Rate Raw 02/20/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 6/10

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Raw and leave some comments as to what you think of the show.

Opening

After a recap of the Festival of Friendship, the show opened with Kevin Owens in the ring. He mentioned that now that the focus was solely on him, he can address Goldberg. He said that Goldberg never impressed him and that he was going to retain his title for one simple reason. He didn't have to beat Goldberg, he just had to outlast him. He then said that Goldberg's reason for coming back was to be a Super Hero for his family but at Fast Lane, KO was going to show him that super heroes don't exist. He then told Goldberg he was wasting his time and that Goldberg was nothing.

KO then addressed Chris Jericho. He just dropped the microphone and left.

Sheamus and Cesaro vs Enzo and Cass

Enzo and Cass defeated Sheamus and Cesaro by pin fall.

Backstage

After the match, Mick Foley put KO in a match with Sami Zayn and there was some heat between the two.h

After the break, Roman Reigns was talking to Mick Foley when Gallows and Anderson came up and there was some animosity between them and Roman. Foley told Roman if he could find a tag partner, he'd give them a match tonight.

Brian Kendrick vs Akira Takazawa

Match never started as Kendrick attacked Takazawa and left.

Handicap Match: Roman Reigns vs Gallows and Anderson

Roman Reigns won by DQ

Jinder Mahal and Rusev vs The New Day

The New Day defeated Mahal and Rusev

Cruiserweight Contract Signing

Neville made fun of Jack Gallager for being a "caricature" and not real. Gallager insisted he was real. Neville threw the table to the side and the two brawled, with Gallager coming out on top.

Nia Jax vs Jobber

Nia squashed another jobber. She was then interviewed about the controversy involving the title match from last week. Nia only seemed to care about her getting a title shot. She then put the women's division on notice.

Bayley Championship Promo

Charlotte demanded Bayley forfeit the title to her because Sasha interfered in the match the previous week. Bayley hadn't known that Sasha interfered. After talking about how much she loved wrestling, she seemed to indicate she would not give up the title.

Then Stephanie McMahon came to the ring. She implied that Bayley shouldn't be happy with the victory because it was tainted. Bayley looked upset but Stephanie said she was not trying to upset Bayley because her and her daughters look up to Bayley for her moral character. Stephanie implied that Bayley would be throwing all of that away for holding a championship she didn't earn and urged her to "do the right thing" and relinquish the belt.

Bayley seemed like she was going to give the belt up when Stephanie insisted that Bayley should win it for the right reasons. Sasha Banks then came to the ring and Stephanie tried to make it seem like Sasha was only helping because she didn't think Bayley needed her help to win. Sasha told Bayley not to listen to the garbage. Bayley then said that Stephanie was right and the title was bigger than all of them. She said she didn't work to be a champion to just have the belt handed to her. She said the title should represent positive things and not controversy. Then, implying she was about to give it up, Bayley said "Hell no!" She then said she won the belt because of the people and not because of Sasha. She then said she would defend the title anywhere, any place and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Charlotte then came to the stage. Charlotte said she didn't want Bayley to give up the title anyway because she wanted to win it at Fast Lane and she was invoking her rematch clause. Sasha interrupted Charlotte and challenged her to a match tonight. Charlotte accepted and threatened to put Sasha in a wheelchair.

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte Flair

During the match, Dana Brooke tried to interfere but Bayley stopped her. Sasha defeated Charlotte by tap out.

Hall of Fame

Diamond Dallas Page was announced as the next HOF entrant.

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens

Samoa Joe attacked Sami Zayn on the way to the ring. KO quickly squashed Zayn for the pin fall.

Backstage

Stephanie was accusing Foley of insubordination and Foley told her not to call him stupid. He said that he was committing career suicide by taking action against Samoa Joe and he was going to do what he had to.

Braun Strowman vs Big Show

Braun Strowman defeated Big Show by pinfall and then was attacked by Roman Reigns. Strowman however put Reigns down before leaving the ring.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
6/10. Good start and surprisingly alright main event, with some highlights near the end of the show but some meh stuff throughout, bring it down.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
6/10

It was just slightly above average because of KO's opening promo and squash match and Heyman.. there were a few other ok spots and the Big Show vs Braun Strowman match was actually very entertaining.

Everything else was average at best.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ Okay RAW...let me have a look...

~ R.I.P George "the Animal" Steele...

~ I will be very surprised (and extremely happy) if KO walks out of Fastlane the Universal Champion.
I know what you can do KO...wear a steel plate like your fellow Canadian Bret Hart did back in the day.

Just watch out if Goldberg goes for a mule kick...

~ I cared about Enzo & Cass once...then Enzo tried to fuck a married woman and now I don't care...

~ I don't want to see Mick Foley on RAW anymore...

~ I'm still pissed that Bayley won the title before Wrestlemania...and I honestly can't stand her face, her
voice or her stupid fucking finisher. I hope Sasha turns on her tonight with a crutch shot to the head.

~ I don't care about the Cruiserweights...Lucha Underground is better than this watered down bullshit!

~ Let's continue to feed the tag team champions to Roman Reigns...great booking WWE...well done.

~ I don't care about the New Day...and apparently they are hosting Wrestlemania 33...and I still don't care...

~ Rusev deserves better...

~ I don't care about the Cruiserweights...cancel 205 Live, divide them up 70/30 and split them between
RAW and SmackDown and let them compete against the "main" roster.

~ Nia Jax in another squash match...I don't care anymore...

~ I hope Charlotte destroys Bayley at Fastlane...and well look at that...another Charlotte vs. Sasha match...
like we haven't seen that 100 times before...and what's the bet because the match is on RAW Charlotte will lose...

*Watches Match*

And Sasha gets the win with the bank statement...what a shock...

RAW...your booking is making all the women on RAW look weak and pathetic...its just the same repetitive cycle of
everyone defeating everyone...and because of that no one comes out looking any better or stronger because of it.

FUCK YOU!!!

~ It is cool that DDP is going in the Hall of Fame...Nice work on that WWE.

~ Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens for the 1000th time...and I refuse to care anymore...

~ Okay...so can Samoa Joe actually wrestle a match instead of just showing up and attacking people? I mean there
are plenty of lower card guys you could feed to him to start building him up...why not have him defeat all 3 New Day
members in one night in 3 matches? You know...give him an undefeated streak or something? Just saying...

~ R.I.P Ivan Koloff...

~ I'm sick of Mick Foley...fire him already!

~ Great...Lesnar & Heyman...SKIP!!!

~ Braun Strowman has been the only positive element on RAW since the brand split and I pray to God in Heaven that
Braun gets the win at Fastlane.

No Evil Emma, Rusev being wasted, Gallows & Anderson being fed to Reigns, another Charlotte/Sasha match,
another Nia Jax squash...

I want to be positive...but Strowman is the only interesting thing about this show...
I absolutely adore Charlotte & Sasha...but the repetitive booking is killing my desire to watch them perform...

Fuck it...I'm going to go watch some Season 1 of Lucha Underground...at least its interesting...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It was a decent show. 6/10

Positives:
- The opening segment with KO was good, he cut a good promo and it felt like the reboot of his character. Here's to hoping he somehow miraculously retains at Fastlane.

- Enzo & Cass vs Cesaro & Sheamus was OK. I haven't been feeling Enzo & Cass for a while now, I've sort of cooled on them, but them defeating Cesaro & Sheamus freshen things up in the tag divsion, which isn't a bad thing. Also, loved Sheamus Brogue Kicking Enzo's head off post-match.

- The "I thought you liked Sami?" line by KO was great.

- Tozawa/Kendrick was a solid angle to advance the feud. Kendrick cut a solid promo post-match, too.

- Neville/Gallagher segment was OK.

- Joe's beatdown on Sami, followed by KO destroying Sami was great. I also dig the fact that they've been teasing KO and Joe as a possible stable.

- Heyman/Lesnar segment was OK. Alright, this segment confirmed Lesnar WON'T be interefering in KO/Goldberg at Fastlane, because as much as most of us would love to see KO retain, it just wouldn't make sense for Lesnar to interfere and cost Goldberg (and himself) the title match. Because if/when Goldberg defeats KO, it would just be another thing for Lesnar to conquer at Mania.

- Strowman vs Show was an entertaining ME. Holy crap, Strowman's so athletic for a guy his size. Impressive. And he's been slowly improving which is a good sign. The post-match stuff with Reigns and Strowman was alright.

Negatives:
- Why did they feed Gallows & Anderson to Reigns again? And why's Reigns booked in handicap matches in the first place? Like, I get it, he needs to look strong ahead of his match with Strowman, but you don't have to hurt your tag team champions in the process. I mean, not like they matter much, but still. And they used to be Roman's punching bags in the feud with Styles last year, so there was no need for repeat here.

- The New Day/Rusev/Jinder stuff was meh. New Day hosting WM is fine, but it just goes to show that creative's had absolutely nothing substantial for them to do since they dropped the titles. Oh, well.