Rate RAW 3/31/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
5/10

This show really felt like Impact. Very little wrestling and what wrestling it had was meaningful.

Taker and Heyman talk for 10 minutes. Didn't care. Liked Heyman's promo and seeing the F5 was cool.

Bray Wyatt had a promo, yay! Can't take my eyes or ears away from the TV when he talks, no matter what it's about.

Triple H had his 10 minutes of screen time a week that I've banned myself from talking about, Batista came out to insult people, Orton came out to... Alright, it was 35 minutes into the show at this point and there was nothing but talking, with 3 of it interesting me. Raws and Impacts should be more promos than wrestling imo, but this was horrible. Most of this was effective WM build, but it was so flat. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of heels yell at each other.

HOLY SHIT! WRESTLING! AND IT WAS GOOD! This show kinda felt like Impact in a way. While this 8-man tag felt like a waste going in (outside of the obvious "lets create a visual of the preshow match" booking), but it was a great way to spotlight both face teams. The Usos controlled the match which I LOVED. SO refreshing to see them do something besides the incredibly stale tag formula. Then the hot tag made the match feel really hot as usual... and while I don't see why they had to resort to Twin Magic, I felt like it got us talking about the Matadores and giving them a win elevated the profile of the match. Good stuff.

The Wyatt Family killed Team Pacman. Good for them... The Cena visual was really cool, seeing him take out the Wyatts 3 on 1 was not, while his regular promo backstage where he yelled in Renee's face didn't help matters... Geez, I really hope Bray Wyatt mops the floor with this jackass on Sunday. (Mission accomplished!)

AJ Lee vs Naomi was almost a good match, but I'm confused. This feels like they're trying to tell the story of "AJ's getting her comeuppance for tormenting the Divas' Division for the past year, and Vickie Guerrero is leading the charge!"... First off, AJ Lee is a face in my eyes, since the only thing she's actually done as champion is blast Total Divas. (Even if you like the show (understand), you get the point.) while the top face here is Vickie? Get outta here with that! And Rosa looks horrendous as a blonde by the way.

Kane vs Reigns happened... I'm trying to defend this match, but every time I see Kane it becomes impossible. Looks like Roman Reigns has his main-event move loop ready to go. Crayo called it, the IWC love for this guy won't last for long.

ZIGGLER GOT A MIC! :yay: That alone made this Piper's Pit great! THANK YOU. We need Ziggler mic time every week. Same goes for Sandow.

Randy vs Batista had a point going in, with Triple H trying to unleash the beasts inside them both... again, like Impact. Outside of Steph's commentary this was fine, and the ending was your classic Bryan stuff that we've seen a billion times and I can see a billion more. It's not stale at all. Best of all, Bryan came out on top... so does that mean Triple H wins on Sunday?

Reactions: Leo C