Rate Raw 4/3/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Raw!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Raw in our poll and leave some comments telling us what you thought of the show!

Opening

The show opened with a recap of the Undertaker vs Roman Reigns match and a long chant of Undertaker reverberated throughout the arena. Soon a chant of Undertaker/Roman Sucks began. Then Roman Reigns came out. The fans chanted a variety of things to him, including "Delete" and "You Suck!" and "Asshole!" The fans kept booing him whenever he put the mic up to his mouth.

"This is my yard now," Roman Reigns said and then left the room.

Raw Tag Team Championship: Champions the Hardy Boyz vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

The Hardy Boyz retained their tag team championship by pin fall.

Mustafa Ali vs Neville

Neville defeated Ali by submission

After the match a limo pulled into the arena. Vince McMahon got out.

Vince McMahon

In the ring, Vince offered a thank you to the audience for being the most passionate fans in all the world. He then said that next week there is going to be a superstar shakeup. He then said something terrible happened the night before, possibly hinting he meant the retirement of the Undertaker, but then showed it was Stephanie getting hit and put through a table.

Vince said that Stephanie would be out of action and the fans were happy about it. Vince called them insensitive and cruel. He then said he had to name a new general manager and said it was someone who was just inducted into the Hall of Fame. Teddy Long's music began playing and he came out and began dancing. Vince cut the music and told Long that it wasn't him. Teddy said, "MY bad" and left.

Vince kept trying to announce the new general manager but the music would not play. Finally he called him a prima donna and introduced Kurt Angle. Angle said it was great to be back on Raw and said it was true, it was damn true. Then he left.

The New Day vs the Revival

The New Day came out with a regular New Day promo and turned to their opponents, who were revealed to be the Revival.

Backstage

Kurt Angle was moving into his office and was approached by Enzo and Cass. Enzo did his opening spiel and Angle agreed and said he was doing great. They complained about the Hardy Boyz getting the match and winning the champion. He asked a lot of questions, including why is Goofy treated like a human and Pluto like a dog.
Kurt Angle put Enzo and Cass into a number one contender's match with Sheamus and Cesaro. Cass did his "Sawft" line and when they left, Angle looked confused and commented that it was not how you spelled "soft."

Six Woman Tag Match: Sasha Banks and Bayley and Dana Brooke vs Charlotte and Nia Jax and Emma

Sasha Banks made Charlotte tap out, giving the win to her team.

Backstage

Sami Zayn was trying to forge a relationship with Kurt Angle and Angle told Sami that he possessed all of the 3 I's.

Jinder Mahal interrupted and he and Sami got into an argument. Angle put them in a match.

Lesnar and Heyman

Paul Heyman told the crowd a bedtime story about a "superhero," basically mocking Goldberg. The whole point of his story was that Lesnar defeated Goldberg and that he won't be seen in WWE anymore. Heyman thanked Taker and Lesnar and then a "Thank you Brock" chant began. Then Heyman said Brock was looking for a new challenger.

After listing some people, Heyman mentioned that Reigns and Lesnar should fight as they were the only two to beat Undertaker and they needed to determine whose yard it really is. Heyman mocked Reigns for the "Big Dawg" stuff and the crowd began chanting for Lesnar. Heyman said if Reigns is the big dawg, then Lesnar is animal cruelty. Heyman said that Lesnar authorized him to give the crowd something special tonight, implying the Lesnar vs Reigns match would happen tonight.

Suddenly, Braun Strowman come out. Braun confronted Lesnar and mentioned that Reigns had Lesnar's attention and maybe once Strowman was finished with Reigns, Strowman would have Lesnar's attention. Strowman pushed Lesnar by the belt and told Lesnar that he had Strowman's attention. Lesnar put the belt down and dared Strowman to step over it. Strowman then backed away. He told Lesnar they would do it on his time and the crowd chanted "bullshit."

Raw Tag Championship Number One Contender Match: Enzo and Cass vs Sheamus and Cesaro

Sheamus and Cesaro defeated Enzo and Cass to become the number one contenders to the Raw tag team championship.

Jinder Mahal vs Sami Zayn

Sami Zayn defeated Jinder Mahal by pin fall.

Seth Rollins and a mystery partner vs Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe

Finn Balor was the mystery partner and he pinned KO after a coup de grace for him and Seth Rollins to win the match.

Reactions: Gman003

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
9/10

:bodallas:

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am giving this show an 8. I may have considered giving it a 10, but there were a couple things I did not like:

I did not like Heyman teasing a Lesnar and Reigns match for tonight and then having the tease interrupted by Strowman. Then, when I was over it and looking forward to a Strowman and Lesnar fight, Strowman leaves without even a single punch going off. Sucked.

Second, so freaking tired of Sheamus and Cesaro vs Enzo and Cass. They've fought more than Hogan vs Flair at this point. Sheesh.

Other than that, this was a solid show. The highlight for me was either the beginning when the crowd SKEWERED Reigns (even though I thought a few of the chants were uncalled for) or the arrival of Kurt Angle :)

All in all, good Raw. Good Raw.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
8.5/10

Roman.
The fans.
Kurt.
Vince made an appearance.
Best tag team in the world.
Finn.

I actually kept this Raw on for the whole show. That says a lot. GG WWE.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Compared to what RAW could be or use to be.... 5, easily.

Hardy's were great.... no promo which is what everybody is waiting for from them, not just some midcard tag team.

All the Kurt Angle stuff was great

Some stars getting moved around, hope Balor & AJ end up on the same roster... Club would be a bonus.

That cruiserweight match was fantastic & the main event was pretty decent.

Can't get passed Roman or the stupidity of him & the fact that he will be facing Brock to take the Title again. WWE will never try any harder or change their ways & that kind of ruins anything good that they do because you know in advance that it isn't going anywhere

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I've just now heard Romans one and only line. 10/10 already.

The most amazing beginning to raw in a long, long time. Holy shit we had some tremendous waves of boo's, a nice loud 'you suck', and we can't forget the best ones. 'Fuck you roman' 'shut the Fuck up' and 'go away'. That was amazing.

Now the Hardy Boyz are up next. I have to watch this before bed.

I'll recap the rest sometime tomorrow after I can watch it lol

Reactions: Solid Snake

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well...I'm happy...because Evil Emma is finally back!

I wanna see her trap Bayley in the Emma lock and keep her in it till she passes out...

I'm honestly too worn out to care or process anything else...so I'll leave it at that...

Emma 4 RAW Women's Champion in 2017!

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Raw was great, so I'll give it an 8.

Positives:
- The opening was good, this should show WWE that Roman is better off as a Heel.
- Hardyz/Anderson and Gallows was good.
- The Cruiserweight match was good.
- Kurt Angle is RAW GM is amazing.
- Love that the rosters are going to be "shaken up".
- The Revival debuted.
- Emma is back.
- Finn is back.
- Main event was good.

Negatives:
- I'm getting reeeeally tired of Sheamus and Cesaro/Enzo and Cass, it's just boring at this point, Sheamus and Cesaro would both be better off as singles stars.
- I'm not sure about Strowman vs Lesnar, but say for example Strowman is the Heel in this and Brock is the Face, that can be used to bring Big Dog Roman the Big Dog in as a Heel to face Lesnar. Strowman didn't attack Brock either so that was kind of a let down.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Post-Mania RAW was very good, I enjoyed it. 8/10

The show had a good vibe, the crowd was energetic (they were lame at times, too), we also had good returns and debuts.

The show was simply entertaining overall, something it hasn't been in a while.

Things I liked:
- The opening segment with Reigns and the crowd booing the hell out of him was good. Man, oh man, it was electric! I liked how Reigns was a smug asshole throughout the segment and simply said "This is my yard now" in the end and then left. Hopefully that means we'll see a heel Reigns soon.

- The Hardy Boyz vs Gallows & Anderson was rock solid.

- Neville vs Ali was good. They worked hard and put on a good performance, even though the crowd largely didn't care and was busy with beach balls and chanting "Beach ball Mania". I loved how Neville told them to go fuck themeselves at the end of the match, though, when he refused to go for the Red Arrow and finished Ali with Rings of Saturn instead.

- The Vinnie Mac segment was good, it was short and to the point. He announced a superstar shake-up/draft for next week, as well as Angle as the new RAW GM. Neat!

- SAY YEAH! WE GO HARD, ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT! I marked for The Revival, man! Even though I would've preferred them on SmackDown, because they need them more, I still marked for them. Their match with The New Day was rock solid and more importantly, they went over clean.

- Angle/Enzo & Cass segment was hilarious.

- Lesnar/Heyman segment was alright. Heyman setting up Lesnar vs Reigns immediately after WM is interesting. On another note, them teasing Strowman vs Lesnar is interesting, as well. It sucked they didn't get into a fight, though.

- Cesaro & Sheamus vs Enzo & Cass was solid. Looking forward to Cesaro & Sheamus vs The Hardyz.

- Zayn vs Mahal was filler, but it was OK.

- Rollins & Bálor vs KO & Joe was a good ME. Yes, Finn is back! And he hasn't lost a step. I liked how they wrote Y2J off and set up Bálor as a mystery partner. I'm surprised there wasn't any tension between Rollins and Bálor, but hey, this was a good match to close out a fun show.

Things I didn't like or skipped:
- Turns out the only segment I skimmed through was the women's tag match. I mean, it's nice to have Emma back, but I just find myself not caring about this division. Also, no heel Sasha? Meh.

On a side note: I said it not too long ago that I was just waiting for WM and post-WM RAW to suck and I would be done with RAW and would stick to watching PPVs and SmackDown only, but... Since I liked WM and I liked post-Mania RAW, I guess I'll be sticking with RAW for now. So, please, keep it up, RAW!

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
9/10

:bodallas:
200.gif