Rate AEW FULL GEAR

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
RATE AEW.png

HELLO and WELCOME to the rate thread for AEW FULL GEAR! i just finished the pay per view and my god what a show that was tonight, im gonna update this shortly with my review of the matches but first i just wanna post the thread already, so as always rate in the poll above share your thoughts below, and be sure to check out my thoughts here soon!

Hell i might just post my thoughts here because why not, save you the trouble of an extra click.

THOUGHTS COMING SOON..

Reactions: Grievous 3D

nickp1991

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
4v9FT90
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
5wv8W7T
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
my thoughts on this ppv: Jon Moxley stole the show, he is nuts. Jim Ross was going through the motions, Cody vs Jericho was okay

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well...I really enjoyed the show & I went 6 & 2 with my predictions...

For my "in-depth" thoughts feel free to download this...

The Machine Speaks ~ AEW Full Gear

Or not...I'm not really worried either way.

:thumbsup:

(Oh...& I forgot to mention the Brandy/Kong stuff in my review
because I honesty forgot about it. I'll just say Kong's new attire
looks stupid & I don't really care for whatever they are trying to
do with this.)

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
There were some slow parts, but I was also exhausted beforehand so it may have been me.

I agree with nickp that Moxley stole the show. This was the brutality we wanted to see when he faced Lesnar as Ambrose. The match was pretty good and that bed of barbed wire was freaky.

The betrayal on Cody came from a mile away. MJF is too despicable as a heel for this to have been anything but a scam. I suppose this is how they’re going to justify Cody eventually getting another title shot.

PAC vs Page was a little disappointing to me. Wasn’t a bad match but something seemed off about it.

The preshow match was really good and seeing Awesome Kong is always...well... Awesome. But it sounded like the announcers called her Kharma a few times.

Women’s title match was great. I enjoyed every bit.

I wasn’t excited about either tag match. But I loved Christopher Daniels dressed as Pentagon.

But all in all, it was an entertaining and solid 8.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Baker v Bea was decent, but the shit at the end was dumb as fuck

Bucks v P&P was just a standard Bucks match was just okay

Page v PAC was just lackluster as hell. I wish AEW will quit paring PAC with guys who can't do or handle his style of wrestling because the PAC last night isn't the same as the one in DG.

PP v LB v SCU was just okay. Having Daniels at the end come in as Pentagon was kind of lame

The women's match was a bit better though I think Emi should have won instead of Rhio retaining

Cody v Jericho was decent at best, and MJF's betrayal could have been seen a mile away because it is was too easy to see. Also, I laughed because of Cody saying in his promo that if he lost here, he wouldn't challenge for the belt again because we all know that is a lie.

Mox v Omega was decently good, not that great nor was it that bad.

Overall, I gave the show a 6/10 just because a lot fo the matches felt lackluster. Also, seeing The Great Muta in AEW kind of broke me a little.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
So...does anyone else here think Moxley/Omega went "too far"?

I'm not trying to start a fight...I'm just curious.
I have been hearing people say that, but I disagree. It was pretty standard for a "hardcore" and was just a copy of Gargano v Ciampa at NXT Takeover New Orleans, I think, but with a bit more edginess to it.