Rate Raw July 17th 2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw from 1 to 10

• Total voters
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
New Japan: Lets have the greatest wrestling tournament in the world, filled with the best talent we could find and almost a certain classic match every show.

NXT: Lets continue to have interesting and unique storylines in spite of the limitations we constantly face due to the main roster stealing our talent and make sure we always deliver on PPV.

WWE:

10/10

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
New Japan: Lets have the greatest wrestling tournament in the world, filled with the best talent we could find and almost a certain classic match every show.

NXT: Lets continue to have interesting and unique storylines in spite of the limitations we constantly face due to the main roster stealing our talent and make sure we always deliver on PPV.

WWE:

10/10

'nuff said.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Wow...just wow...

First off...she is 100% in the right here.

There hasn't been a WWE performer with a worse run of luck and botched
creative choices than Emma (Well...may-be Hideo Itami).

Its amazing to think about how many women have surpassed her in the
years she's been on the main roster...Hell...she was even sent back to
NXT (which was fine and was the right move for her career at the time)
but Emma just never seems to be-able to build any momentum.

The Curious Case of Emma's Poor Booking and WWE Creative's Shot at Redemption

Now I am bias when it comes to Emma...she's Australian and I want her
to reach the very top of the women's division. I want Emma to be viewed
as a Champion and role model not just for Australian women...but all
Australians...but I truly fear she will never get the opportunities to do so.

Its also annoying when looking at TNA, watching them build their
Knockouts division around someone like Sienna (who I find incredibly
boring) and knowing in my heart that Emma could easily fill that role
and have some great matches with Rosemary, Allie and even Gail Kim.

tf_Z41_G6.jpg
You can't say Emma doesn't have the right look...because the woman
is stunning...and for a reminder of just how talented she is in the ring...
watch her NXT match against Asuka from the TakeOver London show.

The woman can work.

It is truly frustrating for me as a wrestling fan and an Australian to see
Emma simply being wasted by the WWE.

I mean she can't even get on Total Divas...but Alexa, Nia & Carmella
all get a spot. WHAT.THE.HELL?!

Now...on a more serious note...Emma posting such messages like this
on social media may not be the best way for her to get a push.

She may as well ask for a release, go wrestle in TNA, Lucha Underground
and the Indies and do some modeling work for a few bikini companies.

Surely that would be better than loosing to Mickie James on Main Event.

It is beginning to sadly look that way...which really pisses me off.

+++

I know I've seemed really negative as of late ...but so far this year
hasn't been very positive for me as far as wrestling goes.

While I really did enjoy 2016...a lot of the booking choices made by
the WWE (and TNA) have really pissed me off this year.

(And no...I'm happy they made Jinder the World Champion)

I want to enjoy and be excited about wrestling...but I can't enjoy it
if my favorite performers are loosing every week, being booked in
pointless, filler angles or are simply not even appearing on TV.

I want to care and be invested...but...at the moment...I'm really
struggling with it.

Just going to say I was totally going to knowledge bomb both parts about this, about how for half my stay here my gimmick was being the biggest Hashtag-Emmalution fan on the freakin' planet and how one match made me promise to tune out and why I've not watched Raw live since, and this whole separate rant about how none of us really have favorite wrestlers we just watch because wrestling (outside of Eva Maryse who sounds like he/she is going to check out due to the booking of Miz, and Lavender-Haze who probably loves my profane rants so much.... haha) and try to tie that into the whole wrestling scene as well as just re-looking at the whole women's division around when they got started... before realizing oh shit I've already wrote 20 paragraphs about this of all things and still have so many more thoughts to jot down and...

:downer:

I'll spare you. :haha:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
*Looks at Kurt's reveal*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaaaa...

*looks at everyone* You serious?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I think it was a good Raw and I also believe they've had a couple good Raws now. Every feud on the show has a purpose and a direction.

• The IC title scene is looking good with Rollins finally joining the mix but also revisiting that Shield storyline which is always a story to fall back on and know that people care for it
  • the womens deal with Emma is a shame but come on guys, in a division that only gets 1 major storyline about the title, you can't put everyone in the spotlight. If you do, you have the same problem Smackdown is having right now, which is just a bunch of multi women matches without any sort of meaning to them
  • Enzo looked like a joke to me, doing heel stuff like teasing a fight and then running out of the ring to call Big Show on him. The best part about it is that Enzo's in ring presents is so unintimidating, he can't even attack someone from behind because he'll get his ass handed to him one way or another
  • Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt has the same problem as Bray's other feuds have, which is that there is no direction, there is nothing on the line, there is nothing to gain from Bray beating Finn or Finn beating Bray.
  • Hardys vs Revival was ok, nothing special or memorable to be honest but it wasn't bad
  • Jason Jordan being Angles son is cool, I fuck with it. Yall always complain about WWE not doing something new and interesting but this is where you back off? Like, give it a shot. Jason Jordan is a great performer that has the looks of a main event guy and on the other side, it gives Kurt something to do, it gives him a story besides being the babyface GM. And to people saying that "there is no going back now" yes there is, they could easily have a segment down the line where it turns out that the test was negative and that Kurt is in fact not his real dad so you can twist this at any time.
  • Reigns vs Joe vs Braun vs Lesnar seems cool to me but tbh, I would have preferred the Reigns/Lesnar match as I'm not too keen on multi men main events for the title. Especially on your second biggest PPV of the year I'd like to have a traditional 1 on 1 title match. Then again, storyline wise, the fatal 4 way makes the most sense at the moment and I hope they kill it at Summerslam because I know all 4 of them capable of doing so.
"Long-Term Booking"

this "man" Jason is only 12 years old? My dude's been stuntin in the gym since kindergarten

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
"Long-Term Booking"

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/not-just-any-kind.mp3

I think the only real question here is whether or not Jordan's mom is Sharmell, or some kind of animal. Or Momma Benjamin.

I would also like to take this time to remind everyone who may not have heard, but there ARE in fact alternatives to watching this crap. If Kurt Angle revealing that he has a black son as a super hyped reveal was the last straw for you and you are ready to watch other wrestling and discuss it with other people who watch the same thing, check this out (the cheap desperate plugs are real. OH THEY'RE DAMN REAL):
Impact - Ring of Honor - Other - Retro/Indie Weekly Group Rewatch/Discussion Final Poll
:emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin:

Reactions: Mike Thunder

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
If they try to say sharmell is the mom then I would never watch raw again....at least for a long time lol.

If they want to undermine people that bad then wow. That sharmell angle was in 2005. Only 12 years ago. If they try and say he's their love child then that's bs, the guys a year older than I am. 12 years old in the wwe.

But hey... wwe!

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
the women's deal with Emma is a shame but come on guys, in a division that only gets 1 major story line about the title, you can't put everyone in the spotlight. If you do, you have the same problem Smackdown is having right now, which is just a bunch of multi women matches without any sort of meaning to them
At that's the problem...the women's division should not be restricted to 1 "major" story line...
and personally I'd rather have the SmackDown booking on RAW...at least that way Emma
& Mickie James would get some match time on a main show.

RAW has 3 hours...SmackDown only has 2...so they can be excused for trying to give everyone
some TV time in tag/multi women matches.

Earlier this year SmackDown managed to have 3 separate feuds in their women's division and
it worked...so don't tell me RAW can't manage to do the same thing.

I could write/book the entire WWE women's division better than their current writers could.

Believe that.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
At that's the problem...the women's division should not be restricted to 1 "major" story line...
and personally I'd rather have the SmackDown booking on RAW...at least that way Emma

RAW has 3 hours...SmackDown only has 2...so they can be excused for trying to give everyone

Earlier this year SmackDown managed to have 3 separate feuds in their women's division and

I could write/book the entire WWE women's division better than their current writers could.

Believe that.
You absolutely right about this, I've said the same thing for months as I screamed at my TV lol.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
You're absolutely right about this
I know...that's why I typed it...

I could too, @Grievous , put them all in an evening gown match... the ratings will rise. Lol
Look...first of all...I see these women as wrestlers...not eye candy...

Secondly...I think we get enough "fan service" with the outfits they wear.

& Thirdly...if you really want to book that kind of match...it would be
a no holds barred, fall count anywhere, bra & panties, chocolate pudding,
paddle on a pole match.

And yes...Bayley has to compete.

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score

Believe that.
when you only have 1 title for the division, it's kinda excused if they only have 1 major storyline because what are the other storyline's gonna be about? 2 women not liking each other for no apparent reason other than "well don't all women hate each other?" The only real feud I can remember from Smackdown that wasn't about the womens title was Natalya vs Nikki Bella and that did nothing for either of them. Nikki left and Natalya is still in the same position as before. It's exactly like what I said about Bray Wyatt. If there's no reasoning or goal these feuds have, then they're just a waste of time for everyone. When Bayley got promoted to Raw, she was in a feud with Dana Brooke and nobody cared. Why did nobody care? Because there was absolutely nothing at stake and if Emma had a feud with anyone on the roster besides the 4 in the title picture right now, it wouldn't be any different. Besides, I'd just play the patience card at the moment because Emma had several time outs because of injury so I get why WWE's prioritizing the women who have actually been there most of the time before doing something with Emma. Doesn't mean they won't, just means they'd like to wait with it.

Reactions: Death Walker

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The idea of needing a title for a feud is a lazy excuse for not giving your performers
a real reason to fight.

Here let me just go over the entire (main roster) division quickly...just with some random ideas.

RAW:
Okay...so we have Alexa vs. Sasha as the top feud...and that works. Let them get personal
and nasty...and if they really do hate each other...play on that. Let it build to a No DQ, Falls
Count Anywhere match and let Sasha win that.

B-Story...Nia Jax vs. Mickie James. Build the relationship between Dana & Mickie and
have Emma and Bayley on the outside observing. Build the feud and show that Mickie
has the experience to push Nia but at the key moment of the final match...have Dana turn
on Mickie to side with Emma.

Nia, Emma & Dana attempt to take Mickie apart only for Bayley and a returning Summer Rae
to make the save.

After these 2 feuds play out...it leaves you with 4 faces, 4 heels and many possible options
for the future.

Sasha vs. Emma for the title?
Bayley vs. Emma?
Mickie vs. Dana?
Alexa vs. Summer?
Nia vs. Summer?

SmackDown:

So...this is really easy...after Battleground...set these up...

Naomi vs. Natalya for the top title feud...
Charlotte vs. Tamina/Lana...
Becky Lynch vs. Carmella/Ellsworth...

If the fans get into the Becky/Carmella feud...have Carmella cash in on Naomi
or to be even crueler have her cash in on Nattie straight after she wins it which
would automatically make Becky/Carmella the top feud and may-be have Becky
challenge Carmella & Ellsworth to a 2 on 1 handicap match for the title and have
Becky make Ellsworth submit to win the belt giving Carmella a reason to ditch
Ellsworth. Allow Becky to hold the belt for a couple of months before Carmella
wins the title back on her own.

During this time you can play out Naomi vs. Tamina/Lana and possibly Charlotte
vs. Natalya (even though I think we have all seen that match enough)

+++

Of course booking options could change and get more interesting with the addition
of new performers and who really knows. Asuka, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay & Liv Morgan
would all be welcome at this point because frankly...the entire women's division needs a
shot in the arm.

Also...Summer Rae, Nikki Bella & Paige returning would also help.

Well...How does that sound?

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
like it's nice that you thought so much about it but most of this is just easier to write on a forum than to actually make it work with an audience. Like for example, nobody at this stage cares about Summer Rae.. even if she returns it's still just a "meh ok" moment. Same goes for Dana wrestling in general. The only time people care about anything in a division is when the title is involved. Take a look at the cruiserweight division. It's not like WWE wants it to be that way, but people just made them do it that way. And in kayfabe it's supposed to be that way because everyone wants to be champion, not just on the show. What I'd get or appreciate is a #1 contender's match/feud at a PPV because we honestly don't get those often enough but besides that, there's little you can do that will make the majority care about any womens feud that doesn't have to do with the title. Only if the performers in that said non-title feud are really really really good in the ring and on the mic but that's not gonna happen because Sasha Banks is buys atm.

I don't know, I feel like people just have waay too much faith in what these women can do, both on the mic and in the ring. When you said "Nia vs Mickie" I immediately went "below average" and I don't wanna feel that way but that's how it is right now. The way I'd do it, is having Sasha be the champion because she's the biggest star of this division which is undisputed as she can have a good match/feud with anyone. And then I'd slow build Emma up again and let her win a #1 contenders match or something. It literally makes no differences if she was in a feud previously or not imo.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Booker T should of hit the ring like "WTF" if his missy is the storyline mom of Jordan.

Let's make this a bigger plot twist: Chad Gable is Jason's half brother, yep Kurt is the daddy of American Alpha, CMON LET'S SEE IT!

This whole thing wants me to reboot that LOLRasslin wikia I was starting