Rate RAW 6/11/1012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
What did you think of it? I heard there were some good segments and matches.

Dolph winning was probably a really happy moment for the IWC. Same with Vader return and McMahon segment.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
5/10

All 5 rating points for the awesome #1 Contenders match and Ziggler's epicness. Found the rest to be pretty boring and/or Blue.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
FS people stealing my threads...

Meh cba to junk.

Right, 6/10 for me. It had plenty of haters tonight but I genuinely believe people are pumping themselves up to be negative about RAW and are forgetting about the back story.

Positives - Vince being spread throughout the whole show meant entertainment, he's a gods gift on TV. Johnny's future in doubt - everyone genuinely believing he'd be fired. The promo from Daniel Bryan, everything he touched tonight was fan-fucking-tastic. I'm going to make a thread on this soon, but he's become the 2011 CM Punk for me, speaking on behalf of the IWC. Even Punk was decent tonight and so was Kane. That feud has become epic. The Dolph Ziggler/Christian match, yes I know their were 4 participants but they stole the show. The match was fantastic - so fucking good. Then the tag-team match with Punk/AJ and Bryan/Kane, this was epic. We all cry for build up but then a select few moan when we get it? Come on, this has put everything in the air. AJ comes out in Punk's shirt, admits she still loves Bryan and kisses Kane, we all know she'll have some involvement but for who? Can anyone 100% say the winner of the match on Sunday? Then the Bryan/Vince segment, a semi-shoot type style with Bryan yet again cutting a CM Punk style promo. To top it all off, WWE actually got me interested in Big Show/Cena, Big Show was tolerable tonight because of the exceptional booking he's receiving. With Johnny's job on the line - I'm now interested in Cena/Show.

Negatives - The usual Sheamful ruining segments, and then having a match with Tensai. Santino/RR didn't need to be on there. Too much filler for me, but it's 3 hours so I can expect it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Very awkward Raw tonight. I remember the #1 Contender's match, the Kofi/Big Show crap, the final segment, loads of commercials, and nothing else.
Seriously, there must have been 2 hours of commercials tonight, it was very hard to sit through.

But still, if you can have a segment as awesome as the #1 Contenders Match was (after Khali left), the show deserves a 6/10 for being above average.

Sorry to be so dang negative on the thread btw. Maybe eventually I'll switch to Pepsi and lay off the Haterade.
I guess I'm too sick of the boring babyfaces and the PG crap, and seeing Vincent Kennedy McMahon get sucked into this crap was just really sad.
And I'm officially done with CM Punk after tonight. Get him off my TV.

Daniel Bryan's definitely in my Fave 5 after tonight. That guy's gold.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I can see why some are annoyed with Punk, but imo (I understand people disagreeing here though) he was decent. He served his purpose as the face who can bury anyone on that mic. He's elevating Bryan believe it or not. Would you see Cena admit that his opponent has beat him without mentioning it's dirty? I just wish he was a little bit less smiley, but overall he's serving his purpose which is rare for me to tolerate when someone is put in that "must smile to get kids to like you" role. If you're helping Bryan seem legit, then I'm happy.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
6/10 DZ winning was great, i liked the build up for punk/DB/Kane, and marked every time i saw Vince on tv. Looks like Swagger is the one getting away from Vicki, though. Really upset about the spoiler Smackdown commercials in the middle, and i thought Kofi was going to have a better match in the cage, he hits his finisher and it phased Show for all of 10 seconds total.

Way, way too many commercials, but i did get a lot of cleaning done and made a badass dinner only using the few minutes during breaks, which i assume i'll do every monday once the 3 hour shows get started regularly. Way too many commercials.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
i enjoyed it a lot. chatting while watching it makes it more enjoyable :)

Snowman1

Reaction score
Crayo said:
I can see why some are annoyed with Punk, but imo (I understand people disagreeing here though) he was decent. He served his purpose as the face who can bury anyone on that mic. He's elevating Bryan believe it or not. Would you see Cena admit that his opponent has beat him without mentioning it's dirty? I just wish he was a little bit less smiley, but overall he's serving his purpose which is rare for me to tolerate when someone is put in that "must smile to get kids to like you" role. If you're helping Bryan seem legit, then I'm happy.

I can see your point here. Maybe the truth Bryan was speaking was the issue here. Daniel Bryan told him, to his face, what happened to the new watered-down as all hell CM Punk, and there was nothing he could say because you can't hide from the truth. So Punk came off as a massive hypocrite.

To casuals (and Savage), this was great heat-generating because Bryan got Punk into the corner, while there's really no point in trying to get IWC heat on Bryan... talk about a lost cause.

When he mentioned that Bryan beat him clean, that was nice, I'll agree. But to me, Punk may have been a shadow of his former self but there were still pieces left. He flushed those pieces down the drain tonight, and I miss the Straight Edge Savior.

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Rainman said:
I can see your point here. Maybe the truth Bryan was speaking was the issue here. Daniel Bryan told him, to his face, what happened to the new watered-down as all hell CM Punk, and there was nothing he could say because you can't hide from the truth. So Punk came off as a massive hypocrite.

To casuals (and Savage), this was great heat-generating because Bryan got Punk into the corner, while there's really no point in trying to get IWC heat on Bryan... talk about a lost cause.

When he mentioned that Bryan beat him clean, that was nice, I'll agree. But to me, Punk may have been a shadow of his former self but there were still pieces left. He flushed those pieces down the drain tonight, and I miss the Straight Edge Savior.

Yeah I see your point. But being booked like WWE are booking him, it's impossible for Punk not to be a hypocrite in our eyes. The only way someone will be liked by the IWC and by the casuals if someone as talented as Stone Cold arrives and is BOOKED like Stone Cold. If you turn smiley, you win the kids, lose the adult smarks. If you put the finger up to the kids and WWE you have the smarks and lose the kids/parents. If you balance it out, Punk could be amazing like MITB 2011.

It must be hard feuding with Bryan, he is the hottest thing in pro wrestling at the moment so sustaining a big pop like Punk has is quite impressive. I like this approach though I really do, Punk being less controversial/good is being balanced by Bryan being more controversial/good. I hope that makes sense. Basically, we lost Punk and gained Bryan. A fair swap.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah I see your point. But being booked like WWE are booking him, it's impossible for Punk not to be a hypocrite in our eyes. The only way someone will be liked by the IWC and by the casuals if someone as talented as Stone Cold arrives and is BOOKED like Stone Cold. If you turn smiley, you win the kids, lose the adult smarks. If you put the finger up to the kids and WWE you have the smarks and lose the kids/parents. If you balance it out, Punk could be amazing like MITB 2011.

It must be hard feuding with Bryan, he is the hottest thing in pro wrestling at the moment so sustaining a big pop like Punk has is quite impressive. I like this approach though I really do, Punk being less controversial/good is being balanced by Bryan being more controversial/good. I hope that makes sense. Basically, we lost Punk and gained Bryan. A fair swap.

That... makes perfect sense. Great post.

Reactions: Crayo

MarkyMark

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Positives:
AJ/Punk/Bryan/Kane fued is entertaining
Ziggler won and pinned Swagger
Lots of Vince
Cena not in a match
AJ making out with Kane
Ryback being Ryback
Vader Time

Negatives:
Mixed tag match was boring
Big Show destroying the Tag Team Champs

Writing this I am noticing a lot more positives than negatives but for some reason the show as a whole still doesnt feel that good at all after just watching it and even while watching it I was thinking it wasn't very good. Hmmm. I'll give it a 6/10.

Reactions: Snowman1

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
MarkyMark said:
Writing this I am noticing a lot more positives than negatives but for some reason the show as a whole still doesnt feel that good at all after just watching it and even while watching it I was thinking it wasn't very good. Hmmm. I'll give it a 6/10.

I honestly believe if this was 2 hours people would be giving 7/8/9's maybe. Commercials were killer tonight, I think nearly every user complained about them. Something we're going to have to live with when it becomes permanent. Commercials really kill the buzz imo.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'm sitting on the john with the shits and I can't help but to blame Raw. Knocking my rating down to a 4

Reactions: Rysenberg and Crayo