Rate Raw 03/28/2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw /10

• Total voters

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Results!

The Undertaker kicked off this week's show, just days ahead of a showdown with Shane McMahon inside Hell in a Cell.

Undertaker cut a brief promo about the match before McMahon interrupted to a big ovation. The competitors hurled insults at one another, including one from Shane-O-Mac insinuating Undertaker's legacy ended two years ago when he lost to Brock Lesnar.

A fight ensued, leading to McMahon blasting The Phenom with a television monitor and delivering his trademark elbow drop from the top rope through the announce table at ringside.

McMahon ended the segment by pointing at the WrestleMania sign, as per the norm at this time of the year.

Zack Ryder defeated Chris Jericho :woo:

Charlotte defeated Becky Lynch

Kane & Big Show vs Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel ended in a no contest

WWE world heavyweight champion Triple H and wife Stephanie McMahon made their entrance to the arena—the first hints of hype for this Sunday's highest-profile match.

Triple H put over the WWE title's history and importance to the entire locker room before shifting focus to himself.

The Game blamed Roman Reigns for everything that will happen to him this Sunday, claiming The Big Dog awakened a fire in him that had laid dormant this past December at the TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view.

He vowed to end Reigns' dreams and continue his run at the top of the industry, while Stephanie suggested nothing else on the card but the WWE title match means anything.

Reigns made his way to the ring, endured a few boots but landed several hard rights to send the champion scurrying.

The challenger in this Sunday's match stood tall to close out the segment.

Kofi Kingston defeated Alberto Del Rio

Kalisto defeated Konnor

Paul Heyman did his best sell-job for Sundays Street Fight between Brock Lesnar and Dean Ambrose, putting his client over as a once-in-a-lifetime athlete who destroy Ambrose Sunday night. Just as he told us two years ago when Lesnar beat Undertaker, he guarantees he will demolish his opponent.

Ambrose interrupted, wheeling a wagon to ringside. He retrieved weapons from under and around the ring, including the barbed wire baseball bat and chainsaw Terry Funk and Mick Foley gave to him, as well as other odds and ends, before returning up the ramp as Lesnar and Heyman watched on from the ring.

Emma defeated Paige

Sami Zayn, Sin Cara & Dolph Ziggler defeated Kevin Owens, Stardust & The Miz

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon made their way to the ring for the second time Monday night and picked up right where they left off, yapping at the audience until Roman Reigns' theme music exploded over the PA system and the fans in Brooklyn reacted with apathy.

A brawl ensued, The League of Nations got involved, and suddenly, the key players from Sunday's midcard matches appeared. Everyone fought, while Triple H retreated, with his title held high as a frustrated Reigns stood tall.

ARE YOU EXCITED YET!?

Reactions: Red Rain

King B

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Wasn't the worst Raw, but Eva Marie gives it -7/10

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, we've certainly seen a lot worse but for a go home show, THE final show before Wrestlemania, by the end I felt it still lacked excitement and the best I can give it is a 5/10.

Perhaps this dissapointment at the end of the show has to do with the fact that it opened so brightly with the Taker/Shane promo cause after that, I don't think anything else topped it. Nothing new really, no major announcements regarding any of the matches on the card and that includes Y2J vs AJ being made official because we all knew it was going to happen anyhow. No word on the Rock and his role either (not even a tease), same for Austin and/or HBK but for whatever reason we had to see the Authority go through two promos, a ridiculous "buildup" of the Memorial Battle Royal that WWE themselves have made us not give a shit about, an indifferent staredown between Kallisto and Ryback (eeww, so excited) and a 6 man tag between the IC contenders that to me meant nothing...

Anyway, some time later today or tomorrow I'll post my final thoughts and predictions for Mania now that the card is completed and since Smackdown, uh, well, doesn't matter....

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Couldn't Shane revoke Taker's retirement once he's 'in charge'? Could've swung it around, saying that you don't have to fight Vince's battles. Help me help them, I dunno. Something to keep them both on good grounds, and make it more believable that Shane can win. I mean Taker literally looked like he was beating someone from the crowd up. Until the elbow drop that is. Speaking of, Shane took at least 80% of the pain. He may be old, but he sure gets into it.

And why waste a Brock appearance if he isn't gonna fight? Could've just had Heyman if all they wanted was to show Dean picking up weapons he already had. Closest thing we got to an Easter egg hunt on RAW, can Ambrose find his weapons the Easter Bunny hid from him!?

Kane and Show as a team again? Was fine the first time around, the third just seems like they needed a partner for Bingo night. At least it's for the ATGMBR. Not like it'd be much of a downgrade from The New Day's current WM challengers, though.

Nothing much else of note, but is there a MITB before WM? Or how about winner of Aries/Corbin gets thrown into the ME? Corbin would draw the heat of Roman, so there's a plus! I don't mind Roman, but he doesn't deserve the reaction he's gonba get when he wins. UNLESS, they take a page from Lucha Underground. Just like Vampiro/Pentagon, Roman wins and embraces The Authority. Because them making a nonsensical heel turn would still be better over him closing as a face.

Reactions: Snowman1

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Or Rocky runs down post match, and they try to do a repeat of the 2015 Rumble. Except Rock hits him with a Rock Bottom. YOU AIN'T MY FAMILY YOU ROODY POO JACKASS, I'M THE GREAT ONE! IF YOU SMELLALALALOOWW... WHAT THE ROCK, IS COOKING! *Cue Hollywood Rock theme*
Crowd gets sent home hapoy and we get Roman vs Rock at Payback.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Couldn't Shane revoke Taker's retirement once he's 'in charge'?

As far as I know Shane gets control of Raw only so I don't think so. Vince would still run the company but Shane would get Raw (no idea why Vince wouldn't just fire Shane from that position as he'd still run the company though) Seriously am I being an idiot or does this story make 0 sense?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The tradition continues! This year's go-home show was poor, just like last year's. Can't say I expected any better at this point. 3/10

I mean, the first hour was largely okay, especially that Taker/Shane-O Mac segment, but everything else was booooring.

Obligatory plug: Lucha Underground, Wednesdays at 8 PM on El Rey Network. Also, NXT TakeOver: Dallas this Friday at 10 PM ET/7 PM PT.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Lol, Hulu rating was about a 5/10. As you all said it did taper off a lot.

Shane and Taker had a pretty sweet segment. They got away from the stupid, unsalvageable writing and got to the real selling point of this, Shane doing a crazy stupid jump. This was awesome! And the promos were perfectly fine!

Ryder vs Jericho = LOL. Ryder on Raw! Thank you SO MUCH for establishing that AJ Styles doesn't have a single digit IQ like last week, and Ryder at least is better than Fandango. This is progress for Raw in 2016 lol

It looked like Charlotte vs Becky was edited for time - it wasn't, and I wish this went longer (gotta pay for that?) Good stuff. And dammit why are we still focusing on Ric Flair! That's the worst thing this match needs! Go away old man! And no Nikki in this feud? Morons!

I just tuned out the Authority promos. It's an instinctive reaction. But this brawling was SO LAME. Holy shit, a couple of punches and Triple H bails, one wall shot, and that at the end? Geeeez. Maybe this felt like mayhem if this was the first wrestling show you ever watched, so... That's what Mania is for, I guess. This sucked. And teasing Roman beating the shit out of Stephanie? Why? Why is Steph still on TV!? Go away! (EDIT: apparently I missed the dive at the end. That was awesome. :) )

LOL at Coach's dancing! There's a disaster! :yay: And Big E acting like Supa Hot Fire saved this promo on its own. Between this and La Cucaracha, New Day's antics really worked! Also a whole crowd of mostly 20-something males chanting Booty-Os will never get old!

Heyman had a promo, and I just didn't care. I'd say there was too much talking here, but this wrestling for the sake of wrestling really struck a nerve this week. Kofi vs ADR was aight thanks to enough outside antics, but until the end that 6-man tag was painful. 90 minutes is 30 minutes too long for a wrestling show lol

Dean Ambrose and Stick Rowan (not fixing that autocorrect) for Smackdown. Don't miss it!

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I gave it a 2... Honestly so bored but I think it was elevated to a 2 by a decent chat.

Fortunately there's a lot of wrestling on this week so I'm not too wrapped up in the show. If Mania sucks, oh well. It's still Wrestlemania.

I'm trying to type an interesting post but the enthusiasm for the show was just not there.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I gave it a 2... Honestly so bored but I think it was elevated to a 2 by a decent chat.

Fortunately there's a lot of wrestling on this week so I'm not too wrapped up in the show. If Mania sucks, oh well. It's still Wrestlemania.

I'm trying to type an interesting post but the enthusiasm for the show was just not there.

at+least+you+tried.png

Reactions: Red Rain

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Red Menace (Thanks NYD ladies) is back and that made everything terrible.
The Shane and Taker segment was great though.