Rate Raw 10/24/2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's RAW!

• 0/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/10

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Opening
Jericho comes out and complains that someone stole his list and he wont fight until he finds it. KO comes out and tries to reason with him. Steph comes out and promises to find the list if he'll fight. Rollins comes out with the list and starts reading names off it and then goes away. Everyone leaves the ring to go solve this list thing.

Steph confronts Rollins back stage but he no longer has the list.

Enzo and Cass are interrupted by Anderson and Gallows and have their mics cut but continue their usual intros with an imaginary mic and the help of the crowd.

Enzo Amore def. Karl Anderson

New Day taunts Sheamus ala Game of Thrones "Shame" chant.

Sheamus and Cesaro def. The New Day

Backstage Jericho is still after his list and keeps running into people trying to "help" him.
The Shining Stars try to sell him a Dominican timeshare, Titus O’Neill tries to pitch his brand and Jinder Mahal was doing some meditative breathing.

Dana and Bailey arm wrestle. Dana sucker punches Bayley. Gets Bayley-to-Belly for her trouble.

Backstage Steph tells Jericho to wrestle or be suspended.

Bo Dallas def. Curtis Axel

Backstage Jericho finds the list in the hands of Braun Strowman who makes him say "please" to get it back. Once out of earshot Jericho shouts that Strowman has made the list.

The Golden Truth def. The Shining Stars

Sasha and Charlotte sign HIAC match contract.

Rich Swann def. Brian Kendrick

Seth Rollins def. Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens

Last edited:

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
It's only been a week and crowd is already chanting "Goldberg Sucks"

Survivor Series is gonna be WMXX all over again

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
My favorite part about Raw this week was Curtis Axel....
SAVE_US.SDLIVE

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so...

~ I know I may-be the only person to say this...but Jericho is becoming a 3rd wheel...
Give him someone to fight...let Owens & Rollins tell a story and have a great match.

~ I don't care about "The List" or who is on it!

~ Now I like Enzo & Cass...but The Club really need to be booked stronger than
they have been.

~ I really hope Rusev wins this Sunday.

~ I still think Cesaro is wasted in a tag team with Sheamus. Give him a proper single push!!!

~ Okay...I mean no offense to Dana Brooke...she looks great and has some moves...but
Bayley is being wasted in this pointless feud. This is just sad.

~ Butch DeadLift should have wiped his deformed nose on "The List"

~ So I like Goldust...he's one of my all time favorites...but should the Shining Stars really
be loosing to him and K-Kwik? No...they shouldn't.

~ Okay...now the only part of the show I really cared about...Charlotte & Sasha...face to face...
for a contract signing/promo before the history making Hell in a Cell this Sunday...and of course
Mick Foley has to make it all about him.

Now don't get me wrong...Mick Foley is a true legend and he gave more than most for
professional wrestling...but Mick...this moment isn't about your past and your extra hammy acting.

Its about Charlotte & Sasha making history...so dial it back a bit.

~ Sami Zayn vs. Slab SquatThrust turned out to be a waste of time...

~ Hey Brian...you did get paid to train Eva Marie right?

~ Wow...that Bork Laser segment was...lame, pointless and boring...but at least Bork showed up...that's something.

~ Rollins had win...which is good...hopefully he has a win this Sunday.

Reactions: Solidus1

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I didn't watch Raw, but I rarely do these days. I just watch recaps. From the sound of it... This one was bad. Not even Brock had a decent segment? ehh...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am going with a 6. It might have seemed better to me because I was watching it taped without commercial though.

I liked:

Opening. Jericho was doing soooo good lamenting the loss of his list. He actually looked like he was going to cry.

Enzo vs Anderson was okay. **

New Day vs Sheamus and Cesaro was really entertaining. ***

Curtis Axel put on a very good promo. It was basic but I liked it. It is also good that WWE is finally using the heel potential that Bo Dallas has. I mean, I always liked the "Bo lieve" thing but he's a natural heel and they're finally using him well. Their match was decent too. **1/2

Rick Swann vs Bryan Kendrick was good. I would have preferred Kendrick winning, but oh well. ***

Main event. It was okay... not great but I enjoyed watching it. **

I didn't like:

Dana Brooke and Bayley arm wrestling match. The crowd was pretty right about it being boring.

I fast forwarded past Golden Shower and the Shining Stars... I had no interest in that.

Charlotte and Sasha contract signing. It was just annoying, the back and forth. Bad way to build up a match. Mick's little speeches actually were passionate enough, but it was condescending to the women. It came across like "You're women so this match will be harder on you than it is on men." I found it aggravating.

I didn't like making Strowman look so superior to Zayn.

Brian Kendrick asking TJP to let him win was cringe worthy

Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar segment. So they only came out to get angry and leave. Stupid waste of a Lesnar appearance.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Good gawd....4 out of fucking 10.

The Good:

PTSD Mick Foley

Curtis Axel

Minnesota shitting on Goldberg and RAW in general.

The Bad:

Just about everything else

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
There comes a time when you can’t take certain things anymore, a time where whatever patience you may have runs out, a time where you think to yourself…enough is enough.

Last week I had a fully loaded schedule that practically made it impossible for me to find the time and share any thoughts but given it was a crappy show overall, it didn’t really matter. But just when you thought that shit had hit the fan already, just when you thought that it could not get any worse, fear no more cause this is WWE and the pit is bottomless.

Now, usually I try to keep my composure and keep things serious. Granted, I’ve occasionally used some “dirty” words in the past in order to put a bit more emphasis in what I’m trying to get across but after going through this latest edition of Monday Night Raw…let’s just say that was the final straw:

- To whom it may concern in WWE and in regards to the creative team, executives, owners, bosses, GM’s, commissioners: How many are there? 20? 30? 40? 50? 100?
FUCK YOU to each and every one of you. Fuck you for ruining my Monday nights and fuck you for turning one of the best shows around into a joke. Fuck you for the embarrassment this causes to all us wrestling fans whom are more and more looking like idiots for watching this piece of shit of a show. Has everyone completely lost their mind? Does no one care anymore? Are they tired or just incompetent fools? Are they stupid idiots, as Jericho would put it? Have they burned whatever brain cells they have? How the fuck does anything we’ve been watching make any sense? If so, how about you all take a hike altogether, never come back and bring in some people that are actually fitting for the job cause if this "creative", I'm a fucking genious in quantic science...

- Go home show, one week before a brand exclusive PPV called Hell in a Cell and RAW opens with an…amber alert about the missing list. We all love the list, we all love the gimmick, we all love Y2J but what about the fucking Universal Championship, the supposedly most important thing about the show??? Isn’t the most prestigious belt of the show the one to receive the most attention and focus?

- Since their debut, Anderson and Gallows have been fed to Roman, fed to New Day, have been made to look like a couple of losers and lost every important match they were involved. Oh, and mind you, they were also involved in that “epic” Old Day segment, one of the worst of all time. But wait, NOW all of a sudden, after all the damage is done, they have the balls to come out and tell us that the tag team division is on notice? Get the fuck out of here…

- Great promo from Foley and loved the passion which I’m sure was genuine but shouldn’t this promo been done the day this match was announced or at least the following week? You have 5 fucking weeks and you come out with this promo on the last week before the PPV? How does any of this make any fucking sense? And how fake did both Sasha and Charlotte sound? Idk, both came across very bad in my eyes...

- Ever since she stepped foot on the main roster, I called here a blond bimbo. They say “innocent till proven guilty” but I can’t help but wonder: how much more does this woman have to do in order to take a hike back to NXT? Better yet, why is she even still employed? She can’t talk, she certainly can’t wrestle and though I can think of a couple of things she may be good at, I doubt they are assets useful for RAW or any wrestling promotion for that matter. Speaking of, great job of putting Bailey in this mess and have one of your brightest stars look like a fool in the process.

- Amber Alert #2: Has anyone seen Nya Jax? She was last seen about a month and half ago in some arena wearing black and purple tights. She's not like most girls. If anyone has seen or heard of her, please call the hot line…

- Go home show for HIAC, in which one of your main events is the US Championship, yet neither Roman nor Rusev are on the show. Nah, let’s give them the night off and have them do a pre-taped promo.

- If you’re going to make Bo Dallas look like a badass, at least get rid of the fucking stupid sign…

- So Neville is now a jobber too? And you mean to tell me you have time to give us Golden Truth against the fucking Shining Stars but no time to feature a genuine talent like Neville on TV?

- Does the Cruiserweight division consist of only 3 members???

- Lesnar/Heymann segment: WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?????

- I liked Curtis Axel last night and I am starting to really dig Braun Strowman but unfortunately two little things aren’t enough for a 3 fucking hour show.

My apologies if I may have gotten a bit out of line, especially with the excessive use of the word “fuck”, but for anyone who is a true wrestling fan, I’m sure the feelings are very mutual. We ain’t fucking stupid, for crying out loud…

P.S.: You know you have a serious problem when throughout the night you have the fans constantly chanting “boring” and “we want wrestling" amongst other things...

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I didn't watch Raw, but I rarely do these days. I just watch recaps. From the sound of it... This one was bad. Not even Brock had a decent segment? ehh...

Painful to watch my friend...So fucking painful I would have rather been on a "SAW" movie trying to get out of one of Jigsaw's traps....

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Better yet, why is she even still employed? She can’t talk, she certainly can’t wrestle and though I can think of a couple of things she may be good at, I doubt they are assets useful for RAW or any wrestling promotion for that matter.
May-be back in the Attitude Era...lol

• Haha
Reactions: alexb

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
- If you’re going to make Bo Dallas look like a badass, at least get rid of the fucking stupid sign…

That sign needs to :gtfo:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Very seldom have I tuned out during a Lesnar/Heyman promo, and this shit-show did it to me. Horrible show.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I've gotta say that I actually..... "kinda" liked this show. On Hulu, anyway. Well what I saw of it... lol
I'm very tempted to find a way to set up a private Vimeo channel where I can upload that version of the show on for those who'd like to watch in the mornings.
Especially to appeal to the Foxy one up there and the crazy cat lady...

Anyway I've been way out of the loop with Raw. Been keeping up with Smackdown, but since Clash of Champions underlined just how big of a divide there is with the two shows... that apparently there's been 3 freaking weeks of Emma(lina) return videos and this is the first I'm hearing of them. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN. Maybe that's what those tags were about yesterday. Elephino... but yeah... uhhh, was there even a rest of the show? Can I just say I watched those for 90 minutes? No? :okay:

-Chris Jericho in 2016 is the BEST. Him being a deranged eight year old who is so upset about the list - biggest star on this show, by the way - is so glorious. The light of Jericho can clear the darkest of nights.
But the thing is... Goldberg returned last week, and Seth Rollins called someone sparklecrotch, and people wonder what the difference between then and now is.
The segment put over Jericho well but it left a title match on Sunday with zero heat because the two most important people in the match (Jericho, Hunter) aren't in it
Speaking of such: I'm calling you out. WHERE IS TRIPLE H. Seth Rollins as a face just seems so lame right now, much like Roman, because RIGHT WHEN TRIPLE H GETS HEAT he goes away for a while. Seth turned specifically because Hunter fucked him over, now Hunter's gone and Seth is kinda feuding with Owens but just giving off the same lame dialogue that leaves WWE completely incapable of making babyface stars. Fuck off with that. Hey tool, either get some guys over or stop putting yourself in storylines. Same goes with your wife.

The thing is though, I really enjoyed this show because in the 90 minute Hulu format all his backstage segments had more impact. "You know I've never said anything bad to you Steph in the last 16 years" LMFAO. Dominicans, dummy brands, ole!

-LMAO at Enzo using the mic tattoo!! That was great. And they won, because Harry and Lloyd were on the other side.

-RUSEEEEVVVVVV CRUUUUUSSSSSSSHHHHHHH... I LOVED the Rusev promo. WWE's best babyface went out there and yelled about how the cell is only as dangerous as his opponent and Roman's in there with someone who's seen and heard despicable things in Bulgaria and he has no fear and... Rusev is the best. Everyone else is booty

-I... Honestly can't hate on Sheamus and Cesaro as a tag team. I'm not interested whatsoever in them right now as the odd couple, but if they pull the trigger (and I've seen enough WWE to know they won't pull shit) and take them in a different direction, either as a growing-more-cohesive unit or match 10 of the Best of 7 series, I'd be down for that. New Day jobs to a team that doesn't get along because these assholes don't know what they're doing.

-Gosh this contract signing was so weird. I LOVED Foley's part... more on that in a second... and his psychotic old man rambling was part of the best parts of this show. Still it does upset me to see Sasha and Charlotte just no-sell the dangers of the cage because HISTORY. NXT worked specifically because they didn't do this shit. The girls went out there and put on kick-ass matches and the commentators just called them, then they added more and more story elements and the fans just grew to take it all seriously. And all the epic matches they've had on that brand didn't start with "Hey Bayley and Sasha are going to have this epic encounter, gotta buy the Network to witness the epicness of this epic battle of..." ugggggghhhhh

-Speaking of such... Roman's promo almost killed it for me. Shocking.... But it's not his fault this time. It was the line about how "I know what it's like inside Hell in a Cell. I know what it's like to have your face hit that steel. I know what it's like for the cell to come down around you, breathing..." And it really did hit me that with this, Mick Foley spazzing out, and Kevin Owens's amazing spiel about how he's going to disembowl Seth Rollins so much that he kills the excitement of potential wrestling fans for generations to come... All these were good to incredible promos. All these guys deserve credit, and WWE did a great job hard-selling us on the dangers of the cell, but... it's 2016. Since 2010 I think, we've had the annual Hell in a Cell PPV, and Roman was right - the only real added danger is getting your face smashed into a cell. (Which does suck.) This HORRIBLE UNFORGIVING BREATHING STRUCTURE OF DOOOOOOM is really not that big of a deal, and anyone buying something expecting danger is bound to be disappointed. I miss Goldberg.

-While ranting so much about characters not caring and nobody understanding how wrestling works and whatnot... I've gotta call one more person out. Sami Zayn. Thank you, Mr. Zayn, for coming out and being scared of Strowman, yet still getting that impressive flurry of offense in before Strowman smashed you in... But Zayn looked tough, Strowman actually got some heel heat on this show (!!!!!!!) and I'm looking forward to the rematch on Sunday! From a critical standpoint, A+++ here.

But I turned the show off after this, because the thought of Brock Lesnar appearing on Raw usually means "the same Paul Heyman promo I've heard for years now"... and I already saw the main event they were building to all night when Jericho found his stupid list. HELL IN A CELL

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The go-home show for HIAC was poor. 4/10

Y2J was damn perfect and the highlight of the show once again.

KO cut a good promo on Rollins.

Rusev's promo was good!

Cesaro & Sheamus vs The New Day was good. I'm not a fan of them doing this match prior to the PPV, but, it was really fun.

Axel's promo was good.

Brian Kendrick's acting ruled. Damn, that backstage segment with TJP was good. Also, his match against Swann was solid, but he should've won in order to keep his momentum going. Oh, well.

Zayn/Strowman stuff was good.

Loved the Powerbomb on the apron on Rollins post-match.

Everything else sucked.