Rate RAW 6/9/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How Was RAW Tonight

• Total voters

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Rate RAW and give extra thoughts and expressions on tonight's show.

Cena sucks

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
The 2 worst things they could have done.. have Cena involved with The Shield and have Cena involved in the Authority storyline both happened on this RAW.

I would have given this a 2/10 if not for the one good match (Sheamus vs BNB) and the 2 good promos by Ambrose and Reigns.. because of those thing it officially gets a 4/10 from me.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
lol. Didn't watch, but all hail Cena!

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I'd rather watch EBW/10

There was about 10 minutes of decent content out of 3 hours, nothing out of the ordinary though.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Got home from work. Watched opening and fast forwarded the majority. Stopped at Bo Dallas, Shield, Wyatts, Rest looked shit. Was hoping Brock would show up and win the title at MITB. If anyone is going to win it, it better be brock

Reactions: Roadster

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Raw should be 30 minutes long, showing only the first and last segments, which are the only ones they care about. It's dogshit and has been since the night after Mania.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
For the most part, it was slightly better than last week, slightly.

BNB losing to Sheamus was BS.
Ambrose's promo was great, but that's not a shock.
Stop using RVD in matches- it's not the turn if the millenium- nobody cares about this guy anymore.
What the hell are they doing with Sandow? That was...I don't even know.
Sick of Paige Vs Alicia Fox, how many more times do we need to see this garbage? Are they the only two Divas left or did WWE forget how to build a good feud?
And putting Cena with the Shield- just wow. What utter crap. Couldn't be less happy about this.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
First time I watched RAW since post-WM RAW.

Not impressed, although there were bright spots I suppose.

Might watch next weeks if I'm in a highly generous mood.

PunkWyatt

Jobber
Reaction score
It sucked! In my opinion they need to mix it up. You knew the main event had 2 possible endings. Rollins interferes and the Wyatt's pin Ambrose, because there's no way in holy hell Cena or especially Reigns get pinned, or the Sheild/ Cena win. It's just too predictable. Any Superstar losing to another is no biggie and it would be more interesting if they mixed it up. I'm not a shield guy and hate how indestructible they make Roman Reigns who despite a couple moves is the least talented Shield member. It sickens me how in every Reigns match a guy is setup perfectly outside the ring for that stupid kick he does. Very Seamus-esque predictability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Man, they sure like repeating matches, don't they? How many times have we seen Sheamus/Barrett, RVD/Cesaro and Paige/Fox recently? Good grief.

Reactions: Snowman1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
4/10

It's just generic stuff, pretty much what we've been watching for the past month.

The Authority stripping DBry of the titles was good to get the heat up, not that I like the decision, but oh well. It's better off that way than forcing him to compete at MITB without being fully recovered, coulda caused another injury. Hoping to see him reign again, once he's healed.

Shitemus beating BNB was just that... Shite.

The Shield promo was awesome, just like Seth's afterwards.

Umm, WTF are they doing with Sandow? As much as I am entertained by him, he's just booked badly, pretty much like Ziggler.

Sister ABOgail's ([HASHTAG]#seewhatIdidthere[/HASHTAG]?) match was meh. They need to give him more ring/mic time to show his true abilities.

Botch Van Dam vs Cesaro was surprisingly alright, they managed to work somehow.

Cena Sucks & The Shield vs The Wyatt Family was highlight of the night, after such a yawn fest that the show's been up until that point.
I just wish Cena would stay away, from everything...

I'm looking forward to seeing who'll fill the 3 remaining spots for the MITB WWE-WHC match. It's already bad enough having Del Rio and Shitemus in it, I hope they make up for this by putting someone who's better than these two.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You know you're in bizarro world when Roman Reigns cuts a better promo than Dean Ambrose. I know Ambrose is meant to be unhinged and whatnot, but he still seems to put emphasis on the wrong words and his promos don't really flow that well for me. Congrats to Reigns though for cutting a good promo for only like the third time in his whole career. If he goes on to deliver promos as well as he did last night on a regular basis, I'd say he's got the mic work part of his character down to a T.

Aside from The Shield promo, the awesome main event and the fact that they finally got stripping Daniel Bryan of the championship out of the way, there's not really a whole lot that happened on Raw that's worth mentioning. Hopefully we get two ladder matches (the other being for the briefcase) at the PPV because starting the show off with one match for the briefcase that guarantees a shot at the title and ending the show with the other match for the vacant championship itself is a great dynamic for the show. I obviously expect Reigns to end up in one of the two matches somehow, probably the one with Orton for the championship (especially if it ends up as the only ladder match they book this year) while Ambrose and Rollins square off in a singles match.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
All I saw everywhere was people hating this show because of what Cena did... and I've gotta pose the question: Why? What was so particularly horrible about Cena making the save when the Shield was being beaten down, and then taking up a spot in a 6-man tag? If this winds up being a thing from here on out this can go fuck itself, but for one show I don't see what the big hullabaloo is. However if this means this intolerable Cena/Wyatt feud is continuing... ugh. Just give Cena a spot in the MITB Match and leave it at that.

I love how there's 50 people on this roster and Cesaro apparently can't find a single other person to fight than RVD lol. Find some new matchups!

Still, on the recent Raw curve this is getting a 7/10 from me, as I'm such a mark for matches that have a point. Thank you, MITB Qualifiers. And the Ambrose/Reigns promos were great, but that was offset by Sadnow.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Haha deth.

Big thanks to Rain's above post, if he hadn't posted I wouldnt have watched this show. Personally I give it a 7, and for many reasons.

Sheamus vs BNB was great imo, they really threw themselves into some pain to sell the brawler match. The filler was all shoved together, with Fandango Layla (worst actress ever) and Sandow being together (lol Sandow did sell it well, but all it will get him is a few jobs)

The MITB looks like Dogshit, and the crowd really still marked for Cesaro, I don't get why WWE is going to keep pushing this angle without having a short Bork opportunity to show Cesaro how overshadowed by Heyman he really is. The Diva's match i skipped outside of the last 30 seconds for Fox's chest looks. Seriously, damn. Rhodes saga is a fail so far in my book, but Golddust on tv = happy aids. I got to see Ryder and he got squashed and a jobber entrance. Still better than Ziggler did.

IMO the reborn promo was amazing, the Wyatt's got shit on for the sake of making the Shield look like absolute monsters after already doing that 2v3 vs 3mb. Cena being there didn't ruin it for me, we all knew dude was going to be on the damn show, and Stephanie Mcmahon was there and looking fine as hell. Orton's tweet made me lol and the lack of a Daniel Bryan tweet really sold the lack of care the Authority puts into him being champ.

My only hate is the fact Daniel Bryan wasnt supposed to know he was stripped of the belts, but they were hung above the ring. Do they hold onto it for him? Santino vs Swag was shit but at least Swag got the W, and I lol'd not seeing Emma's stupid dance.

Oh, and why do the Wyatt family give a fuck about beating the shield 2v3? Their first entrance made 0 sense imo, why would they come to aid Seth Rollins? It was another huge storyline fail imo. Other than that, Harper has just been amazing, it's clear Rowan will be gone from TV the minute Bray vs Harper starts, and Cenawinslol. Average RAW, but with some really quality matches. Why do people have to bitch so much about who wins when they are open to admit the match quality has improved greatly?

Oh, and fuck the MITB match, you know Cesaro won't win due to Heyman, and the other 3 being champ is enough to make me stop watching again entirely. Sheamus should be facing BNB for the IC title until SS, ADR should have been written off months ago (so he can return and not be so fucking stale) and Orton is Orton. He could have a Mick Foley Undertaker HIAC moment and people would still not give two fucks about him the next RAW. And stop jobbing out Xavier Woods, it's that WWE pro-white shit at it's finest. Like it's his fault he is great in ring but got stuck with R-truth for the first two months. Bo Dallas isn't a monster, the streak shit with him is fucking pointless.

7/10.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Haha deth.

Big thanks to Rain's above post, if he hadn't posted I wouldnt have watched this show. Personally I give it a 7, and for many reasons.

Sheamus vs BNB was great imo, they really threw themselves into some pain to sell the brawler match. The filler was all shoved together, with Fandango Layla (worst actress ever) and Sandow being together (lol Sandow did sell it well, but all it will get him is a few jobs)

The MITB looks like Dogshit, and the crowd really still marked for Cesaro, I don't get why WWE is going to keep pushing this angle without having a short Bork opportunity to show Cesaro how overshadowed by Heyman he really is. The Diva's match i skipped outside of the last 30 seconds for Fox's chest looks. Seriously, damn. Rhodes saga is a fail so far in my book, but Golddust on tv = happy aids. I got to see Ryder and he got squashed and a jobber entrance. Still better than Ziggler did.

IMO the reborn promo was amazing, the Wyatt's got shit on for the sake of making the Shield look like absolute monsters after already doing that 2v3 vs 3mb. Cena being there didn't ruin it for me, we all knew dude was going to be on the damn show, and Stephanie Mcmahon was there and looking fine as hell. Orton's tweet made me lol and the lack of a Daniel Bryan tweet really sold the lack of care the Authority puts into him being champ.

My only hate is the fact Daniel Bryan wasnt supposed to know he was stripped of the belts, but they were hung above the ring. Do they hold onto it for him? Santino vs Swag was shit but at least Swag got the W, and I lol'd not seeing Emma's stupid dance.

Oh, and why do the Wyatt family give a fuck about beating the shield 2v3? Their first entrance made 0 sense imo, why would they come to aid Seth Rollins? It was another huge storyline fail imo. Other than that, Harper has just been amazing, it's clear Rowan will be gone from TV the minute Bray vs Harper starts, and Cenawinslol. Average RAW, but with some really quality matches. Why do people have to bitch so much about who wins when they are open to admit the match quality has improved greatly?

Oh, and fuck the MITB match, you know Cesaro won't win due to Heyman, and the other 3 being champ is enough to make me stop watching again entirely. Sheamus should be facing BNB for the IC title until SS, ADR should have been written off months ago (so he can return and not be so fucking stale) and Orton is Orton. He could have a Mick Foley Undertaker HIAC moment and people would still not give two fucks about him the next RAW. And stop jobbing out Xavier Woods, it's that WWE pro-white shit at it's finest. Like it's his fault he is great in ring but got stuck with R-truth for the first two months. Bo Dallas isn't a monster, the streak shit with him is fucking pointless.

7/10.

Anytime, brother. :obama:

But think your post here taught us all a lesson, wasn't the last dubya dubya E show you watched before Extreme Rules? You took some time off, came back refreshed, and just enjoyed a show full of good matches (and haven't seen the 3 matches Leo mentioned up there a billion friggin' times already). And to think this may have been one of the worst Raws recently in terms of match quality and it was still this good.

Saw a dirtsheet report (props to @Testify for posing a true Meltzer report btw, and sorry for unleashing the horrors of Angry Leo C upon us all) a few weeks ago talking up the plan being Brock vs Bryan at SS. I semi-approve of this, but if this means Brock Fucking Lesnar in MITB then I'm totally game. Please let that happen, that match needs a miracle with those three in it. (Whoever decided to put Dorito over DZ in an MITB Qualifier should be fired, btw)

When the Wyatts came down and attacked the Shield, I really wish we could sit back and wonder "Why are the Wyatts with the Authority now?" but even though they teased it forever, we've become used to them doing random shit to set up random matches by now.

Reactions: Leo C