely be assumed to be poor. Thus, rating it low is acceptable. I'm comfortable with trusting my intuition here.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I have already dismissed Nakamura as a poor performer. A person that is a poor performer is more likely to put on bad matches/segments than a person that is not a poor performer. This makes it reasonable to ignore poor performers and pay attention to good performers, especially whenever I'm watching Smackdown to be entertained. If I know I won't be entertained, then I know that portion of the show can safely be assumed to be poor. Thus, rating it low is acceptable. I'm comfortable with trusting my intuition here.
Yeah and that's cool. But I just find it interesting that you feel that you can rate a show in its entirety without watching the show. Seems unfair to the performers when you rate somthing so low without actually watching them perform.

So if the scenario is not an order then how can you expect the cook to know what you like. You not in a position to judge