Rate RAW 6/9/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How Was RAW Tonight

• Total voters

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Anytime, brother. :obama:

But think your post here taught us all a lesson, wasn't the last dubya dubya E show you watched before Extreme Rules? You took some time off, came back refreshed, and just enjoyed a show full of good matches (and haven't seen the 3 matches Leo mentioned up there a billion friggin' times already). And to think this may have been one of the worst Raws recently in terms of match quality and it was still this good.

Saw a dirtsheet report (props to @Testify for posing a true Meltzer report btw, and sorry for unleashing the horrors of Angry Leo C upon us all) a few weeks ago talking up the plan being Brock vs Bryan at SS. I semi-approve of this, but if this means Brock Fucking Lesnar in MITB then I'm totally game. Please let that happen, that match needs a miracle with those three in it. (Whoever decided to put Dorito over DZ in an MITB Qualifier should be fired, btw)

When the Wyatts came down and attacked the Shield, I really wish we could sit back and wonder "Why are the Wyatts with the Authority now?" but even though they teased it forever, we've become used to them doing random shit to set up random matches by now.
I watched WM, but well after the fact and yeah i've seen nothing since, reading everyone's horrible reviews. I did watch the first BNB vs Sheamus match and enjoyed it also. I am not a mark for either but IMO their feud is great and i would watch it week to week. The other two I give 0 fucks about. Fox has nice tit's, but it's still a pissbreak (and no AJ Lee fans, she doesnt mean shit either)

I watched ER the other day, also, but wasn't overly impressed tbh. I don't see why Bo has to be on a win streak the same time Rusev does, to me that is too much for a card, and I agree with a lot of people in the 3hour raw thread that really WWE doesn't do much in the 3 hours given, there are very limited feuds.

That being said, with the MITB card shaping up as it is, I am really optimistic about a possible MITB match happening before it also, since I think the next PPV makes sense for Reigns Orton (since Orton is in the mitb) and Ambrose Reigns to be 1v1. We can assume Reigns wont be going into the MITB match since he is on a huge streak and won't be walking out of MITB with a loss, and I do expect to see Lesnar win the title TBH.

With the match having only two more entrants (i think) I expect Brock and a random return, unless when DB is back after the PPV he is winning his belt back. I'd like to see Cesaro win it, but I have absolutely 0 faith in it happening. BNB will defend his belt against someone and win, the diva's match will happen, and we might get Reigns Ambrose vs HHH and Rollins, but most of the card is filler and from what I saw tonight is weak at best. Cena vs Bray again makes no sense, and I seriously am praying to god that it's not Cena vs All of the Wyatts, that match would be absolutely abysmal. Either way, 2 MITB matches make the most sense, and if that doesn't happen, I probably will skip it until the morning after.

So much potential, but right now it's looking like one ladder match, two squash matches, a shit diva's deal, and a BNB feud to yet be announced. Oh, and Uso's vs Rybaxel but that sounds worse than the diva's match to me. They will have offstage segments with Rhodes, DB, Steph and HHH, and possibly even Flair (if it's true) and that is just so damn much filler. I mean just above we have 3 pre-show quality matches alone.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
If you're talking about 2 MITB matches, I'm not sure how many people will be in each one, but lets see what we can do

-Dorito, Snorton, Cesaro, Sheamful, Bork, Cena, Kane, Bray for the Title
-Bo, Rose, RVD, Barrett, Ryback, Axel, Big E, Ziggler for the MITB (geez that sounds terrible but I can't think of anyone else)
-Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns vs Triple H and Seth Rollins (or split up into 2 matches
-The Usos vs Goldust and a mystery partner (SAMI! SAMI! SAMI!) (Or Booker T works too)
-Summer Rae vs Layla
-Some shit with Rusev

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I can't see Lesnar being booked to compete in the Money In The Bank championship match, as awesome as Lesnar versus six others in a ladder match would be. If they were using his appearance in it as a way of sparking the feud between he and Cesaro for Summerslam, then sure, but I don't think it's a good idea to rush that match after Cesaro has only been with Heyman for three months, and they would have to work some serious magic between now and Summerslam to build Cesaro up as a serious threat to Brock Lesnar. Otherwise, Heyman wouldn't want both of his two clients being at odds with each other in the same match over the championship at MITB. MITB (one for the vacant championship, no less) sells itself, and wouldn't need the inclusion of Lesnar to further help sell the match (at least that's how they'd view it.)

I expect that Cena, Reigns, and Wyatt will be the other three participants added into the match, which makes for a tremendous MITB match regardless of who takes the gold home. Or if they decide to do a tag team match between Hunter/Rollins and Ambrose/Reigns (I think it's more likely that Ambrose and Rollins go at it one-on-one), then maybe Swagger or someone will end up in the match instead of Reigns.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I can't see Lesnar being booked to compete in the Money In The Bank championship match, as awesome as Lesnar versus six others in a ladder match would be. If they were using his appearance in it as a way of sparking the feud between he and Cesaro for Summerslam, then sure, but I don't think it's a good idea to rush that match after Cesaro has only been with Heyman for three months, and they would have to work some serious magic between now and Summerslam to build Cesaro up as a serious threat to Brock Lesnar. Otherwise, Heyman wouldn't want both of his two clients being at odds with each other in the same match over the championship at MITB. MITB (one for the vacant championship, no less) sells itself, and wouldn't need the inclusion of Lesnar to further help sell the match (at least that's how they'd view it.)

I expect that Cena, Reigns, and Wyatt will be the other three participants added into the match, which makes for a tremendous MITB match regardless of who takes the gold home. Or if they decide to do a tag team match between Hunter/Rollins and Ambrose/Reigns (I think it's more likely that Ambrose and Rollins go at it one-on-one), then maybe Swagger or someone will end up in the match instead of Reigns.
I don't think the Heyman Cesaro deal is working, and it is going to be pushed at MITB to get it all to peak at SS. Just my opinion from the little I watch tbh, but on RAW he was trying to shit on Minneapolis (even had the stupid laugh and wait for hate look after) but they just popped for Cesaro anyway.

Especially with how the other feuds are doing, I either see Lesnar or Heyman fucking Cesaro out of MITB, or Heyman shoving Lesnar into the last position via Undertaker win.

I also don't understand how Wyatt would ever care about gold. You know a lot more than I do about wrestling and how it all works, but to me why does he care? I don't even get why he attacked the shield essentially to save Rollins. Wouldnt it make more sense if he waited until they beat Rollins down and THEN jumped in to go for it?

Also how do they have Rollins vs Ambrose when Reigns can't face Orton unless it's for the belt? I just cannot see him losing, and we know he won't be the one walking away as champ.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't think the Heyman Cesaro deal is working, and it is going to be pushed at MITB to get it all to peak at SS. Just my opinion from the little I watch tbh, but on RAW he was trying to shit on Minneapolis (even had the stupid laugh and wait for hate look after) but they just popped for Cesaro anyway.

Especially with how the other feuds are doing, I either see Lesnar or Heyman fucking Cesaro out of MITB, or Heyman shoving Lesnar into the last position via Undertaker win.

I also don't understand how Wyatt would ever care about gold. You know a lot more than I do about wrestling and how it all works, but to me why does he care? I don't even get why he attacked the shield essentially to save Rollins. Wouldnt it make more sense if he waited until they beat Rollins down and THEN jumped in to go for it?

Also how do they have Rollins vs Ambrose when Reigns can't face Orton unless it's for the belt? I just cannot see him losing, and we know he won't be the one walking away as champ.

I can't see Paul Heyman (with or without Brock Lesnar's help) arbitrarily screwing over Cesaro at MITB. At the moment, Cesaro is still delivering the goods and winning matches, even without the need for Heyman's interference. As long as that remains the case and Cesaro isn't on a losing streak or anything (I posted in another thread that the 'E might shock us and actually have Cesaro win the championship at MITB), then it's all good between them. And even if he were going to screw him at MITB, they wouldn't need to waste a Brock Lesnar appearance to help him do it. Heyman managed to screw Punk at MITB last year all by himself (people thought Lesnar would show up then too, but he didn't), he could do the same with Cesaro.

Obviously, the point to all of this is for Cesaro to come out of it as a babyface who eventually challenges (and defeats?) "The Beast Incarnate", but imo, they really need to build that up over a longer period of time than only two months from now. Cesaro separating from Heyman right now wouldn't be that big of a deal since they've been together for all of two months.

As for Reigns vs Orton, I said that Reigns would possibly be in the MITB match WITH Orton while Ambrose and Rollins face off in a singles match. I could be wrong, but being that Hunter just wrestled three times in a row, I could see him taking a break from in-ring competition for a couple of months before fighting Reigns at Summerslam. That leaves only the ladder match for Reigns to compete in. And him losing a ladder match isn't quite the same as losing by pinfall or submission.

(I answered the Bray Wyatt thing in the Smackdown thread, obviously.)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Gotta ask you this since you know so much: Here in the Network era, how important is it to sell a match? Even with a Payback card that was quite lackluster there were still countless reasons to order the WWE Network. The thing kinda sells itself in a way.

PunkWyatt

Jobber
Reaction score
Again they make Reigns to indestructible and it drives me nuts. I don't think he's that good. All he has is the stupid Superman punch, that coincidental outside the ring kick and a dumb spear as a finisher. Yet we all know he won't ever be the guy pinned if he and as Ambrose happen to lose a match. There was one match where they had a reigns power out of a Cena hold. Give me a break!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Gotta ask you this since you know so much: Here in the Network era, how important is it to sell a match? Even with a Payback card that was quite lackluster there were still countless reasons to order the WWE Network. The thing kinda sells itself in a way.

It's not as important as before per se since you're not actually paying for each individual PPV any longer (which has actually got me thinking that if the Network really takes off and becomes the huge success they want it to be, they could at long last end up lowering the number of PPVs they hold a year... that's another discussion entirely, though), but there's bound to be a certain percentage of fans that might not care about anything else on the Network except for the PPVs, so selling a big match or an excellent all-around card for PPVs would still be vital in maintaining those subscribers. Then again, with only having to pay $120 a year for everything that comes with the Network, maybe not. But even then, the PPVs ('Special Events' as their now officially referred to as) are still the most important events of the year, so it makes sense to book matches that make them feel bigger than just your average Raw episode every week.

Reactions: Snowman1
Reaction score
Worst thing they could do, putting Cena with The Shield, damn don't ruin their spotlight, get rid of Cena!

PunkWyatt

Jobber
Reaction score
Reigns rules.

Like Batista says... DEAL. WITH. IT.
Reigns blows, boring. I don't have to deal with anything the way the show is going I'll be out by football season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Worst thing they could do, putting Cena with The Shield, damn don't ruin their spotlight, get rid of Cena!

It was only for one night. Now if they start showing Cena hanging out with them and making jokes with them backstage and whatnot, I'd agree, but teaming with them for one night out of spite for a common enemy isn't a big deal.