Rate Raw 6/19/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw using Numbers!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's exciting adventure known as Monday Night Raw and let us know what you thought :emoji_slight_smile:

Opening

Roman Reigns challenged the Universal Champion at Summerslam. He called Samoa Joe just Joe, which irked Joe. He also claimed no one could beat him one on one. Joe came out and attacked Roman but Roman made a comeback. Kurt Angle made a match between the two for later.

The Hardy Boyz vs the Club

The Hardy Boyz won by pin fall.

Finn Balor vs Bo Dallas

Elias Samson was in the ring and was interrupted by Finn Balor. Balor then faced Bo and defeated him by pin fall.

Seth Rollins

Rollins came out and announced he would be on the cover of WWE 2K18. He was interrupted by Bray Wyatt, however when Bray came to the ring, Rollins hit him with a splash from the top rope.

Backstage

Elias Samson attacked Finn Balor for upstaging him.

Akira Tozawa vs TJP

Akira won by pin fall. He was announced by Titus O'Neil.

Backstage

Curtis Axel tried to cheer up Bo Dallas. They were approached by Miz who offered them a spot on his "team."

Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe

Samoa Joe defeated Roman Reigns by submission when Braun Strowman returned and distracted Roman. Strowman then attacked Reigns and challenged him to an ambulance match at Great Balls of Fire.

Miz TV

Miz had Marysse as his guest. He had two bears in the ring and box. The box housed the restored grandfather clock. Ambrose came to the ring and Miz pulled his wife in front of her, spilling champagne over her. Ambrose pushed Miz into the box, destroying the clock. Marysse angrily left the ring. Ambrose tried to attacked Miz but was attacked by the bears who revealed themselves to be Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel.

The Titus Brand vs Cesaro and Sheamus

Cesaro and Sheamus won by pin fall.

Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax

Alexa Bliss was on commentary. During the match, Emma came out to confront Bliss, who ran to the ring to hide behind Nia JAx. Nia put Bliss in front of her, and when Emma when to hit Alexa, she moved and kicked Nia. Nia won by DQ. Basically the entire Raw women's roster came out and fight, resulting in Nia laying on the floor outside the ring.

Enzo and Cass

Throughout the night, Kurt Angle was trying to find out who has been attacked Enzo and Cass. He had the Revival and Big SHow in the ring, but ruled them out. Corey Graves revealed it was Cass, when he showed a video that Cass was never attacked. Cass admitted it was him and that he hated Enzo for having a big mouth and holding him down. Enzo cried in the ring. Cass attacked Enzo and then left.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The show is always better when you can FF past the fluff. I gave it a 7. I enjoyed most of the show. Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe was an excellent match and Braun returning was great. Was also nice watching Roman pass out to the rear naked choke. Enzo really sold that last segment.. eyes red and even shed some tears.... wow :)

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Okay so this story line is quite interesting than you think which could lead into a huge heel turn. So if you remember 2 weeks ago when Corey Graves stated he'd "shake hands with who ever attacked Enzo" after Enzo was assaulted. It caused controversy between Big Cass and Graves on RAW in which was all sorted out and they shook hands. Do you see the clue WWE could be giving us? I feel Cass faked his attack on RAW making fans believe it isn't him, now if this is true I wouldn't be annoyed at all because I feel Cass would be a great monster heel. What are your thoughts?

I'm actually Scooby Doo

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
Tough to call. Strowman returned which is good, Miz got to FINALLY stand tall and lay out Ambrose for the first time in what feels like a year. Though it seems like WWE are splitting up Miz and Maryse. I thought they were running the storyline where Maryse leaves Miz only to swerve and help Miz win at the PPV, but with Axel and Bo at Miz's side that'd just be overkill. My only thought is Maryse must be leaving...though this is WWE and WWE are very prone to making Blue decisions and might just be splitting them up for the LOLs.

The womens division is dead and buried now. All the girls chucked into a 5 minute clusterfuck segment. Pure Divas Era garbage.

Didn't watch anything else, but considering what I did watch I'll say 5/10.

irish_stu

Jobber
Reaction score
I enjoyed RAW this week, Roman v Joe was well worked and made snese seeing Braun back is a big plus for the show in general. Miz segment was good and I hope beyond hope that Great Balls of Fire is the end of this Ambrose feud.

I thought the Enzo and Cass segmet could have been done better, would have preferred to see Cass attack Enzo from behind during Graves clip on the tron and then save the promo till next week. I can see though if this a match for the PPV that would limit them time wise but that is how id have done it.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I was kinda hoping that it was a swerve and Enzo faked it then turned heel on Cass. Enzo would be a much better heel than Cass. Especially in the CW Division.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
For quite a while now we've all been unanimously giving WWE and RAW specifically (Smackdown to a much lesser degree) a ton of shit for their subpar to mediocre to even atrocious shows and rightfully so. Now, I don't know if the very low ratings lately got them rethinking a few things or if they just realized that the bad shit has to end but at least this week they actually did a lot of things right and gave us a really entertaining show that I feel deserves a 7/10.

Just to be clear, I will be the first to say "hold your horses" cause we all know that it ain't the first time they squeeze a good show between God awful ones and it's always times like these they we tend to get our hopes up thinking that good days are to come. I obviously hope this trend can come to a halt and we start getting some consistency on this show (in a good way, that is) but, again, in all fairness, this last edition of RAW was a good one. Granted, we still did get a fair portion of dogshit such as the atrocious women's segment but in the grand scheme of things, it was a small blemmish in what otherwise was a really good show with several interesting developments so I'm glad that after a long time we have more possitives to talk about. Quite refreshing, isn't it?

Without going into too much details and making this a gigantic post, some quick thoughts/notes on the major developments:

- Excellent opening promo from Roman Reigns and...how often do we say that? Rightfully so we've given this man a lot of shit and whether it's his fault or not is besides the point. The fact of the matter is, last night he delivered a very, very good promo in an almost heelish kind of way (which is perhaps what made it so good) and even though we all are aware that he ain't turning heel, it was definetely a step towards the right direction. The "this is my yard and I make the rules" or "some guy named Joe" quotes I thought were excellent...

- Braaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!! What a MASSIVE POP he got, oh my God !!!!!!! And of course, so good to have him back....

- Great promo by Seth Rollins and very neat trailer they did for the game. I guess the only "problem" in this whole thing is that Rollins pretty much has to go over, thus meaning another loss for Bray. At this point, I've unfortunately lost my interest in Bray Wyatt so...it is what it is...

- Is Miz just brilliant or what?

- Digging the Titus brand man, really am....:titus:

- Joe vs. Reigns was by far MOTN and easily PPV main event worthy...

- So Cass finally turned and was revieled to be the person behind the attacks backstage, including staging his own...

Got to give the man some props because that too was a really solid promo and of course props to Enzo for doing his part in selling it. If there's a bumber in all this, it's the fact that we didn't get to see these two guys get a run with the belts (oops, did I say belts?) but I guess it wouldn't be a storyline had they done so. Interesting to see where Enzo goes from here...

- I find it a bit funny that the GM of RAW was not aware of the security footage (or even security cameras) available but Corey Graves, the announcer, knew. Kind of weird, don't you think?

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Total sidenote here...
I passed by Krystal on the way to work and they have a big WWE 2k18 sign in the drive-thru, and in the background are two of WWE's top faces. AJ Styles, and Seth Rollins.
...and in the forefront? Braun Strowman.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
RAW was OK, much better than it was last week. 5/10

Things I liked:
- The opening segment with Reigns and Joe was good. It was nice to see Reigns embracing the heel heat/vibe, hope they keep it up. Joe also cut a good promo and the brawl was good, as well.

- Bálor vs Dallas was OK for the time given and both guys workd with some good aggression.

- Joe vs Reigns was pretty good and MOTN. Also, I loved Strowman's return and they set up the ambulance match nicely.

- The MizTV segment was good.

- The closing segment was great.

Things I didn't like or skipped:
- Everything else.

Reactions: alexb