Money in the Bank Rate Money in the Bank 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate MITB

• Total voters

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Decent is pretty much how I would describe Ambrose in WWE

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I really, REALLY hope they switch the tag team titles back to The New Day either tonight or at Battleground, because I'm really enjoying their heel act and was hoping they would keep the straps for a lot longer than just two months. What good could possibly come from a PTP tag title reign anyway? Them versus The Ascension? Yawn.

I had a gut feeling the Money In The Bank match would turn out similar to 2013 where everyone was expecting a certain guy to win it (Bryan then, Reigns now) but then they gave it to someone else instead and threw everybody off. I can't really see what good can come out of Sheamus winning it though, considering I doubt anyone really believes he's actually gonna cash in and become champion, especially with a heel carrying the title around at the moment. I guess Brock vs Sheamus or Reigns vs Sheamus are both viable programs if either of them takes the title from Seth within the next year, but meh. Maybe Ambrose will challenge him for the case at either Battleground or Summerslam and win it from him then. One can only hope.

And I'm not even about to complain about Kevin Owens losing to Cena. Not only was it expected, but Owens took Cena to his limit (again) and even had him in denial when he kept maneuvering and kicking out of his finishers, and it took Cena three AA's before he could finally put him down. The match itself was fucking awesome (not that I expected anything less), and while time and repeated viewings will only tell for sure, I probably liked it better than their first one. Furthermore, Owens won the first match clean and he'll hopefully walk away from the whole feud as the new United States Champion when it's all done and over with (and hopefully without needing to resort to cheating to beat Cena again), so Cena picking up one win over Owens is cool with me.

Everything else was fine. You can tell Paige and Nikki were putting forth a hard effort to have a good match and the finish was fine to me. Ryback and Big Show had a nice little powerhouse match-up going before Miz jumped in and ruined it. Ambrose vs Rollins took a little while to get going and even then left me feeling slightly underwhelmed by the end, but it was entertaining enough and at least Seth got the clean victory for once.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
They do that? Guess I've never seen it

Yup. Counting from memory, I can recall four separate times someone has put their briefcase on the line in a match: RVD against Shelton Benjamin in a Title vs Briefcase match at Backlash 2006 (Shelton was Intercontinental Champion at the time), Mr. Kennedy against Edge on Raw in 2007, Ziggler against Cena in the ladder match at TLC 2012 (the one where AJ turned heel and cost Cena the match) and Sandow against Cody at Summerslam 2013.

WWE have put almost everything on the line before in a match at some point or another. Even someone's wife or the custody of their children lol.

Yeah Ken Kennedy (Anderson) lost his contract to Edge. I also recall Sandow having to defend his against Cody but retaining it, though I might be wrong.

No, you're correct. They fought over the briefcase at Summerslam 2013.

The funny thing is, Cody was supposed to win the case from Sandow there. It was actually the long-term plan all along going back to the night Sandow won it at MITB a month before, but then the creative team/Vince/Hunter/whoever got high on the idea of doing the Rhodes Brothers versus The Shield storyline instead, and so they had Sandow retain the case, leaving us with a lame-duck briefcase holder whom they never had any intentions of making champion in the first place.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I guess I didn't realize it was actually for the case since he retained it maybe? Because I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that Sandow/Cody match

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Dat Owens/Cena disaster...

ZXLOiE4.gif

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't expect so much disappointment towards the owen/cena match. I thought it was pretty good, I mean, what more would you expect? They brawled, they hit their big moves, they told a story in the ring, both men's acting were spot-on and etc. etc.

I did not enjoy the finisher spamming, but whatever, most ppv matches are like that anyway. But I felt the match did a good job at conveying a story, and I actually liked it better then the first one. Maybe I'm just a sucker for fast-paced matches, but I really enjoyed it.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
It just seemed too similar to their first match, minus the end result. Every move they hit in the second match was already seen in the first one, and a couple of them were performed worse the second time around. Owens still has quite a bit of moves in his arsenal that he could've pulled out, as well as Cena.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It was fun. The main event was alright, MITB was fun, Cena/Owens was very good imo. I thought the finish to the divas title match was good on paper, but as the announcers pointed out it should've been a DQ at some point (although it wouldn't have made much of a difference).