Royal Rumble Rate Royal Rumble 2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate /10

• Total voters

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Results:

Dean Ambrose defeated Kevin Owens for IC title

The New Day defeated The Usos for Tag Titles

Charlotte defeated Becky Lynch for Divas title

Kalisto defeated Alberto Del Rio for US title

HHH won the Royal Rumble match and is now WWE World Heavyweight Champion

Oh, and AJ Styles debuted. HYPE!

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Solid PPV, IC match and the Rumble were the only real stand out things to me.

Romans focus in the rumble killed most of the action for me, including debuts and returns.

rest of the matches were pretty weak.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
9/10 from the results, Charlotte kept it from being a 10. As well as Lesnar not eliminating like 10 people.

Somethingcool57

The Artiste
Reaction score
I gave it a 5, I liked the matches up until the ending of the rumble. I don't know if anyone is as I am so sick and tired of HHH just can't seem to let go. I would have been happy with any other wrestler winning that match then him. I knew it from the very start just knew it like "Yeah he'll be number 30, no way his ego will let him not be in it."

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
8/10

Not a single bad match. Del Rio vs Kalisto was very botchy in places, but still liked it.
This is the one time of the year I want old faces back, so the lack of veteran surprise appearances was a shame, but it was great seeing so many of the younger guys get a spot.

Relatively happy with the winner of the rumble, for now at least.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
It started out pretty great and then I started dozing off here and here. I didn't like Del Rio/Kalisto and Charlotte/Becky (though Sasha coming out made it a bit better). I also dozed off again during the Rumble, but it was still pretty entertaining overall. AJ Styles, Brock and Dean <3

7/10

Reactions: Rogue

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
8/10

Best Royal Rumble in the past few years..I really liked this.

I liked:

IC Title match ***1/2
A great match between two great wrestlers... these guys' previous matches were rather disappointing but it was worth it for this. This was great.... there were good spots and this was just great. Loved it."]

New Day vs Usos ** This was a decent showing for a tag match... I don't like tag wrestling for the most part, but this was a solid encounter and I enjoyed it fully.

Kallisto vs Dell Rio **1/2 Nothing great hear, but nothing terrible either.
Kallisto winning was good but it wasn't amazing. But it was not bad either."]

Charlotte vs Becky Lynch **1/2 Another match that wasn't great but wasn't terrible. It was watchable and I am happy with the outcome... although
I was much happier with Sasha Banks coming out and that was a complete mark out moment for me. "]

Royal Rumble **** The match was excellent. After a couple of years of really shitty rumbles this was a step up. As much as I did not want Roman to retain, the thought became less annoying as the match went on.
I marked out several times: when AJ Styles came in, when Lesnar eliminated the Wyatt family, when HHH came in, when Reigns got eliminated and when HHH won. Best rumble match in years."]

I disliked:

Nothing.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
8/10 definitely a solid night. My Internet was flopping during the tag title and divas title match so I missed out on a good chunk of those. The US title match was weak IMO, I'm happy Kalisto won the belt (again) but I feel like it won't last long. The last man standing match was killer.

The Royal Rumble match was exciting. It had me off my seat which doesn't happen often, made me feel like a kid again lol. A bit salty because I had #1 and Roman for the prediction contests but oh well. Would of really loved to on seen Ambrose pull out that win at the end. Him going over and winning the WWE Title along with already holding the IC would of cemeted his legacy as a future hall of famer and would of gave everyone a huge postive swerve but oh well. I don't really agree with Triple H being champion but then again he is The Game, one of the greatest of all time. Undertaker was Champ this late in his career so I suppose Triple H can too. Plus hE crotche chopped aftER eliminating Roman like a boss.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
9/10 great ppv, I even liked the rumble as it ended, keeping everything moving really fast. The IC title stole the show.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Only watched the rumble itself before work. But it was the best rumble in a long time.
Good mix of talent, proper rollercoaster ride. And the end was set up as right, since if HHH had eliminated Roman to win had just gotten him cheered (as was obvious when he did eliminate Roman).

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Only watched the rumble itself before work. But it was the best rumble in a long time.
Good mix of talent, proper rollercoaster ride. And the end was set up as right, since if HHH had eliminated Roman to win had just gotten him cheered (as was obvious when he did eliminate Roman).

Agreed, was great with the talent involved, Ending was right as It probably gave a Ambrose a push for being last guy eliminated and sets up some tasty feuds from the elimination.

Also, perfectly find with Brock's elimination, took like four guys to get him out, Hoss Fight Between Wyatt's (especially Braun) and Lesnar should be fun.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
First thing I've watched really since Mania last year other than a couple of random Raw segments, and it wasn't nearly good enough to pull me back in.

/out of 10

• Haha
Reactions: Aids Johnson