Rate Raw 6/22/15

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw /10

• Total voters

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Tonight is the night! The self-parody pyro hits to get us all excited for some dopey motherfucker to talk for 10 years... And... Then the guitar riff hits! Yesssss WOOOOOOO LESNAR!!!!!!! I get excited before remembering this is Raw Lesnar and he just stands there while Heyman cuts a promo and wait a minute WOOOOOOOO HEYMAN!!!!!!! Death, taxes, Lucha Underground, Heyman promos... Oh, and Lesnar making Michael Cole shit himself on commentary. That was beautiful! And I love the Authority announcing, for the second week in a row, that a dude attacking a non-wrestler must "apologize publically". LOL, goon squad

Then stay tuned for FUCKING KANE! *sigh*... They do stuff, it sucks, comeback, it sucks, nobody cares, Hi Rollins... And now Kane pins Ambrose off the distraction, and I go take a walk... I look in the sky at the clouds overhead, see one of them shapes like a pear... I walk by the bushes, high-fiving he branches like the kids we were pretending to be the Rock just to cut my hand on a discarded beer bottle... I sit down, enjoy the wind and the fresh air and wonder what other gimmicks I'll take from wrestling commentators more successful than I'll ever be... And just say... Wow, life is good.

Then it's time to go back inside and watch more of the adventures of Kane in 2015. And Seth is backstage being him and extending the olive branch because he's scared pantsless of Bork and Kane just gives him the cold shoulder.... And I realize that you pinned and seemingly depushd Ambrose for this. To get this over. This fucking feud.

Lucha Underground, Wednesday nights at 8 PM
I see what you did there. Oh, I do.
By the way, thinking about how Vinny V of all people is someone to look up to makes you think. I may also go for a walk now

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I dunno, I thought it was a pretty decent show.

-Ambrose/Kane wasn't that bad aside from that incredibly weak chokeslam off the top rope that ended the match. I know most folks aren't too thrilled about seeing Kane wrestle in 2015 and whatnot, but I wasn't completely bored watching it or anything.

-Reigns/Sheamus was a pretty good match, and I love how they're actually utilizing Bray Wyatt properly again by having him get inside his opponents' heads instead of just standing there spouting his nihilistic philosophy in the same dark room backstage like the way he does every other week.

-The Cena/Owens standoff was cool.

-Ryback/Henry was a fairly entertaining powerhouse match for the short time that it lasted, and may I just say that I'm actually starting to warm up to Ryback as Intercontinental Champion. At least he feels like he has some sort of direction for once instead of just floundering about the card.

-The Brock "apology" was alright, as was the ending with The Authority managing to put Lesnar on his back. However, he went down WAY TOO EASY... As I recall, did he or did he not run into the ring on the go-home Raw for the Royal Rumble and hit Big Show and Kane with a pair of F-5's within the span of about ten seconds (and that was with the two of them standing in the ring waiting for him) when trying to get to Rollins? And yet last night Rollins, Kane, and Joey Mercury were able to, even without someone like the Big Show in The Authority any longer to provide extra assistance, put Lesnar down.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yea they should have had to of come at Brock with weapons and more people. And it still should have taken longer to get him under control. They had the right idea, just horrible execution

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
That final segment was an absolute catastrophe. Wow wtf was that

ohkayman

Jobber
Reaction score
Flytv.jpg

It's another fresh one.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I see what you did there. Oh, I do.
By the way, thinking about how Vinny V of all people is someone to look up to makes you think. I may also go for a walk now

You'll learn a whole lot about life from Vinny V. If you're home yet, make sure there's some junk food that your best buds didn't accidentally piss in. :eek:tunga:

Yea they should have had to of come at Brock with weapons and more people. And it still should have taken longer to get him under control. They had the right idea, just horrible execution

Upon second thought... winner.

Thought that it could be better if Rollins was a tough guy and tried to be defiantly confident in the face of the Beast... but that doesn't really work, since you'll have to put a bunch of roadblocks in the way to keep Rollins's blood from painting the whole city of Indy. Maybe it would be better if Rollins turned the chickenshit up to 11 and we pay for Brock to get his hands on Rollins, but that too doesn't make for good TV on Raw, plus it wouldn't get us talking. This did.

Think the roughest part is that these three losers are the ones who Rollins both trusted to beat down Brock, then they were successful, but as you say the weapons could be the great equalizer here. A little attention to detail would have been a long way. If Lesnar lifts Kane for an F-5 and Rollins hits him in the back with a chair to knock him down, that's all it takes, and we still get the cliffhanger for next week which the other "fantasy booking" scenarios didn't have. :)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
and we still get the cliffhanger for next week which the other "fantasy booking" scenarios didn't have. :)

Brock won't be on RAW next week, I guess they'll be selling the attack by Seth and the goon squad.

However, Brock is scheduled to appear on July 6th ep of RAW in Chicago. So, I guess payback time will be then.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Even worse seeing as Jamie got injured about a minute in. So you're telling me that a guy who can still wear youth clothing and who's biggest accomplishment was being a backdrop in a tag team, a middle aged man who hasn't been able to lift his legs higher than three feet in years, and a decent performer who's playing a cowardice champion can annihilate the man who killed Taker's streak and took three spears from Roman just to get him to the mat with a couple of blows to the leg, and a chokeslam? Very believable.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I am trying really hard to convince myself that the next 3 weeks will be of brock lesnar killing ISIS single-handedly or something in order to make up for getting laid out by a minus big show authority.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If they hadn't of been 'forced' to rip Seth Rollins' curb stomp away from him (bastards), then they could have at least had The Authority subdue Lesnar long enough for Rollins to curb stomp his head into a pile of cinder-blocks the same way he did Ambrose's last year. That would have been a lot better and more believable way of them managing to put Lesnar down than what we got, and it would have also served as a good reason as to why Brock isn't immediately back on Raw next week to exact revenge ASAP. Plus, imagine how badly Rollins would shit himself when Brock's music hit the week after next (the July 6th Raw in Chicago that he's scheduled to be at), realizing that the thing that put Ambrose out for a month could only keep Brock out for a week.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
2/10, how dare you deny me a quality Broski boot you fuckers. The rest was alright honestly, because i can skim the majority of the program.

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1