Rate Raw 3/5/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Pros :

+ Roman Reigns is fighting for the honor, and pride of pro wraslin. He won't stand by and let the Universal title get disrespected, it can't be placed on the floor (even though he carried the midcard titles like a sack of potatoes). March on Roman, defeat the evil tyrant Brock Lesnar, and make wrestling great again.

Cons :

NONE

Overall : Bitch/10

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Certainly not the best show they put together lately, gave it a 4/10:

- Opening segment pretty much confirmed what we already figured was going to happen at Mania so no real surprise there. I felt the setup came off a bit sloppy as in, for instance, Ronda rushing to announce who she'd choose as an opponent (literally right when the drum roll started) but I guess one could call it a minor detail. Oh, and HHH sold the shit out of the Angle lock...

- It's really pathetic how cold the Revival have gone...and that's on WWE...

- While on the subject of the tag team division, I guess the only intriguing thing is who will the Bar face at Mania, being there's really no one left to beat. Do they actually call up a certain team from NXT early, prior to Mania? It ain't really how WWE usually operates but I really can't thinki of anything else nor can I come up with some other team making a suprise return or anything so if that's the case...I'm thinkiing in typical fashion the Bar come out during Wrestlemania, issue an open challenge and whichever team they choose to call up from NXT come out and beat them...

- This whole Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt feud got stale pretty quick but at least they are taking it to the next level so hopefully the best is yet to come...

- Not so sure having what is supposed to be the monster of the woman's division crying on live TV is best for business...Oh, and if that didn't telegraph that it's going to be Bliss vs. Nia Jax at Mania for the RAW Woman's title (therefore Asuka vs. Charlotte), don't know what else will...

- I've said it before, I'll say it again: if WWE think that by having Roman repeatedly use the term "bitch" makes him some tough guy, they should think again cause it aint...

-How funny (and ironic at the same time) is it that the guy who dragged the IC title (and the US title before) like a backpack in junior highschool is calling out Paul Heymann and talking about "respecting" the belt?

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Certainly not the best show they put together lately, gave it a 4/10:

- Opening segment pretty much confirmed what we already figured was going to happen at Mania so no real surprise there. I felt the setup came off a bit sloppy as in, for instance, Ronda rushing to announce who she'd choose as an opponent (literally right when the drum roll started) but I guess one could call it a minor detail. Oh, and HHH sold the shit out of the Angle lock...

- It's really pathetic how cold the Revival have gone...and that's on WWE...

- While on the subject of the tag team division, I guess the only intriguing thing is who will the Bar face at Mania, being there's really no one left to beat. Do they actually call up a certain team from NXT early, prior to Mania? It ain't really how WWE usually operates but I really can't thinki of anything else nor can I come up with some other team making a suprise return or anything so if that's the case...I'm thinkiing in typical fashion the Bar come out during Wrestlemania, issue an open challenge and whichever team they choose to call up from NXT come out and beat them...

- This whole Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt feud got stale pretty quick but at least they are taking it to the next level so hopefully the best is yet to come...

- Not so sure having what is supposed to be the monster of the woman's division crying on live TV is best for business...Oh, and if that didn't telegraph that it's going to be Bliss vs. Nia Jax at Mania for the RAW Woman's title (therefore Asuka vs. Charlotte), don't know what else will...

- I've said it before, I'll say it again: if WWE think that by having Roman repeatedly use the term "bitch" makes him some tough guy, they should think again cause it aint...

-How funny (and ironic at the same time) is it that the guy who dragged the IC title (and the US title before) like a backpack in junior highschool is calling out Paul Heymann and talking about "respecting" the belt?

I am thinking they will leave the tag titles off of mania like they did with the smackdown titles last year.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Opening segment pretty much confirmed what we already figured was going to happen at Mania so no real surprise there. I felt the setup came off a bit sloppy as in, for instance, Ronda rushing to announce who she'd choose as an opponent (literally right when the drum roll started) but I guess one could call it a minor detail. Oh, and HHH sold the shit out of the Angle lock...
I was half expecting the booking to be separate, and not a mixed tag match. But, I guess WWE wants to make the actual match be a spectacle. Why not SPECTACLES, WWE!? *rolleyes*
It's really pathetic how cold the Revival have gone...and that's on WWE...
I dunno what's the big deal or big hoopla around Revival. I saw them a little bit on NXT, but I never really saw anything that makes them so... "groudbreaking." Oh well. *yawn*
This whole Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt feud got stale pretty quick but at least they are taking it to the next level so hopefully the best is yet to come...
I almost said the same thing about Orton vs Wyatt until the House of Horrors match. Let it climax.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: if WWE think that by having Roman repeatedly use the term "bitch" makes him some tough guy, they should think again cause it aint...
Jesus. Just enjoy the show, dude. Be glad that he's allowed to say that. We can't even get SCSA-level shit, so please stop with these comments.

The promo wasn't perfect, but it's what they [WWE] have to work with for right now. Because right now, Brock Lesnar is being a fucking little bitch right now. I like Brock, but this bait and switch thing he's got going on every year before or after Wrestlemania is getting old, and stupid. Might as well give up hiring [Brock] for whatever kind of booking they usually have him. This shit can only go so far, that fans will eventually tire of this bullshit.

If he really wanted a better contract, all he has to do is just ask - no need to play leverage, or blackmail with WWE or UFC. Either you want to be at Wrestlemania or you don't. Either you want to be at UFC, or you don't. You don't want the Universal Championship? Then drop it to someone who does!

I mean, really, it's really that simple. Stop wasting everyone's time, or money. There are fans who would pay good money to be at a Brock Lesnar match, only to find out he's not there...? Vince can keep this up for only so long until someone has the balls to file a lawsuit.

Last edited:

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I am thinking they will leave the tag titles off of mania like they did with the smackdown titles last year.

I would almost agree with you but there's something that we need to consider here and that is Sheamus's injury. The fact of the matter is, his injury is quite serious and my understanding is there's a big possibility this could be his last Wrestlemania before being forced to call it a day. Whether we like him or hate him, it's a really awful situation so if indeed this is a career ending injury, I can't see how the Bar is left off the Wrestlmania card.

Time will tell, I'm sure and, besides, we're less than a month away so won't be that long...

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Jesus. Just enjoy the show, dude. Be glad that he's allowed to say that. We can't even get SCSA-level shit, so please stop with these comments.

First off, I'm with you in regards to the at least semi-foul language but that you can chalk up to the stupid PG ERA; as if no other show uses foul language and as if even younger kids don't swear already. Anyway, too big of a discussion and don't want to go off topic.

Secondly, it ain't about me not enjoying the show and it certainly ain't about me being glad that only a select few have the privelage to use such terms on live TV.

My problem is the way Roman uses the term or, to be more specific, the way they (WWE) script him to do so. In my view, this is just another cheep effort to get Roman over, being that nothing else they've tried over the past three years has worked. How is it that Rollins and Ambrose moved on, changed there gear, got new music and yet Roman kept his same gear and a somewhat spiked version of the same Shield music intro? How is it that Roman gets to call people bitches whenever he/they feel like it? Why can't, for example, Samoe Joe or Braun Strowman or Rusev go out there and start calling people bitches? Oh, that's right, cause these guys are organically over and don't need to do so.

This all comes down to Roman's booking. Let's be clear here, I don't hate the guy and quite frankly, I'm pretty sure nobody hates Roman the person, nor do I think anyone can deny his in ring skills. It's the character and the way he is portrayed/booked that the majority of the fans hate, hence the constant negative reactions he keeps receiving.

As for this whole Brock Lesnar situation, I praised Roman for his promo last week and even called his best yet, however that had to do more with the delivery rather than the context because, once more, what he was scripted to say didn't necessarily make all that much sense. I mean, how can you accuse somebody of showing up on occasion when we are talking about a part timer? That's just Brock's contract and the specific dates already agreed upon so even if I can agree that the Universal Championship should have been (and should be in general) featured a lot more on the show then it has this past year, tough shit for us cause that was the deal made to begin with.

Furthermore, I doubt this is about Brock wanting a better contract. Granted, everyone knows Brock want's to go back to UFC but if I'm Brock Lesnar, why would I burn the bridge with WWE in the event I'd wish to return at any point? Why damage my relationship with WWE, when I know I can always go back and get a heavy (and I mean HEAVY) paycheck for just a few appearances throughout the year? We all know Brock is about the money anyway, right?

This whole storyline is basically a rehash of what we already had with Roman and Cena not so long ago. Almost identical verbeage too, including the "bitch" part. All this is is WWE trying to turn the fans against Brock, so Roman can get cheared when he beats him at Wrestlemania. That's all it comes down to.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I would almost agree with you but there's something that we need to consider here and that is Sheamus's injury. The fact of the matter is, his injury is quite serious and my understanding is there's a big possibility this could be his last Wrestlemania before being forced to call it a day. Whether we like him or hate him, it's a really awful situation so if indeed this is a career ending injury, I can't see how the Bar is left off the Wrestlmania card.

Time will tell, I'm sure and, besides, we're less than a month away so won't be that long...
I had no idea about his injury to be honest and it's a shame because unlike the majority, I like him and I always hate hearing about a career ending injury

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I had no idea about his injury to be honest and it's a shame because unlike the majority, I like him and I always hate hearing about a career ending injury

Yeah, totally sucks....

Apparentlly he's dealing with spinal stenosis, which is the same thing Edge dealt with and led to his retirerment so it ain't really looking that good.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Yeah, totally sucks....

Apparentlly he's dealing with spinal stenosis, which is the same thing Edge dealt with and led to his retirerment so it ain't really looking that good.

Damn always thought of him as a "smart" worker. From what I understand edge mostly got it from pushing his body too much in matches.

It's a shame either way.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
First off, I'm with you in regards to the at least semi-foul language but that you can chalk up to the stupid PG ERA; as if no other show uses foul language and as if even younger kids don't swear already. Anyway, too big of a discussion and don't want to go off topic.
Exactly! *exhales and rubs forehead* Mindboggling, and annoying.
My problem is the way Roman uses the term or, to be more specific, the way they (WWE) script him to do so. In my view, this is just another cheep effort to get Roman over, being that nothing else they've tried over the past three years has worked. How is it that Rollins and Ambrose moved on, changed there gear, got new music and yet Roman kept his same gear and a somewhat spiked version of the same Shield music intro? How is it that Roman gets to call people bitches whenever he/they feel like it? Why can't, for example, Samoe Joe or Braun Strowman or Rusev go out there and start calling people bitches? Oh, that's right, cause these guys are organically over and don't need to do so.
I'm sure that Roman Reigns can get over on his own. He can basically be a Brock Lesnar replacement, if that makes any sense? Brock's push was a bit silent, but over time, it was organically created to build this monster. You don't realize this, but its there. WWE made Brock Lesnar. Not UFC made Brock Lesnar. It's easy to market someone like Brock Lesnar. So easy, that its understandable how Braun Strowman got his organic popularity. If there wasn't Brock Lesnar, the WWE writers or booking team would have a field day with Reigns. But we have Big Show, we have Undertaker, we have Lesnar, we have Lashley, we have Strowman, so, how does WWE promote, market or push Reigns?

Now, it sounds like I am defending Reigns, but I'm not. You gotta understand, Vince McMahon is a fearless marketer. When you're the owner of a promotion like WWE, your job isn't to build a company first - your job is to build stars. They are the ones who sell the merchandise. They are the ones who sell a show. They're the ones who sell the PPV's and raise the buyrates of the PPV events. They are the ones who get people's butts into seats.

John Cena is on his way out, as you can see with his limited appearances. Undertaker just retired. Stone Cold long retired. The Rock? He's an actor now. Every time he does a film, he makes bank every time. And not only that, he's going political. Hogan? Well, Hogan is still around, but he's not going to wrestle.

It's up to WWE to pick ONE guy to be the next John Cena. Bray Wyatt is being pushed, marketed, and booked as a creepier 'Taker. AJ Styles is the new Shawn Michaels. Dolph Ziggler is the new Billy Gunn/Bret Hart. Finn Balor and the Bullet Club is the new nWo. Adam Cole's new Undisputed Era is WWE's plan B if Balor Club doesn't catch fire. Sanity is WWE's version of the whole crazy tag team you find on Impact nowdays. I can go on and on, but the point is, WWE is currently repurposing everyone into the roles that were in the Attitude Era.

The ratings and traffic are both dwindling - and it's not because of booking. It's because WWE is lacking the Stone Colds, the John Cenas, the Undertakers, the Triple Hs, the Kurt Angles, the superstars of tomorrow. We're not there yet. Until then, WWE needs to understand today's market more, and more. It's not one of those overnight things. It takes time.
I mean, how can you accuse somebody of showing up on occasion when we are talking about a part timer? That's just Brock's contract and the specific dates already agreed upon so even if I can agree that the Universal Championship should have been (and should be in general) featured a lot more on the show then it has this past year, tough shit for us cause that was the deal made to begin with.
This actually furthers my point: WWE is re-using storylines from the 90's, only with Brock Lesnar. Problem is, it's a yearly habit. This is a habit that needs to stop. There are ways to use "contracts" as a storyline, and this is a tired storyline. It works for a while, until it gets really old.

This is a storyline that was used to push The Rock back when Stone Cold "left." This is also the same storyline that John Cena used to call out The Rock as a part-timer. Same shit, different writing style. But at the same time, Brock's booking is set this way to repeat every year before or after Wrestlemania to make it seem like Brock is doing a contract with WWE. That's why I disagree with...
This whole storyline is basically a rehash of what we already had with Roman and Cena not so long ago. Almost identical verbeage too, including the "bitch" part. All this is is WWE trying to turn the fans against Brock, so Roman can get cheared when he beats him at Wrestlemania. That's all it comes down to.
...This. I get what you mean, but this is not the "repeat" of. My explanation is better than the one you described. Vince and the writers or the bookers could care less about Reigns being cheered nowdays. They already got him over, it's finished. All they need to do is to make him legend. Make him the caliber of Cena. He's being booed sometimes the same way Cena is currently being booed sometimes.
Furthermore, I doubt this is about Brock wanting a better contract. Granted, everyone knows Brock want's to go back to UFC but if I'm Brock Lesnar, why would I burn the bridge with WWE in the event I'd wish to return at any point? Why damage my relationship with WWE, when I know I can always go back and get a heavy (and I mean HEAVY) paycheck for just a few appearances throughout the year? We all know Brock is about the money anyway, right?
Go on the WWE Network, and start listening to Stone Cold's podcast where he interviews Brock Lesnar. In there, you learn more about how Brock thinks. He could care less about being cheered, he could care less about anything other than a nice paycheck.

He's professional, yes... but I doubt it's about going back to UFC. He just doesn't have another way to get more money. But really, WWE is willing to pay him. Or even pay him more. Because it's Wrestlemania time. WWE needs Brock right now. This is not one of those times he can just walk out, and not give a shit. This is one of those times, where WWE needs Brock, more than Briock needs WWE. Does that make sense? Because right now, the traffic is having a downward momentum.

WWE needs to have a marketing strategy for the next few weeks, and Rousey isn't enough. Brock needs to be there or you can see a lower stat for Wrestlemania.

Reactions: alexb