Rate RAW 7/27/15

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What would you rate this episode of RAW?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Vote above and give your thoughts on the episode below.

RAW Recap:
- Big Show defeated Dean Ambrose via count out, Ambrose left being the only one standing.

- Neville defeated Fandango via pinfall, Stardust cut a promo afterwards.

- Sasha Banks defeated Paige via submission.

- Rusev and Summer Rae are out for a segment, Lana interferes and attacks them both.

- The Lucha Dragons defeated Los Matadores with the unwarranted help of The New Day.

- Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper have a stretched talking segment.

- Becky Lynch and Charlotte defeated Nikki Bella and Alicia Fox via submission.

- Randy Orton defeated Kevin Owens via disqualification, Cesaro came out for the save. Owens and Sheamus were the two left standing.

- John Cena defeated Seth Rollins via submission to regain his U.S. Title.

Full Results: PWMania

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Can't comment on the first hour but the rest of the show I enjoyed. 6/10 Raw for me.

joshuaj08

Jobber
Reaction score
6/10 don't know how I feel about the Kevin Owens booking lately. Rollins losing another match, really how is he supposed to the top guy if he is always losing

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I assume Cena retained the US title in the main event. Also, lol at this booking.
Was Sasha/Paige any good?

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
5/10

Authority opening segment was too long
Ambrose vs Big Show was.... meh, okay.
Sasha vs Paige was pretty good.
Rusev, Summer and Lana was garbage for so many reasons.
Los Matadores vs Lucha Dragons was okay
Wyatt promo was far too long
The women's tag match was enjoyable.
Orton vs Owens was DQ dogcrap... the best part being Cesaro briefly appearing.
Cena vs Rollins was really good

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It was an OK episode. 5/10

Positives:

- Sasha vs Paige was good, I liked it.
- Lucha Dragons vs Matadores was fun to watch. PTP on commentary were hilarious, as were The New Day coming out near the end of the match.
- Wyatt/Harper promos were OK, I guess.
- Charlotte & Becky vs Alicia & Nikki was OK, but nothing special. Becky getting the win was the right call, though.
- Cena vs Rollins was pretty good.

Negatives:
- The entire first hour was a yawn fest.
- Not a fan of them just giving away KO vs Orton like this. There was no story to back this match.
It could've been saved for a feud later on, but at least the finish wasn't given away and they stuck with what they know best - a DQ finish. I mean, they're certainly building something with KO, RKO, Sheamo and Cesaro, so I guess it'll be for the MITB briefcase.
- The finish to Cena/Rollins match.
WWE should start using DQ finishes where it would actually be of help.
Rollins hitting that Superplex/Falcon Arrow combo is definitely a finisher material. I'm not saying Cena should've stayed down for the 3 count, but the match should've ended in a DQ, b/c after all, Rollins shouldn't care about the US title which is, in his mind, inferior to the World title anyway.

The 'I don't give a toss' about this segment:
- Gladly skipped Rusev/Summer/Lana BS.

Mrs. RKO

Jobber
Reaction score
RAW Recap:
- Big Show defeated Dean Ambrose via count out, Ambrose left being the only one standing. Snooze Fest and the count out was a terrible ending. *

- Neville defeated Fandango via pinfall, Stardust cut a promo afterwards. This was just an average match **

- Sasha Banks defeated Paige via submission. Fantastic Match, maybe the match of the night. I usually don't say that much about Divas matches. *** 1/2

- Rusev and Summer Rae are out for a segment, Lana interferes and attacks them both. This was just o.k. **

- The Lucha Dragons defeated Los Matadores with the unwarranted help of The New Day. 2nd really good match of the night. ***

- Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper have a stretched talking segment. Another run of the mill average segment **

- Becky Lynch and Charlotte defeated Nikki Bella and Alicia Fox via submission. Not nearly as good as the 1st Divas match, but o.k. **1/2

- Randy Orton defeated Kevin Owens via disqualification, Cesaro came out for the save. Owens and Sheamus were the two left standing. Randy Orton won so that is good. I don't like how he won though. ***

- John Cena defeated Seth Rollins via submission to regain his U.S. Title. Another great match which really got the crowd going when Cena got his nose broken. *** 1/2

My ratings are out of a possible 5 stars.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I gave it a 6/10. I didn't make it through the show cause I had been up very early in the day. I just finished it now.

I liked:

Sasha Banks vs Paige. It is good to see actual women wrestling matches rather than 2 or 3 minutes of stupidity. It wasn't a great match but it was good.

Charlotte and Lynch vs Fox and Bella. This was the better of the two Diva matches for me. I really enjoyed it.

Cena vs Rollins was a good match with an ending that I didn't like. Lord, though, Cena is on the way for some serious rhinoplasty though. That wasn't just a break, it was a total disfigurement. I probably shouldn't have enjoyed that, but I did.

The Lucha Dragons and Matadores match was decent.

I didn't like the Rusev promo but it was fun to watch Lana take it to Summer Rae.

I didn't like :

Echoing Prince Balor up there, Owens and Orton shouldn't have been given like that. It was a cool matchup that seemed pointless.

Ambrose vs Big Show was painful to watch and this consistent burying of Ambrose is stupid.

The Wyatt and Harper promo was boring.

Neville vs Fandango was boring.

Reactions: Prince Bálor