Rate Raw July 17th 2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw from 1 to 10

• Total voters

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Kurt Angle as Jordan's father makes perfect sense. The posts I read in this thread range from ignorant to unimaginative to race-baiting, so I'm not that worried if you guys don't get it. You're not exactly rocket scientists.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sure it makes sense as long as they make it look like he was conceived in at least the early 90s. Angle would have been 20 when Jordan was actually born, so they have to have some type of realism to all of this

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Kurt Angle as Jordan's father makes perfect sense. The posts I read in this thread range from ignorant to unimaginative to race-baiting, so I'm not that worried if you guys don't get it. You're not exactly rocket scientists.

I mean Angle is not a fan of....the black people.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Feels to me like the reactions to this are just memes. Lol @ people wanting to talk about quitting over something like this haha, so many of the reactions just read to me like simple SJW crap that my eyes automatically gloss over.

Hell, this kinda felt like randomness for the sake of randomness outside of Jordan's wrestling style, which he just got a character that actually affects what happens in the ring. WWE doesn't have enough of those... And what do we always complain about? Formulas? Predictability?? Maybe WWE's predictable because whenever there is a swerve like this that can only do good things for a guy like Jason Jordan...

Meh, maybe discussing stuff isn't for me. So he was with a black chick in college, cool. It's spawned some funny memes but that's kinda what people do isn't it?
Sounds like today in forced controversy, but hey, at least there's a little bit of fun in discussing wrestling for a change? Maybe?

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
First off, I’m not exactly sure how this conversation about a WWE storyline reached to the point of various race remarks thrown around (even if jokingly) but I do know they are rather unnecessary and of no point so without any further comment, a few thoughts on a show I gave a 6/10:

- The big story surrounding RAW last night was obviously that of Kurt Angle and his big reveal, which turned out to be exactly what I thought (and called) it would be after the latest clues we got the week prior. So, illegitimate child indeed and his name: Jason Jordan. While this probably means the end of American Alpha (didn’t watch the interview afterwards so if there was any mention of it at all, I do apologize beforehand), it certainly makes for a good story so definitely curious to see where they go from here.

- The second big story of the evening was that of the number one contender’s match between Roman Reigns and Samoe Joe and, well, even my 5 year old nephew could have figured out that Strowman would interfere. By the looks of it, all that talk about a possible monster fatal 4-way (hopefully elimination style) at Summerslam appears to be right on point and if that’s the case, sign me up. Aside from the spectacle of these specific four guys going at it, I think this would be so perfect only for the unpredictability factor. I mean, would there be any favorite or a participant that would stand out as an obvious winner in such a scenario? I for one really doubt it and that alone will make this match even more fun to watch, as it will definitely have you sitting at the edge of your seat and guessing till the very end.

- Lots of “Shield” mentioning lately on RAW, don’t you think? Come to think of it, when was the last time you heard the crowd chanting for Roman to come out before last night and during the beat down of Rollins and Ambrose in the opening segment? Rumor has it that Vince had an explosion in his pants but aside from that and in all seriousness, if they are teasing it, it’s definitely happening. If I were to take an early guess in regards to a possible reunion/reformation, I’d probably say somewhere around Survivor Series being that all “members” are currently occupied in their respective feuds leading to Summerslam.

- The Enzo Amore case: For one, they really ought to move on as far as his feud with Cass already. He already got squashed once and surely enough there ain’t any chance he’s getting a win over Cass no matter how many times they fight again (not to mention it wouldn’t be interesting to watch) so I think they might as well just move on. In my humble opinion, there’s only two ways you could go with Enzo: you either team him up with Big Show for a short stint being there’s already a lack of face tag teams or you give him a managerial role being the best quality he possesses is his mouth. While there’s also the option of 205 live and though his presence there could probably help in the viewership department given his popularity, his in ring skills ain’t exactly that great so if it were up to me, I’d make him a manager. In all honesty, looking up and down the current roster and off the top of my head, I really don’t know who you could pair him up with but the way I see it, it’s the best option because you know WWE ain’t getting rid of him. They’d be foolish to do so anyway…

- Anyone heard of the RAW tag champs lately? Should we issue an amber alert?

- Got to give some props to Fin Balor for taking that guitar shot and, well, if he ever needed an excuse to bring out the Demon, there you go though I’m sure he’ll get more reasons next week when Bray gets involved in his match with Elias Samson.

- Everything else in the show last night...meh...

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
New Japan: Lets have the greatest wrestling tournament in the world, filled with the best talent we could find and almost a certain classic match every show.

NXT: Lets continue to have interesting and unique storylines in spite of the limitations we constantly face due to the main roster stealing our talent and make sure we always deliver on PPV.

WWE:

10/10

I just realized you posted the video before I did. Touche. lol

Family Guy is the only reason this is funny or mildly entertaining.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
And this isn't a RAW thing too with all these teams splitting up from both brands....
Two things that are suffering the most in general WWE is the tag division and the womens division. At this point, maybe they should bring back the shield. Heck, add a woman to it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The show was OK. 5/10

Things I liked:
- The Miztourage/Ambrose/Rollins segment was solid as they continue to tease The Shield reunion.

- Enzo/Cass/Show segment was fine.

- Bálor vs Samson was OK. So, they're going back to Bray vs Bálor, eh? Guess they'll officially start feuding after Bray interferes in Bálor vs Samson No DQ match next week. Can't say I'm a fan of it.

- The Kurt Angle secret reveal was a fine segment. I was expecting Gable, but Jordan is cool, too. Also, hopefully JJ adopts Angle's finishing moves from now on.

- Reigns vs Joe was a good ME. Strowman interfering and kicking ass was fun, too.

Things I didn't like or skipped:
- Everything else.

Reactions: alexb

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
What I learned last night was that Lesnar v Reigns for Wrestlemania 34 is still on. If WWE chooses they can put Strowman into THAT match and make it a triple threat because, well, it's once in a lifetime.

Should Lesnar re-sign they can continue putting off Lesnar v Reigns one-on-one because Braun Strowman isn't finished with him yet.

I also learned it will be Jordan vs Angle at WM 34, unless they decide not to because Black Lives Matter.

I'm not racist but they're walking a fine line with Goldust and R-Truth storyline. But considering Goldust is actually gold and not white there isn't a fuss from the SJWs.

However, imagine the uproar if Angle, a white man is caught whipping his black son on TV for the whole world to see. Maybe that will somehow be Donald Trump's fault too since he and Vince are buddies.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Pros :

+ Quite liked everything involving Ambrose and Rollins. I think bringing Rollins into the IC title scene is a good choice. Now have Miz drop the title to Rollins, then Ambrose turns on Rollins, and we have ourselfs a great IC title feud.

+ The Cass/Big Show slugfest was quite entertaining and stiff. I don't mind Big Show when he is used like this, just dont shove him down our throats. One feud in 2 months is quite enough Big Show on my tv.

+
Samson nailing Balor with the guitar was BRUTAL.

+
I liked the Angle/Jordan reveal. Is it silly? Absolutley! However we all complain that WWE is so stale and predictable these days, so I will give this a shot.

+ The Revival and The Hardys had a good back and forth match, as expected from these two amazing teams. Hardys are getting a step closer to being broken every week.

+ I am perfectley ok with the Universal title match at Summerslam being a fatal 4 way, unlike the tag team and the womens match. The ME was good, with some really stiff action. Strowman is the MVP of RAW.

Cons :

- Cruiserweights lul

- Enzo is a heel.

- Bray finally remembered that he started a feud with Balor 1 month ago. Well Bray enjoy your little winning streak, it will last shorter then your title reign.

- While the Hardys/Revival match was quite good, sadly the division itself is really weak, with only 4 teams on the roster. It seems like we are getting another fatal 4 Way here, yey.

-
Womens division is booooooriiing. Fatal 4 Way party baby.

- Dead crowd, especially during the Angle segment. Came across as really awkward.

Overall opinion : I feel like the good things outweighed the bad things on this show. It struggeled from the same problems that it usually does, but it had some pretty good stuff 2. So yeah overall pretty solid show.

Grade : B

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
like it's nice that you thought so much about it but most of this is just easier to write on a forum than to actually make it work with an audience. Like for example, nobody at this stage cares about Summer Rae.. even if she returns it's still just a "meh ok" moment. Same goes for Dana wrestling in general. The only time people care about anything in a division is when the title is involved. Take a look at the cruiserweight division. It's not like WWE wants it to be that way, but people just made them do it that way. And in kayfabe it's supposed to be that way because everyone wants to be champion, not just on the show. What I'd get or appreciate is a #1 contender's match/feud at a PPV because we honestly don't get those often enough but besides that, there's little you can do that will make the majority care about any womens feud that doesn't have to do with the title. Only if the performers in that said non-title feud are really really really good in the ring and on the mic but that's not gonna happen because Sasha Banks is buys atm.

I don't know, I feel like people just have waay too much faith in what these women can do, both on the mic and in the ring. When you said "Nia vs Mickie" I immediately went "below average" and I don't wanna feel that way but that's how it is right now. The way I'd do it, is having Sasha be the champion because she's the biggest star of this division which is undisputed as she can have a good match/feud with anyone. And then I'd slow build Emma up again and let her win a #1 contenders match or something. It literally makes no differences if she was in a feud previously or not imo.
So...basically...every other women in the division is "average" and it should just
be Sasha on top interchanging opponents while the other women sit around and
wrestle tag matches on the house shows.