Rate Raw 4/17/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • 7/10

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 8/10

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this episode of Raw and let us know what you thought of the show by leaving some comments!

Opening

Braun Strowman came to the ring to talk about how proud he was about attacking Roman Reigns and then he mentioned he would go through everyone on the roster. Kurt Angle came to the ring and asked Braun what he had to prove. Angle gave Roman a match against Braun at Payback and Strowman told Angle it would be Roman's funeral. Strowman asked about tonight and Angle told him he should be suspended but he's getting the night off. Strowman warned Angle that Mick Foley tried this and it didn't get Foley far at all. He told Angle he wanted more competition "Or else." When Angle asked "Or else what?" Strowman left.

Samoa Joe vs Chris Jericho

Seth Rollins was on commentary during this match.

Joe defeated Jericho by submission

Backstage

Golden Truth was attacked by Braun Strowman as they made their way to the ring. Strowman grabbed R Truth and screamed "I said EVERYONE!"

Enzo and Cass vs Gallows and Anderson

Enzo and Cass replaced Golden Truth. Gallows and Anderson won by pin fall.

Miz TV with Dean Ambrose

Ambrose insulted Miz's outfit but Miz made the point that he dresses well because he respects what a WWE superstar is but Dean Ambrose's appearance made them look like "just wrestlers." The two basically bickered until finally, Ambrose attacked Miz. Maryse tried to injure Ambrose but it didn't work and she and her husband fled from the ring.

Backstage

Strowman was dragging Kalisto and put him in the garbage. Big Show then attacked Strowman, knocking him over and told him to pick on someone his own size.

TJ Perkins vs Jack Gallagher

Neville made a "personal appearance" before the match. Austin Aries also came to ringside. He and Neville got into a fight at ringside.

TJ Perkins won by pin fall.

Raw Women's Championship Number One Contender's Match: Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks vs Mickie James

Alexa Bliss became the number one contender to the Raw Women's Championship when she pinned Sasha Banks.

Curt Hawkins vs Finn Balor

Finn Balor defeated Curt Hawkins by pin fall.

Chris Jericho

Jericho mentioned that in his Payback match against Kevin Owens, if he wins he will go to Smackdown. He didn't care because he knew his fans will go with him. He was about to put the interviewer on the list for supposedly not knowing his game but then Elias Samson came by playing his guitar. Jericho stopped putting the interviewer on the list and put Samson on it instead.

Jeff Hardy vs Cesaro

Jeff Hardy defeated Cesaro by pin fall.

Braun Strowman vs Big Show

Strowman super plexed Big Show off the top rope and the ring collapsed. No result was announced so it was likely a no contest.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The show in itself was pretty lame. However, the Big Show vs Braun Strowman match was strong and the result fun enough for this to get a 7.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The problem was: the ending was very predictable, why?

Because the LED ring posts and ring approns weren't there! XD

They should of found a way to rig those props to collapse too without exploding XD

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
6/10

Great: Elias Samson; John Cone's bump

Good: Strowman vs Big Show; Jericho's Promo

Meh: Everything else.

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It was a decent show. 6/10

Things I liked:
- The opening segment with Strowman was fine.

- Joe vs Y2J was solid. I was a bit surprised they booked this match for this week and Joe won clean, because neither man should be losing ahead of Payback, but I guess Y2J losing won't hurt him too much. I would've preferred if both Joe and Y2J had separate matches to give them both some momentum ahead of Payback, but oh well. On a side note, Joe's post-match promo was good.

- Gallows & Anderson vs Enzo & Cass was meh, but the finish itself with Anderson throwing Enzo into the turnbuckles was good.

- The MizTV segment was good. I am all for this feud if the IC title is going to be put back on The Miz again.

- Finn vs Hawkins was an OK squash. I'm glad Finn is cleared and is doing fine.

- Y2J's backstage promo was alright.

- Jeff vs Cesaro was solid. I was a bit surprised there were no shenanigans involved in this match and Jeff won clean, so it was actually a pleasant surprise.

- Strowman vs Show was a good ME. I liked their first match better, tbh, but this one was also a good hoss battle and the ending was cool.

Things I didn't like or skipped:
- Everything else.

Reactions: Snowman1

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Gave it a 6/10 myself. Decent enough show with a nice touch in the end and whether the ring collapse was predictable or not (honestly though, it was as clear as day), it was still a pretty cool visual...Also loved Braun's line earlier in the show while dumping Kalisto (talk about a warm welcome btw) in the trash..."Roman is garbage and so are you"...

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the woman's fatal 4-way (pretty sure the fresh faces had a lot to do with that) and loved the ending with how Alexa seized the opportunity and practically stole one, something that plays greatly with her character.

Furthermore, good stuff from Cesaro and Sheamus and I don't know if any of you picked it up but during this match, there was a point where Matt was chearing for his brother and whether it just slipped from his mouth or he meant to say it, you could clearly hear him yelling "come on Nero". Again, it may have perhaps been a case of him getting caught in the moment but he really did yell it; not that it necessarily means anything (hopefully this legal mess is resolved soon), but thought I'd point it out since no one I heard or read picked this up...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...I have to be brief...cause I'm back in hospital...again...

Now I'm all for the WWE pushing new talent...and Alexa Bliss is awesome...
But...
Isn't it time for Sasha to turn heel and slap Bayley around for a bit?

I'm just saying...they finally seperate Charlotte & Sasha...only for Alexa
to now be "stealing" Sasha's spot...it doesn't seem right to me.

[HASHTAG]#sashadeservesbetter[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So I'm watching raw a night late only because my box didn't record SDLive for some reason. And before I go any further I must say...it really just clicked to me that big cass seems to be getting a nice push, and I'm sure the end road is a match with braun. I really noticed how much of a bitch they book Enzo. The focus in the entrance was on cass while zo looked fuckin crazy and bounced all over. Then cass stood in the ring for a good bit before Enzo hopped up onto the apron, basically out of sight. And cass took on both men no problem then throw Enzo in to get dummied and take the pin.

Honestly now is the time to separate them from the tag division and push cass in singles. They can work it

Oh wow what an ending lmao!

They can work it so he starts taking some singles matches but tells Enzo they are still buddies, so he can stay on as more of his hype man/manager. And then when the time is right put Enzo into the cruiserweights alone as the underdog

Zitzabitz

Jobber
Reaction score
Things I liked:
Braun Strowman vs Big show
Opening with Braun Strowman and Kurt Angle

Things that were Okay:
Jeff Hardy vs Cesaro
Jeff and Matt Hardy interview
TJ perkins vs Gentleman Jack Gallagher
Chris Jericho vs Samoa Joe
Fatal four way

Things that I didn't like:
Curt Hawkins vs Finn Balor
Miz TV with Dean Ambrose
Enzo and Cass vs Luke Gallows and Carl Anderson

I rate this Raw a 6/10

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So I was the generous one and gave it an 8.

I have yet to fully finish it, I skipped to the ME right away to watch that (good match btw) then later on went back and started from the beginning.

I turned it off during Jeff vs cesaro. I like the whole "respect" thing cesaro is taking.

I was thoroughly entertained throughout. With the exception of the cruiserweights. I just can not seem to get behind it fully. I really wanted to in the beginning. I still say making their theme separate from the entire rest of the show is a big mistake, especially this far into it.

They wanted to give it a separate important feel to it. Make it special. But it really didn't work. And the effort to do so probably made people care less than they would have if they kept them with the same colour scheme as the rest of the show.