Rate Raw 1/28/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Raw and leave comments what you thought of the show.

Opening

The show began with Seth Rollins talking about his Rumble win with HHH. Dean Ambrose interrupted and mocked HHH until he made a match.

Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose

Rollins won by pin fall

After the commercial, Ambrose was in the ring talking to the crowd. He was interrupted by Nia Jax and Tamina. Ambrose and Nia got into a shouting match and Nia hit him once. He was separated and left.

Nia Jax and Tamina vs Alexa Bliss and Mickie James Elimination Chamber Qualifier.

Jax and Tamina won by pin fall to win a spot in the chamber.

Kurt Angle vs Baron Corbin

Corbin won by pin fall

Finn Balor

Balor was talking about losing to Brock Lesnar and was interrupted by Bobby Lashley who didn't think Balor deserved the match to begin with. Bobby attacked Balor.

The Revival vs Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins

Revival won by pin fall

Elias

Elias was in the ring and was interrupted by Jeff Jarrett who brought the Road Dogg with him. They sang a song and then got into the ring. Jarrett beat the hell out of Elias but Elias got Jarrett with the El Kabong.

WWE Women's Tag Team Titles Elimination ChamberQualifying Match: Natalya and Dana Brooke vs. Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan

Morgan and Logan won by pin fall

Raw Women's Championship

Ronda Rousey was talking in the ring when she was interrupted by Becky. Becky chose Ronda and the two bickered.

Raw Women's Championship: Champion Ronda Rousey vs Bayley

Ronda won by submission

Braun Strowman vs Drew Mcintyre

Corbin interfered and Strowman won by DQ. Strowman beat the hell out of both men until McIntyre hit him with a claymore. They double teamed Braun and left him on the floor.

Closing

Heyman introduces himself and Lesnar. Heyman says this should be the easiest decision of Rollins' life. Heyman says Rollins has one option here - WWE Champion Daniel Bryan. Heyman says this is for Rollins' own good. Heyman goes on and says the last thing Rollins wants to do is get in a fight with The Beast. The music interrupts Heyman's rant and out comes Rollins.

Rollins get right in Lesnar's face but Lesnar just laughs at him. Rollins attacks first and goes to work on Lesnar but Lesnar catches him mid-move, the Stomp, and drops him with a big F5. Lesnar with a second F5 in the middle of the ring. Lesnar scoops Rollins for a third F5 as Heyman and referees look on from ringside. Lesnar hits a fourth F5 in the middle of the ring.

Lesnar takes the title and lays it out in front of Rollins' face. Lesnar drops Rollins on top of the title with another F5. Lesnar raises the title in the air to a mixed reaction. Rollins yells at Lesnar and asks if that's all he's got. Lesnar stops and charges with a knee. Lesnar with a sixth F5 in the middle of the ring

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Raw was more than solid tonight. Every match made sense. All the feuds are lined up nice. But boy did Ronda fumble under pressure! She was a deer in headlights. They had to rush Bayley out to save her. That crowd was eating her alive. They better cut the crap and make her turn heel and not have her cut these babyface promos anymore or she is doomed.

Reactions: Snowman1

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Another RAW that dragged.. These female tag matches all the time will drive me crazy.. Ronda is getting annoying, even the ending was very uncreative and lazy.. None of the feuds are interesting.. I can't watch this company for much longer, each week I care less and less about the show. 2/10

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Alls I will say is I'm glad WWE are making the right decisions in regards to the two of the major programmes heading into Wrestlemania.

The monster pop Becky got last night, the electricity in the air when facing off with Ronda, WWE would be out of their minds not to have this be one on one and I feel that last night pretty much sealed the deal. There's just no room for Charlotte in this one so as far as I am concerned, any conversation for a possible triple threat at Mania just went out the window....

As for Rollins, it was always going to be Brock so though Rollins didn't "technically" choose anyone, the angle they did last night pretty much told us all what we already knew...

Reactions: Chaz-1 and Snowman1

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Alls I will say is I'm glad WWE are making the right decisions in regards to the two of the major programmes heading into Wrestlemania.

The monster pop Becky got last night, the electricity in the air when facing off with Ronda, WWE would be out of their minds not to have this be one on one and I feel that last night pretty much sealed the deal. There's just no room for Charlotte in this one so as far as I am concerned, any conversation for a possible triple threat at Mania just went out the window....

As for Rollins, it was always going to be Brock so though Rollins didn't "technically" choose anyone, the angle they did last night pretty much told us all what we already knew...

No room for Charlotte?.. She's carried that women's division since 2015 while Becky sat on her ass doing nothing at all.

100% WWE won't leave Charlotte out of this. It will be a triple threat, as it should be.p Don't you worry.

Sorry, but that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a wrestling fan say.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
No room for Charlotte?.. She's carried that women's division since 2015 while Becky sat on her ass doing nothing at all.

100% WWE won't leave Charlotte out of this. It will be a triple threat, as it should be.p Don't you worry.

Sorry, but that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a wrestling fan say.

I would say WWE will surely bring Charlotte on board. I think that since Becky kind of just walked out and stole Lanas spot that there will be a dispute about that and give Charlotte an opportunity to qualify for the match. Not too mention they are probably going to need Charlotte. Ronda proved that she is about as green as grass when it comes to handling crowd pressure on the mic and Charlotte will be able to play that heel role that WWE wants.

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho

if thats one of the dumbest things you have ever head a wrestling fan say you haven't heard many wrestling fans huh?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Sorry but you can't shit on Ronda character and how she is a dear in the headlights then straight after say Charlotte should main event Wrestlemania lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Saw one thought elsewhere online: was Dean just about to give his own pipe bomb when Nia was sent out early?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I think it would have been better if Seth got the upper hand on Lesnar for their first interaction, to establish that this is a different type of challenger who doesn't necessarily have to be seen as the underdog. But this is just the beginning of their 2 month feud so maybe they're saving that moment for another episode of Raw or their Mania match altogether

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

There is no doubt Charlotte has been a major contributor to the women's division - no argument there whatsoever - however I would have to disagree on the second part regarding Becky. I feel that was more so a matter of bad or poor booking on WWE's behalf rather than Becky sitting on her (fine, might I add) ass.

In regards to Mania, I personally insist it should be Becky versus Ronda one on one, only for the simple fact this feud has become personal. It has gone way beyond just a championship match and I am quite confident the build will be up to par leading to the epic showdown at the grandest stage. Would it be equally a good with Charlotte inserted? From a wrestling standpoint sure, however in my humble opinion there's a greater overall mystique in leaving this one on one, not to mention the visual of Ronda eventually tapping out to Becky.

Taking it a step further, and since Charlotte should indeed be on the main card of Wrestlemania, I'd have her win the Smackdown Woman's championship. Granted, if it comes down to her and Asuka again (should she still be champion by then), though we'd be in for a treat, it would surely suck for Asuka to lose on back to back Mania's but there's greater story, a bigger picture if you will, that basically forces me to go this route. What would that be, you might ask?

Considering we will also have woman's tag team straps, I feel that Sasha Banks and Bailey either become the "first ever" (the quotes for obvious reasons cause technically it's been done already) woman's tag team champions or they win the gold at Wrestlemania....

So picture this....Becky beats Ronda, becomes RAW Woman's champion...and then Charlotte, the SD woman's champion comes out to congratulate her....and then Sasha and Bailey, your tag chamos, also come out to congratulate her...and you have the visual of the four horsewomen standing tall to close the show, all of them holding gold...

Just a thought and though perhaps "out there", keep in mind they've been teasing it, latest example being Sasha doing the "4" sign at the Rumble post match with Ronda...

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
Whilst Charlotte has been at the forefront of the woman's revolution, I agree that there is no need for her to be added to what must be the mania main event between Becky and Ronda! In my opinion the main event is better when its a one on one bout as opposed to a triple threat.