• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Raw!

• 0/10

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The story goes (according at least to what Metlzer reported) that Vince was not satisfied with Mauros commentary and pretty much gave the green light to JBL for all the bullying that took place. So...you mean to tell me that Vince did not like how Mauro called the matches or his commentary in general but likes the shows they keep on giving us almost every single Monday? What a shitshow this was...0/10

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The go-home show for Payback was OK. It wasn't great nor was it downright awful, it was just "there". 5/10

As Beavporeon said, the first hour was largely good and they were doing some nice PPV build-up, but then the show simply dropped in quality after that.

Things I liked:
- The show opening segment with Y2J, Ambrose, The Miz and Maryse was solid. I appreciate that they revisited Ambrose/Y2J rivalry and had them reconcile, while also continuing the Ambrose/Miz feud. On a side note, I don't like the fact that the IC title won't be defended at Payback. Hopefully they can figure out what to do with it after Payback. Putting the title back on The Miz would be a good start.

- Matt Hardy vs Sheamus was good. Both men put on a good effort and build some nice tension near the end of the match, as well as after the match. It was weird they booked Sheamus and Cesaro to lose two weeks in a row, though. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned heel at Payback and won the titles.

- Strowman vs Kalisto was OK. However, the post-match segment when Strowman destroyed Kalisto ruled.

- Rollins, Bálor & Cass vs Joe, Gallows & Anderson was solid given the time constraint. There were some fun moments and Rollins won to gain momentum ahead of his match with Joe at Payback while Joe avoided losing. No complaints.

- That backstage segment with Ambrose/Y2J was OK. However, it was hilarious when Y2J put Ambrose back on the list after previously taking him off.

- Crews vs Hawkins was OK, but this should've been more like Bálor vs Hawkins from last week.

Things I didn't like or skipped:
- Everything else.

Again, Disclaimer: Haven't been watching Raw in a while, but from what I've seen Sheamus and Cesaro have been a spectacular tag team, while playing up the obvious aspects and whatnot.
So. The Hardys asking for a handshake and them hitting double big moves and just pounding and hossing the shit out of these backyarders? Sounds fun to me!
But I'm sure they haven't even thought about that yet. :)