Rate RAW 5/1/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's RAW episode!

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You know the drill, ladies and gentlemen. Vote above and give your thoughts below!

RAW Results:
— The show opened with the entire Raw women’s roster was in-ring for the coronation ceremony of Alexa Bliss as the new Raw Women’s Champion. Bliss went around the ring and addressed some of the women before climbing onto a golden pedestal and telling Bayley that she was no longer a role model for her family. Bayley then dumped over Alexa’s golden pedestal and a brawl broke out between everyone in the ring, leading to…

1. Alexa Bliss, Emma, Nia Jax and Alicia Fox defeated Bayley, Sasha Banks, Mickie James and Dana Brooke. This eight-woman tag match was made during the break by Raw GM Kurt Angle. The match ended when Alexa Bliss gouged Bayley’s eyes, then hit her with a DDT for the victory.

2. Luke Gallows defeated Enzo Amore. Enzo was accompanied to the ring by Big Cass, and Gallows was accompanied by Karl Anderson. Gallows scored the win after Anderson caused a distraction.

— Backstage, TJ Perkins questioned Neville about his dirty tactics from his match with Austin Aries the night before. Neville blamed the referee, then told Perkins that if he defeats Aries tonight, he could be next in line for a Cruiserweight Championship opportunity.

— Seth Rollins came to the ring to discuss his future. He called out Brock Lesnar and demanded a Universal Championship match. He was interrupted by Finn Balor, who reminded Rollins that he never actually lost the Universal Championship, and that he too wanted a shot at Lesnar. They were both interrupted by Dean Ambrose, who said he was looking for a fight. Cue the Miz, accompanied by Maryse, who said Balor and Rollins had earned nothing, and that Ambrose was an embarrassment as Intercontinental Champion. All three men told Miz to shut up, then Ambrose called Kurt Angle from the ring and asked him to make a triple threat match between Miz, Rollins and Balor to determine a new No. 1 contender for the Intercontinental Championship.

3. Rich Swann, Akira Tozawa and Jack Gallagher defeated Tony Nese, The Brian Kendrick and Noam Dar. Kendrick had Gallagher in the Captain’s Hook but Tozawa hit Kendrick with a Shining Wizard to break up the submission. Gallagher then hit Kendrick with a dropkick in the corner, covering him for the pin.

— Sheamus and Cesaro came to the ring and blamed the Hardy Boyz for taking away their WrestleMania moment. The Hardys then showed up and stormed the ring. Sheamus and Cesaro fled.

4. Apollo Crews defeated Heath Slater. Slater was accompanied to the ring by Rhyno, and Crews was accompanied by Titus O’Neil. Crews pinned Slater following a sitout powerbomb. Just like last week, O’Neil and Crews took a post-match selfie, but this time, Rhyno jumped in the shot.

— Kurt Angle came out to update the WWE Universe on Roman Reigns’ health following his beatdown at the hands of Braun Strowman the night before. Angle said Reigns re-injured his ribs and suffered internal injuries; additionally, Strowman tore his rotator cuff. Angle was then interrupted by Bray Wyatt, who told Angle that he needs him, and asked him if he was going to walk by his side or stand in his way. Angle told Wyatt that it was his show, to which Wyatt responded that this was his world.

5. Austin Aries defeated TJP. TJP, formerly known as TJ Perkins, tapped out to the Last Chancery. He then attacked Aries after the match was over, taking out Aries’ left knee.

— Backstage, Dean Ambrose made Finn Balor eat a donut. Then Elias Samson wandered by.

— Goldust and R-Truth asked Kurt Angle for a Raw Tag Team Championship opportunity. Angle said their win/loss record wasn’t good enough for a title match, but said he would put them into a tag team turmoil match on Raw next week, with the winner becoming the new No. 1 contenders.

6. Intercontinental Championship No. 1 Contender’s Triple Threat Match: The Miz defeated Finn Balor and Seth Rollins. The match started with the Miz purposely jumping out of the ring, trying to pit Rollins and Balor against one another. The pair eventually tracked him down and attacked him, continually knocking him out of the ring. Miz scored his revenge on Rollins, launching him from the top rope to the outside, where he crashed into the barricade.

Later in the match, Rollins attempted a flying crossbody on Balor but missed and landed directly on his head. Balor took control of the match, hitting Rollins with a 1916 but Miz broke up the cover. Miz scored a nearfall on Rollins after a basement dropkick to Rollins’ bad knee, followed by a DDT. He then locked on the Figure Four Leglock but Balor broke up the submission attempt. Rollins scored a double Blockbuster on both opponents, then hit Balor with a Frog Splash, but only got a two-count.

Rollins then hit Miz with a top-rope superplex followed by a Falcon Arrow, again for a two-count. Samoa Joe then came out of the crowd and took out Rollins on the outside, distracting Miz long enough for Balor to connect with a Sling Blade and a dropkick into the corner. Before he could hit the Coup De Gras, Bray Wyatt teleported into the ring and took him out with a Sister Abigail, allowing for Miz to make the cover for the victory.

Source

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...a few notes:
~ Alexa...you may have wonderful facial expressions, be fantastic on the mic and have an incredible body...but...
you ain't no Charlotte...and you never will be.
~ Great booking for the women's division by the RAW creative team...at Payback only 2 of the women get
any match time...with Sasha not even on the card...then the next night on RAW...fuck it! Throw all of them
in the same match...it works for the cruiserweights...so it will work for the women.

Wait...Hang on second....that's right...I DOESN'T FUCKING WORK FOR THE CRUISERWEIGHTS!!!

~ Now...I will admit I was the first to be annoyed by Alexa Bliss showing up and (in my mind) stealing Sasha's
place as #1 heel and #1 contender on RAW...but...honestly...I'm just happy Bayley's pathetic reign is over.
I can handle Sasha being a face and feuding with Alexa...hell...I'm all for it as I love watching both women perform....

For their in ring skills of course....
35pykav2yzuy.jpg
~ The idea of Sasha not knowing who Alexa was is pretty dumb...especially considering that on the main roster:
Sasha: 3 title reigns...75 days as a champion...
Alexa: 3 title reigns...112 days as a champion & counting...plus Alexa won two of her championships on Pay Per View...
and as we all know...for some fucking reason...Sasha isn't allowed to win a title on Pay Per View.

So...going by statistics...Alexa has now had a more successful main roster career than Sasha Banks...And while
I love Little Miss Bliss...that just doesn't seem right or fair.

~ Wow...does Bayley have any backstage heat at the moment? Pinned clean in her home town to loose the title...
then pinned clean the next night in an 8 women tag match. Yes...I know Alexa raked Bayley's eyes...but for me...
it was a clean pin.

~ I'm curious to see when Bayley enacts her rematch clause...of course...she might not get the chance if she keeps
getting dropped on her head.

Good...You Suck Bayley! Go back to NXT so Asuka can kick you around some more!

As far as the rest of the show...I didn't watch it...

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
7/10 just because the main event was at least a 4* match. The rest was pretty boring except for the opening segment, Kurt-Bray segment and Dean's backstage interviews.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Compared to last weeks shit show, this was most definetely an improvement (let's be real, it could not have been any worse than last week) and though my grade of 6/10 is probably a bit generous, I figured I'd cut some slack for somewhat of an effort. Some random thoughts:

- First off, got to agree with Grevious in regards to the women and how WWE just threw all of them in a 6-tag. It wasn't bad or anyhing but when you've overplayed this card, it does indeed get tiresome.

On a side note, since there's a lot of comparison with Charlotte, my humble opinion, there is no comparison simply because we are talking about two completely different superstars, both of which are just that damn good in what they do and while Charlotte is obviously more gifted in the ring, Alexa's mic skills are simply off the charts as far as I'm concerned. The ideal scenario would be a mixture of both but it is what it is so I'll take what I can from both...

- Sheamus and Cesaro offered their explanation in regards to the heel turn and, well, no surprise really. Quite frankly, it was excactly what I thought it would be and to be honest, I dig the attitude, more so on Cesaro's behalf since Sheamus we already know of already. Kind of sucks for Goldy and R-Truth cause their timing to be asking for an opportunity could not have come at a worse time and the way this is shaping up, we are probably looking at She-saro and the Hardys once more, at which point I feel the title change will be made and the broken gimmick will be born (as far as the WWE, that is).

- So...superstar shake up in order to freshen things up and...Ambrose vs. Miz it is again. Sigh....Aside from that, give Ambrose some props for being entertaining all night long. I hear a lot of people really shitting on him and though there are times he can indeed be corny with his jokes, I still feel he's one of the more entertaining folks around...

- Intruiging interaction between Bray and Kurt. Idk, maybe it's because it was a first but I'll give them some credit cause it certainly peaked my interest...

- Cool main event overall, even if the outcome (at least as far as I'm concerned) I saw coming a mile away, for the simple reason that both Rollins and Balor are above the IC title, not to mention the promo they had earlier in the show, both stating their desire for the Universal Title....

You know, speaking of the Universal Title, I feel this has become a bit of a joke and though perhaps a topic that should probably be discussed in a seperate thread, I can't help but say this here: what a joke has it become...

We got from a promising start when Fin Balor first won it, to KO's overall mediocre run in which I cannot recall a single time he won clean while defending it, to dropping it to Goldberg in less then a minute, to Goldberg not defending it until a month later at Mania against Lesnar in a match that went roughly 5 minutes, to now Lesnar first defending it (as announced and advertised)...5 months later, on July 9th. Seriously? Is this the top belt of RAW or what?

Forget the past, let's stick to the present. You mean to tell me Lesnar wins the belt in April only to first defend it in...July? Almost five fucking months later? I get it, it's Lesnar, he's part time but...5 fucking months? Not even the courtesy of at least the PPV's prior, starting a couple of nights ago at Payback? I couldn't even care less as far as who he faced (give him a jobber to destroy, who cares) but at least have the fucking top belt be present on the show, right? Am I really being unreasonable here? Oh, and whatever happened to that "title must be defended once at least in a span of 30 days" rule? I guess it only applies where it suits us and doesn't when its inconvenient...

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Decent show this week. 6/10

The highlights were the Rollins/Bálor/Miz/Ambrose segment, Cesaro/Sheamus segment, Ambrose's backstage interviews and the ME was absolutely great.

It was one of the best main events in a while, probably the best RAW main event of the year so far. All three guys put on a great effort and delivered a fun match.

They also set up Joe vs Rollins, Bálor vs Wyatt and Miz vs Ambrose, which is nice.

Everything else on the show was kind of meh and boring.

Reactions: alexb

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I didn't even catch this but Enzo punting someone right in the baby bald heed...

ezgif-3-acb32269eb.gif

That made me LOL :dawg:

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Loved the main event and especially the ending, Miz just beat Rollins and Balor.

The only downside is that I think Miz/Dean feud has been done to death on SmackDown. I actually liked Dean's loopyness on Raw, usually it's cringeworthy imo but this was pretty good. Loved how he kept using names like Heenan, Monsoon, etc when he was throwing it back to the commentary team.

The rest was meh but they didnt make it feel extra long like they usually do, definitely one of the better Raws in a while!

6/10