Rate Raw 02/06/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of RAW

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Raw in our poll and let us know what you think about the show by leaving a post

Opening

After showing a Seth Rollins/HHH recap from last week, the show opened with Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon in the ring. Foley introduced Samoa Joe as the hottest free agent signing, but made it a point that Stephanie wanted him to say that and he disagreed. Joe then came out to the ring. Stephanie put more enthusiasm into the introduction and questioned Foley when he didn't seem excited about it. She then accused Foley of not doing his job so she had to do it for him. Foley made it clear that he was a fan of Joe's but didn't appreciate how he got his contract or the people he was associated with... implying Stephanie and HHH.

Joe took the microphone and said that it took 18 years for him to get to Raw. He said that Foley never gave him an opportunity but HHH did and that Joe owes him. He then said he put the whole locker room on notice, that he will beat down everyone's heroes because he is the destroyer and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Joe then signed the contract.

Roman Reigns then came out. He said that Joe was making a lot of threats, so Joe should try and threaten him. Foley said his loyalty was to everyone in the building and he is still the GM, so he still makes the matches. He put Joe vs Reigns as a match tonight.

Nia Jax vs Bayley

Charlotte interfered in the match, which distracted Bayley and gave Nia Jax the pin fall victory.

Braun Strowman vs Four Jobbers

Braun Strowman defeated all four jobbers. One of them ran away during the match. After the match, Strowman was angry that Foley didn't give him competition and then went to find Foley. He found Foley and Foley put him in a match against Roman Reigns at FastLane.

Akira Tozawa vs Drew Gulak

Tozawa defeated Gulak by pin fall.

Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho Promo

KO bragged how he retained his title against Strowman. Jericho put Tom Brady on the list. He then suggested a title vs title match against KO for the main event at WrestleMania. KO said he couldn't fight his best friend and then suddenly, Goldberg's music hit and he made the long trek to the ring.

Goldberg gave KO and Jericho two choices 1. To leave or 2. Grow a pair and take him on two on one. KO and Jericho backed off. Goldberg then answered Heyman's challenge to Goldberg at WrestleMania. Goldberg accepted.

KO then told Goldberg accepting Lesnar's challenge was a good thing because it would be a perfect undercard match for WrestleMania. He then said KO vs Jericho was the main event. KO asked Goldberg if he knew why KO was the longest reigning Universal champion of all time. Goldberg answered that it was because KO never faced him. He then challenged KO for the belt at Fastlane. Jericho then threatened to put Goldberg on the list for making his own matches. Goldberg took the list, wrote his own name on it and announced that Goldberg just made the list.

Jericho told Goldberg he had a big fat mouth and that Jericho never liked him. Jericho then guaranteed Goldberg a match at FastLane, and it would be with KO. Goldberg then left.

Throughout the show, it seemed like KO and Jericho were at odds due to Jericho making the Goldberg match. KO eventually said the reason he will beat Goldberg is because Jericho has his back, much like KO has his back tonight against Sami Zayn.

Raw Tag Team Championship Match: Champions Anderson and Gallows vs Cesaro and Sheamus

Anderson and Gallows won by DQ when Big Cass attacked Gallows

New Day vs Shining Stars

The New Day defeated the Shining Stars by pin fall.

US Championship Match: Champion Chris Jericho vs Sami Zayn

KO kicked Zayn in the face and Jericho pinned him to retain the US Championship.

Austin Aries interviews Neville

Aries interviewed Neville about a match coming the following day on 205 against five cruiserweight contenders. All five of them came out in succession to interrupt until a brawl broke out.

Jack Gallager, TJ Perkins and Cedric Alexander vs Noam Dar, Tony Niese and Neville

TJ Perkins pinned Dar to give his team the win.

Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe

Joe attacked Reigns before the match and beat him down pretty severely.

Braun Strowman distracted Roman Reigns and Samoa Joe defeated him by pin fall. Braun then attacked Roman after the match.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Not a bad show, but not a great show. This show had it's moments. I think the moment of the show goes to Chris Jericho and Goldberg, however. Goldberg taking the list from Jericho and writing his own name down was pretty awesome. Jericho giving Goldberg a Universal title match against KO at Fast Lane was better.

Other than that, I really enjoyed Braun Strowman no selling the Superman punch. It's funny. By trying to push Reigns by making Strowman a monster heel, they are only succeeding at putting Strowman over. Love it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Did I read correctly that there were four distraction finishes on this show??? They're listening to me! Said I wanted more Russo! :yay:

I guess it's a lot easier to bitch (notice, even) when you aren't watching and just get notices of big matches via the WWE App and all of them end in interference

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...let me have a look...

*Checks for Emma(lina)*

So...you say she'll be here next week...

Well...I would get excited...but you have
burned me before...so...

62435271.jpg

But I do have some notes...so I'll post them...
~ Okay...so Samoa Joe looks totally pimp in a suit...
~ Of course Roman Reigns had to come out during Joe's moment...Fuck Off Roman!!! I wish you had the injured knee...
~ Is Cesaro married? Could we build a romantic angle with him and Bayley? You know...develop Bayley's character...
~ And the cycle of only 4 women on RAW continues...Nia defeats Bayley Thanks to Charlotte...I'm over caring...
~ Also...how long can they keep Nia away from the title?
~ I will admit...if Emma(lina) does premiere during the Royal Rumble rematch next week...I will stop being nasty to you RAW...
~ Isn't Strowman past these squash matches?
~ Strowman vs. Reigns at Fastlane...Awesome...I hope Strowman beats the living piss out of him and Taker costs
Roman the match.
~ Its a real shame Owens & Jericho are booked as heels...seeing as they are so likeable...
~ Oh God...the WWE are going to put the Universal title on Goldberg and then Lesnar...and now I want to push
a knife up my nose and into my brain...PART TIMERS ARE A CANCER THAT IS KILLING THE WWE!!!
~ So...Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Enzo & Cass? What?
~ WWE...please break up the New Day and set Big E free...
~ Okay...so I'm guessing that it will (eventually) be Owens vs. Jericho for the US Title & that piece of paper everyone
loves at Wrestlemania?
~ My Bae, My Amazon, My Goddess Charlotte...how I love thee...and what a bitch she is...but really...what can Sasha
say? Nothing...because everything Charlotte said is true. You can see the wheels turning in Sasha's head...give in
to the dark side Sasha...
~ Also...Sasha is wearing a push up bra...heel turn confirmed!!!
~ And Joe wins and Strowman once again powerslams Roman into oblivion...Nice! All this feud is doing is making me
like Strowman...lol

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Didn't watch RAW but I hear the two Samoan Joes were at odds...how nice, already killing Joe's monster heel heat.

Well unfortunately, Joe made his career somewhere else, so WWE will never treat him equal to their homegrown guys. :( It's supremely stupid though. They have such opportunities to capitalize on the popularity and heat of guys who were built elsewhere.... but instead, they're willing to bury and not promote other talent due to nothing more than an asinine pissing contest. It is sad. very sad.

But, of course, Vince knows what he is doing so we shouldn't complain! He knows best! :unitard:

Last edited:
Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
16473045_1252697708099272_4820587894599142822_n.jpg

nice hairdo Joe. (Thanks for the screencap dude in another group! Had to share.)

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
A few things I didn't like about RAW:
a Re-cap
Brawn destroys 4 jobbers immediately followed by cruiserweights. The timing made it hard to take cruiserweights seriously.
A re-cap
A cruiserweight that looks like James Ellsworth
A recap
And ...well I'd finish this thought but I'm getting distracted by something.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The JeriKO segment was the only really entertaining part of the show, even the Joe vs Roman match was boring imo. Better than the last couple of weeks for sure though.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The show was decent. They did some build for 205 Live as well as for Fastlane. 6/10

- The opening segment was solid. Joe cut a good promo and felt like a big deal. I still wish he was on SmackDown, though! Also, Reigns' brief promo wasn't bad at all, it was quite solid.

- Strowman squashing those 4 jobbers was fun.

- Tozawa vs Gulak was fun enough. Tozawa had a nice showing and he got an immediate reaction from the crowd, which is good.

- The JeriKO/Goldberg segment was OK. Oh, boy. I'm gonna loathe KO lose to Goldberg in 2 minutes at Fastlane. But, hopefully Lesnar interferes and screws over Goldberg.

- Gallows & Anderson vs Cesaro & Sheamus was solid. The finish was predictable, but it worked because Cesaro & Sheamus need to get away from G&A and putting them in a feud with Enzo & Cass isn't a bad way to do it.

- The New Day vs Shining Stars was OK and I guess they gotta keep them in the tag title contention. Also, they talked about ice cream in their pre-match promo... CM Punk will be pissed if they get them back. LOL

- Y2J vs Zayn was good. The finish was predictable, but it worked, as in it protects Zayn and also plays into the JeriKO angle. I guess it may've also left the door open for another match between Y2J and Zayn.

- The Aries/Neville and the rest of the cruiserweights segment was OK. Even though it served its purpose of setting up a match for 205 Live tonight, which will lead to a Fastlane title match, it's a shame no one really got the time to talk, so it kind of felt forced. Also, Aries is a really good interviewer and a good commentator.

- TJP, Gallagher & Alexander vs Neville, Nese & Dar was decent and served its purpose of being a preview for tonight's Fatal 5-Way on 205 Live. The thing that still sucks about the division is the lack of time they're given week in and week out.

- Joe vs Reigns was a good ME. Joe was all fired up and looked good and Reigns works well with other physical dudes, which resulted in a pretty good match. The distraction finish by Strowman was expected and allowed Joe to win with a sick Uranage. The post-match stuff with Strowman destroying Reigns made sense given what happened last week, and also adds build to their match at Fastlane.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

- The JeriKO/Goldberg segment was OK. Oh, boy. I'm gonna loathe KO lose to Goldberg in 2 minutes at Fastlane. But, hopefully Lesnar interferes and screws over Goldberg.

Oh come on. Goldberg putting himself on the list was priceless. It might be the best Goldberg promo moment ever.

Ya know, I prefer to have KO champ going into Mania. However, there is one thing that bothers me about Lesnar interfering. We talked about this in the chat last night. It wouldn't make sense. Lesnar already has his match with Goldberg. He has no reason to piss Goldberg off further because that is typically something someone does in order to get a match. It's actually more beneficial to Lesnar to let Goldberg win so then he gets a title shot at Mania.

So I am on the fence here. Being on the verge of 42 years old, I don't have the ageist viewpoint that a ton of wrestling fans have. There are men in their 40's, 50's and 60's that are still in great shape and capable of dominating younger guys. Hell, Goldberg is fucking cut for a man of any age. Yeah, he has bad knees but that's beside the point. Plenty of wrestlers have longterm injuries. The nostalgic part of me says, yeah, give him a month as Universal champion.

Here's the thing. KO is going to lose to someone. The best choice would be Jericho (who is 46, yet no one complains about his age), but that is unlikely. So it looks likely to be either Goldberg or eventually Roman Reigns. I'll take Goldberg winning the belt and then losing to Lesnar over Reigns ANY DAY.

But who really knows what's going to happen with Lesnar/Goldberg? We thought Lesnar would win at Survivor Series, and he didn't. We thought the WWE would treat the Goldberg win as a fluke, but then Goldberg easily got the better of Lesnar in the Rumble. So now we think that the WWE is going to give Lesnar the WrestleMania win just because they can't have Lesnar lose again to this guy. But WWE is often about creating moments over creating careers. Goldberg taking down Lesnar swiftly again is something NO ONE (not even me) is expecting. So who says they won't go that direction?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I'll take Goldberg winning the belt and then losing to Lesnar over Reigns ANY DAY.
I can already see it now...

Fastlane: KO gets fed to Goldberg (but hopefully he lasts longer than 86 seconds)
Wrestlemania: Lesnar finally beats Goldberg and Bill retires...
SummerSlam: Roman Reigns defeats Lesnar...

And then I hate RAW even more...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I can already see it now...

Fastlane: KO gets fed to Goldberg (but hopefully he lasts longer than 86 seconds)
Wrestlemania: Lesnar finally beats Goldberg and Bill retires...
SummerSlam: Roman Reigns defeats Lesnar...

And then I hate RAW even more...

You always see the negative in everything. I have only one thing to say about that:

Reactions: Aids Johnson