Rate SmackDown 10th April 2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate it ya fool

• Total voters

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Well this has been a while since I've done a review thread. So let's go crazy! !!!!

NORMAL AUTHORITY SEGMENT

Shane comes out and announces Paige as the new gm..... I expect this to go down exactly like WWE did AJ as gm. Not good. But promotion for movie I guess? Also dream match of bryan vs styles is happening! Yay!

I liked their former face paint vs I liked kofis 2009 run

Usos defeat day of new to become 1 contenders for the team belt cause what happened to rematch clauses? Afterwards harper and rowan come out and pull a Ronda Rousey.

Pointless stuff

Natalya don't like that Naomi won the battle royal and Naomi then beats Natalya to prove she's worthy of the statue.

Suke

Renee interviews Shinsuke and it reveals nothing.

New champ!

Charlotte comes out. Iconic duo debut. I can hear Grievous screaming in joy from here. All we need now is a becky & Charlotte vs iconic duo and Grievous mind explodes. Iconic attack Charlotte because. ...statements! And carmella cashes in....ewwww. carmella as champ. Ew.

NOOOOOOOO

ORTON VS MAHAL AGAIN?!?!?! NOOOOO!

Bigger dream match ruined.

Styles vs bryan happened. Then they had Shinsuke take out everyone. So much for bryans first match back.
Nobody else does colour these days why should I? :(

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay... lets see what is happening on Wrestlemania Fallout edition of the
"The Becky & Charlotte Show" this week...

+ And Paige is the new GM of SDL...Ugh...this is exactly what I didn't want.
No offensive to Paige...but...I just think this is going to lead to many, many
cringe worthy moments.

Although...maybe Mandy & Sonya will get drafted to team blue next week?

+ Bryan vs. Styles...tonight? Really?

+ Why did the Usos have to earn a title match? Weren't they owed a rematch?

+ So...is Naomi getting another push? I just hope they let her have a proper
match with Charlotte this time. Also...I hate that split-legged moonsault finisher...
seems like a great way for Naomi to fuck her knees up.

Remember when she won the title for the first time & had to vacate it a week later?

I do...its because of that move (& Alexa being out of position of course...Stupid Bliss).

+ Hey its My Bae, My Amazon, My Goddess Charlotte...& Yay! Peyton & Billie are
here & "The Iconics" sounds lame...the Iconic Duo was a great name...why change
that?

And they are attacking Charlotte...well...if you're going to debut...you may as well
attack the Alpha Female to make a statement.

Becky...where are you? Your wife if being attacked!

And...Oh No...

Here comes Carmella...

&...why is the referee stalling? Just ring the bell you dumb fuck!

& Superkick...1,2,3.

+ Well...there you have it folks. Carmella successfully cashes in & wins the SDL
Women's title. I just want to add that in the last 16 months Carmella has only won
5 televised singles matches (6 IF you count this cash in...which I do not).

Not exactly the strongest record going in as a Champion...actually now that I
think about it...Nia doesn't have a very strong record either.

Now...am I upset? No...because Carmella NEEDED to successfully cash in &
Charlotte doesn't really need to hold a title...her reputation is enough.

Plus...well...Peyton & Billie did all the work for Carmella anyway...so Charlotte
was protected with the booking of this cash in.

That powerbomb on the outside looked pretty nasty.

Will they move Charlotte back to RAW? I hope not...as it would make more sense
to keep Charlotte & Ronda on different brands if they do intend to build to a main
event match at Wrestlmania 35...plus Charlotte vs. Carmella matches are being
advertised for upcoming SDL house shows.

(As are Nia vs. Asuka for upcoming RAW house shows)

Hopefully Charlotte can actually elevate Carmella & finally allow her to shine.

But then again...Charlotte may win the belt back as soon as Backlash...so who
really knows at this point?

(Edit: I just read a rumor that Charlotte is actually injured. Apparently she was
seriously hurt in the "Suplex to the Floor" spot in her match with Asuka and this
may be the way she's written off TV while she recovers)

Oh...& it looks like Charlotte vs. Naomi for the title won't be happening now either.

Carmella vs. Naomi perhaps? I'd watch that.

+ Again...why is Randy Orton winning a match to become the #1 contender? Isn't he
owed a rematch?

And has anyone else heard the rumors of Rusev asking for his release?

+ I will admit I am glad they allowed Carmella to successfully cash in...that was
more important than Charlotte holding the title.

Say what you want about Charlotte being pushed...but she has put over Sasha,
Bayley & Carmella in title "matches" although I hope Carmella actually holds the
belt & does more with it than Bayley & Sasha did with their pitiful reigns.

+ And Nakamura "ruins" the Bryan/Styles match...and that's it?

So after the RAW roster saw a bunch of debuts & returns...SDL got Paige, Peyton
& Billie...and that's it?

No SAni†Y, No Drew McIntyre, No Andrade "Cien" Almas?

And No appearance by Asuka?

And No Becky Lynch?! (She had a dark match against Ruby Riott & won! Yay!)

WTF?!

And I'm Done...

Last edited:
Reactions: Solid Snake

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well this has been a while since I've done a review thread. So let's go crazy! !!!!

NORMAL AUTHORITY SEGMENT

Shane comes out and announces Paige as the new gm..... I expect this to go down exactly like WWE did AJ as gm. Not good. But promotion for movie I guess? Also dream match of bryan vs styles is happening! Yay!

I liked their former face paint vs I liked kofis 2009 run

Usos defeat day of new to become 1 contenders for the team belt cause what happened to rematch clauses? Afterwards harper and rowan come out and pull a Ronda Rousey.

Pointless stuff

Natalya don't like that Naomi won the battle royal and Naomi then beats Natalya to prove she's worthy of the statue.

Suke

Renee interviews Shinsuke and it reveals nothing.

New champ!

Charlotte comes out. Iconic duo debut. I can hear Grievous screaming in joy from here. All we need now is a becky & Charlotte vs iconic duo and Grievous mind explodes. Iconic attack Charlotte because. ...statements! And carmella cashes in....ewwww. carmella as champ. Ew.

NOOOOOOOO

ORTON VS MAHAL AGAIN?!?!?! NOOOOO!

Bigger dream match ruined.

Styles vs bryan happened. Then they had Shinsuke take out everyone. So much for bryans first match back.
Nobody else does colour these days why should I? :emoji_slight_frown:

Thanks for doing this Reag :) I guess after three days of rate threads, I overslept today. But just for the record I use color on every one of them :)

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Terrible episode of smackdown. Smackdown is in desperate need of the super star shake up.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Carmella is fucking champion.

Styles vs. Bryan... Amazing .

8/10 just because of those 2 things.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about Paige being GM. Time will tell.
Usos Vs New Day was good.
Shin's interview with Renee was brilliant!
Charlotte - Iconics(what's wrong with the name Iconic Duo, WWE?)+Carmella cash-in was goodt. Carmella's kick was awful though.
Why the hell are we getting Orton Vs Mahal AGAIN!!?? They are literally the 2 worst superstars on the roster. Rusev beating Mahal should've happened at Backlash.
Styles Vs Bryan was really good. Great heel work by Nakamura. These 3 guys are the leaders of SD:Live. I want to see Styles Vs Bryan again, Styles Vs Nakamura again, Bryan Vs Nakamura. The possibilities are endless.!

I was expecting Almas or Sanity, but I guess Almas is getting his rematch and the women's division needs Nikki Cross.

7/10

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Paige being the new GM was something I figured would happen since Daniel can wrestle, now.

Usos and New Day was cool, but how many times must this happen.

Natalya and Naomi was meh

Griev's Amazon segment was pretty good.

Peyton and Billie debuting were cool though I never realized how much Peyton Royce looks like Dylan Ryder. Them beating up Griev's Amazon went a little too long.

Car cashing in and winning was dumb, but again I just can't stand Car

Shin's segment about No speak English well was funny because WWE loves to drive that nail that foreign people don't speak English.

AJ vs D-Bry on free TV? What the hell, man? Anyways, it was good match and Shin interfering was kind of cool, but dumb at the same time.

Overall, I give it a 7/10

• Haha

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
pretty good episode of Smackdown too, obviously they couldn't capitalize as much off of the Mania momentum as Raw was but it was still a really good show for once
  • are they following a certain pattern of getting young and retired wrestlers to be Smackdown GM? First Bryan, now Paige, next thing you know Sheamus is gonna have to step back from the ring and also become Smackdown GM down the line. Anyways, we can't really judge Paige as GM yet but I hope she does well. She already managed to save her first segment by waiting until people started chanting for Styles instead of Rusev to announce the main event lol.
  • get a couple boob jobs and get called up immediately.. truly Iconic lol. Their promo was good but Carmella was obviously the star of the segment. I'm happy for her but I doubt that this reign is gonna last all that long. I feel like Charlotte will probably take the strap back in a month or 2, simply because, in kayfabe, you can't not have her be the most OP woman on the roster right now after beating Asuka. Having her lose to someone like Carmella would be even more of a waste of the streak than it already is. Or Charlotte just gets drafted back to Raw and gets replaced with Sasha or Bayley, as they certainly need a fresh start on a different show.
  • I swear, WWE's legit pulling us by our noses with the whole Rusev thing at this point. Either that or the rumors are true about him leaving the company soon. Still loved how they booed Orton for throwing Rusev out of the ring, then proceeded to pop for the RKO and then go right back to booing lol. It's like they really hated the situation but they still loved the RKO so much that they couldn't help themselves.
  • Bryan vs Styles.. on a Smackdown.. whatever man you do you lol. Good TV match, as you'd expect, but I'm still cringing every time Bryan takes a bump. Thank god Shinsuke interfered because I didn't wanna see them blow a clean AJ/Bryan finish on a Smackdown. They're definitely gonna face on a PPV sooner or later so keep it for that. Shinsuke as a heel is surprisingly working for me. Even though I feared the fact that they had him speak right away, his interview with Renee was exactly what it should be. Short, to the point, and a good dose of trolling. "Sorry, no speak english" was a brilliant line with a double meaning to it and his attack on Bryan and Styles worked perfectly as well. I'm genuinely shook over the fact that he's getting booed, something I would have never imagined when he came to the E. Love the new villain jacket and his new moveset which now includes lethal low blows lmao. I'd just like to take a second to sit back and think about the Smackdown main event scene right now tho. AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan and a heel Shinsuke.. what is life, every smark is probably wet rn
also Taker vs Rusev in a casket match at The Greatest Royal Rumble? What is life again? Is Taker in a good mood after making Cena his bitch now? lol

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Fist

:nakamura:

to

:nakamura:

dick

:nakamura4:

• Haha

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Griev's Amazon segment was pretty good.

Peyton and Billie debuting were cool though I never realized how much Peyton Royce looks like Dylan Ryder. Them beating up Griev's Amazon went a little too long.

Car cashing in and winning was dumb, but again I just can't stand Car
Okay...first off...please don't call Charlotte that...

Secondly...Peyton Royce is much more attractive
then Dylan Ryder. Don't look that name up Nikki!

Thirdly...their beat down on Charlotte had to be
convincing...especially considering what was
about to happen....

&

Fourthly...it was important for Carmella to have a
successful cash in...and while I would have rather
seen her do this during Alexa vs. Nia...I'm glad she
at least had a successful cash in.

Now how long does she keep that belt for?

That to me is the most interesting factor in all this.

I just hope they keep Charlotte & Becky on SDL.

Also this...

Becky Lynch has the best excuse (and video explanation) for not helping Charlotte Flair on SmackDown

Not good enough Becky!