• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Raw!

• 0/10

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Raw and leave comments to let us know what you thought of the show.

The Highlight Reel

Chris Jericho said this would be the last episode of the Highlight Reel on Raw since he is going to beat Kevin Owens, win the US title and move to Smackdown. He then announced himself as his guest. He was interrupted by the Miz and Maryse. Miz said that Raw is no longer Jericho and hasn't been since he arrived. He then said the Highlight Reel was cancelled and would be replaced by Miz TV. Workers then came in and began changing the set over to Miz TV.

Miz was interrupted by Dean Ambrose. He began changing the Miz TV set to the Ambrose Asylum. He introduced Jericho as his guest. Ambrose said he forgave Jericho for destroying Mitch and apologized for destroying Jericho's light up jacket. Jericho then told Ambrose that he owed him $15,000 for the jacket. Ambrose gave Jericho a jacket with Christmas lights on it. When Jericho was about to try the jacket on, Miz interrupted them. He accused Ambrose of devaluing the IC title. He told them that he was the only one that deserved gifts. Ambrose said that he did have a gift for Miz and hit him with Dirty Deeds.

Jericho then put Maryse on the list for marrying Miz.

Matt Hardy vs Sheamus

Matt Hardy defeated Sheamus by pin fall. Cesaro was blaming Jeff Hardy for the loss afterwards. Sheamus went to shake Matt's hand and Cesaro went to shake Jeff's hand.

Backstage

Kurt Angle announced that Braun Strowman would face Kalisto in a dumpster match. Miz and Maryse then interrupted Angle. Angle told Miz to find a partner because he would be in a tag match against Ambrose and Jericho.

Neville and TJ Perkins vs Jack Gallagher and Austin Aries

Austin Aries and Jack Gallagher won by pin fall.

Braun Strowman vs Kalisto in a Dumpster Match

Kalisto knocked Strowman off the ring apron into the dumpster to win the match. Strowman then beat him down afterward. Strowman then rolled the dumpster to the top of the ramp and rolled it off.

Dana Brooke vs Alicia Fox

Dana Brooke defeated Alicia Fox by pin fall.

Enzo and Cass and Seth Rollins vs Samoa Joe and the Club

The Club and Joe ambushed Enzo and Cass until Rollins came to help out. Enzo appeared to be severely injured. Enzo was replaced by Finn Balor.

Cass, Seth Rollins and Finn Balor won by pin fall.

Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks

Alexa came to the ring for an interview and was interrupted by Bayley, who was then interrupted by Sasha Banks, who announced she had a match with Alexa. Alexa wanted to cancel the match but Sasha knocked her out of the ring,Sasha Banks won by count out.

Jericho and Ambrose

Ambrose asked to be taking off the list after acknowledging all of the past between the two. Although Jericho did take him off the list, he put him back on when Ambrose left.

Curt Hawkins vs Apollos Crews

Apollo Crews defeated Curt Hawkins by pin fall.

Miz and Maryse vs Dean Ambrose and Chris Jericho

Miz announced his partner a couple times but he didn't come out. Miz claimed the match was cancelled and began to leave until Kurt Angle appeared. Angle told him to wrestle the match regardless of whether he had a partner. At one point, Ambrose had Miz up on the announce table. The room went dark and Bray Wyatt showed up and took out Ambrose. Wyatt eventually took out Jericho and Miz put his hand on Bray's shoulder. Bray then attacked Miz.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
A five. There really wasn't anything special about this episode. Bray Wyatt being Miz's partner seemed unnecessary as he had nothing to do with any feud on Raw, really. The Dumpster match was okay and a few of the matches all right. All in all, this show was just kind there.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well...I have a few notes on this Episode of "The Sasha Banks Show"

~ Jericho is leaving after Payback...therefore I don't care!
~ Can we put the Intercontinental title back on the Miz?
~ Is it me...or is Matt Hardy's age really showing?
~ Welcome to RAW Kalisto...no longer will you have to have the shit
kicked out of you by Baron Corbin...you get to have the shit kicked
out of you by Braun Strowman...Have fun! Shouldn't Kalisto be fighting
Neville and the other Cruiserweights? Just saying...
~ And now a Cruiserweight tag match...Skip!
~ And Kalisto gets the shit kicked out of him...Just go sign with AAA K-Man...
~ I do always enjoy watching a Bray Wyatt promo...but its hard to care
as the WWE creative team seems hell bent on destroying his career.
~ Okay...so I like that fact that Dana, Emma & Foxy are getting some
TV time and the RAW writers are attempting to have a "B-Plot" in their
women's division...but...its just the opposite of what I want. I wanted
Emma & Dana running together...and may-be it will eventually happen...

Perhaps if Sasha turns heel...Emma will turn face and keep the division balanced?
Could "Evil Emma" be a face? Should I stop caring?

~ Okay...I'm liking the team of Cass, Balor & Rollins...but...pairing Joe
with Gallows & Anderson is lame. Seriously...Gallows & Anderson may
as well just leave the WWE at this point...their a fucking joke!
~ Finn is still undefeated since his return...which is good...not good
enough for him to have a match at Payback...but whatever...
~ Okay...so I've really soured on Alexa Bliss since she moved to RAW...
in fact...I don't really give a shit about the RAW women's division at
the moment. I'll care again when Sasha turns heel...until then...try
and make me care WWE...just try...
~ Bayley makes me fucking sick...and I hate Sasha playing "second
fiddle" to her...GO HUG YOURSELF BAYLEY!!! How about you win
a match clean for a change!
~ Does Sasha have a match at Payback? She should considering she
is Sasha Fucking Banks...one of the only true female "superstars" the
WWE has.
~ And while we are on the subject...Nia Jax was given the week off
again and there was no sign of Mickie James. Way to use the talent
you have RAW creative. Just send Nia back to NXT...she's awkward,
boring and could seriously injure someone in the future. Just watching
that Charlotte/Nia match a couple of weeks ago had my heart in my throat.
~ And Heath Slater & Rhyno will now be lumped in with Curt Hawkins,
Curtis Axel & Titus O'Neil as backstage comedy segment jobbers...wonderful.
~ Apollo Crews vs. Curt Hawkins...Skip!
~ [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]
~ Is that Drifter guy going to wrestle?
~ And the tag team main event ends in a no contest as Bray Wyatt shows
up and...and...I'm sorry...but Bray could Sister Abigail Lesnar, Goldberg,
the Undertaker, Kurt Angle & Triple H...and it still wouldn't fix anything.

Bray Wyatt has once again been killed by the WWE Creative...and that
makes me sad.

I'm done...and I honestly don't care about Payback because the matches
have had fuck all in the way of build up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Kalisto won? Wtf I was ready to see the little man get thrown into a dumpster.

He did get thrown in the dumpster and pushed off the stage, a la the New Age Outlaws vs Cactus Jack and Terry Funk.

I beat It

Jobber
Reaction score
And that's usually are hard thing for me to admit. Week after week burying the product. But tonight had a good flow and no Roman reigns. Give it a 5.5. Kalisto has no business beating Strowman but I guess his mystic is done, and buttering him up for Reigns Sunday.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I give it a 6. The first hour when by quick but dragged a bit in hour two. But, I'll say this, comedically, Miz, Dean, and Jericho were all on point.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Holy shit. I came in to check the reviews, and was going to post here specifically to talk shit about the fact that a 0 is possible on a scale of 1-10...and yet after reading the results, I see what it is for.

I have 0 interest in this product, none of what I liked was written or built here for my general interests. A circle jerk (of people I think are awesome) to start, absolutely minimal writing on the cruiserweights (A double is beast) and a cluster fuck of the rest of this show.

This is the shit I would expect reading a rate smackdown thread a year+ ago before the draft. What a joke.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Holy shit. I came in to check the reviews, and was going to post here specifically to talk shit about the fact that a 0 is possible on a scale of 1-10...and yet after reading the results, I see what it is for.

I have 0 interest in this product, none of what I liked was written or built here for my general interests. A circle jerk (of people I think are awesome) to start, absolutely minimal writing on the cruiserweights (A double is beast) and a cluster fuck of the rest of this show.

This is the shit I would expect reading a rate smackdown thread a year+ ago before the draft. What a joke.

Then stop watching if it's that serious. My God man, a lot of feels flying around. Get a new hobby.

• Haha
Reactions: Aids Johnson

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The go-home show for Payback was OK. It wasn't great nor was it downright awful, it was just "there". 5/10

As Beavporeon said, the first hour was largely good and they were doing some nice PPV build-up, but then the show simply dropped in quality after that.

Things I liked:
- The show opening segment with Y2J, Ambrose, The Miz and Maryse was solid. I appreciate that they revisited Ambrose/Y2J rivalry and had them reconcile, while also continuing the Ambrose/Miz feud. On a side note, I don't like the fact that the IC title won't be defended at Payback. Hopefully they can figure out what to do with it after Payback. Putting the title back on The Miz would be a good start.

- Matt Hardy vs Sheamus was good. Both men put on a good effort and build some nice tension near the end of the match, as well as after the match. It was weird they booked Sheamus and Cesaro to lose two weeks in a row, though. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned heel at Payback and won the titles.

- Strowman vs Kalisto was OK. However, the post-match segment when Strowman destroyed Kalisto ruled.

- Rollins, Bálor & Cass vs Joe, Gallows & Anderson was solid given the time constraint. There were some fun moments and Rollins won to gain momentum ahead of his match with Joe at Payback while Joe avoided losing. No complaints.

- That backstage segment with Ambrose/Y2J was OK. However, it was hilarious when Y2J put Ambrose back on the list after previously taking him off.

- Crews vs Hawkins was OK, but this should've been more like Bálor vs Hawkins from last week.

Things I didn't like or skipped:
- Everything else.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
A five. There really wasn't anything special about this episode. Bray Wyatt being Miz's partner seemed unnecessary as he had nothing to do with any feud on Raw, really. The Dumpster match was okay and a few of the matches all right. All in all, this show was just kind there.

It was pretty obvious why they had Wyatt interfere in the ME and it was because they wanted him to kick some ass and gain some momentum heading into the PPV.

Meh. Can't say it made me care about the match on Sunday.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It was pretty obvious why they had Wyatt interfere in the ME and it was because they wanted him to kick some ass and gain some momentum heading into the PPV.

Meh. Can't say it made me care about the match on Sunday.

Then they could have constructed a main event in which it made sense that Bray would interfere in. They didn't have to put forth a main event that made zero sense why he would care to be part of.

Edit: or don't have him as the official partner in the main event and have him come out and just take everyone out. It's putting him as the official partner that makes no sense in accordance with Bray's character up to now.