Rate AEW Dynamite! 10/9/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
RATE AEW DYNAMITE.png

Hello everyone and welcome to the second week of Wednesday Night Dynamite! and the second week of the wednesday night war! we got AEW now and Jacob will be doing the NXT rate thread later tonight! so always rate in the poll above share your thoughts below.

Unfortunately there is no recap this week im afraid, i had tech issues connection problems and also i wasnt feeling well so i wasnt able to recap the show, i apologize but either way, have a great day!

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
8/10

Matches were very good but still significantly less interesting and/or worse worked than last week. Promo scenes hardly even average, that’s the thing to work on.

Also, quit those fucking WCW style interferences for Christ’s sake. We wouldn’t mind having a main event that doesn’t get followed up by entire roster entering the ring and starting to fight.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Private Party vs Young Bucks.. 5 star match.. tons of great spots.. such athleticism on display.. it was crazy.. very good finish.

Jericho promo was very good and I love how he squashed the "We The People" chants by calling it a terrible idea by a bad creative team.. had me laughing.

Darby Allin vs Jimmy Havoc... damn this was good.. very entertaining.. and I believe Allin is starting to become one of my favorite wrestlers in AEW.. fantastic!

Sukura and Priestly vs Riho and Baker... I love Riho.. she is definitely my favorite female wrestler in AEW.. great spots throughout.. enjoyed it very much.

Shawn Spears vs Jon Moxley.. this was a good match but it was so much slower than any of the matches before it that it seemed to drag along... still entertaining. I like that Moxley didn't attack Omega with the barbed wire bat after he was attacked by PAC.. he may be unhinged but he's still respectful lol

Hangman Page and Dustin vs Jericho and Guevara... we all knew how this was going to go down... I'm glad they let us have a bit of a match before everything erupted though. Once everything erupted it was kind of dull honestly.. I do like that MJF is now a part of the Elite.

The Inner Circle is just an okay name... it's not terrible.. but I just don't think it really invokes any kind of fear.

Overall this show gets a 9/10.

It was fantastic and every match was entertaining.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Kicked off great. Both that tag match and that flaming hot Jericho promo were ace, 10s all around.

Havoc v Allen really slumped in my opinion, and I'll admit I'm not to hot on Darby. He's an edgy skater kid with the physic of a high school nerd. Ooh, yeah, he's going to beat Chris Jericho, okay bud

The women's tag match was really good. I have no idea who any of these women are really, but they all killed it

The Best Friends promo was non existent, more of a comedy thing, which is fine I guess. I popped for Orange Cassidy, but that should definitely be a one and done skit, and not a reoccurring gag

Spears v Mox was solid. Not groundbreaking or anything, just solid. 8/10 there. The barbed wire broom was cool, but it was a good idea not to have them come to blows yet. Mox just walking away from Omega after he had back attacked was good. I think Mox is a heel? Tweener probably. Either way, I like that he didn't just randomly attack Omega. The "I'll kick your ass, but only when you're healthy" angle is pretty cool

Loved the main event. The most memorable bit was in the beginning. You see it all the time. "Ooh, you want to fight me! Okay! Just kidding, tag out!" It was very nice to see Rhodes just start beating up Jericho anyways, even if he wasn't legal. He's a pissed off old dude, of course he won't just sit back. The match itself was really good, and the way they balanced Rhodes and Page kicking ass and Inner Circle's heel tactics worked very well. The finish worked great, Jericho in a pathetic way, and only getting the fatal blow through slimy tactics

Sorry Crow, but I'm a sucker for crash car overbooked nonsense. The new faction always ends on top, you have to establish them after all, but it does get cliche. This was a great way to have your cake and eat it too. Heels win, then do a beatdown. Ooh, babyface runs in and beats them up. Oh, more heels run in and beat up the faces. Ooh, more faces run in, and beat the heels up. Ooh, heels get the advantage again. Ooh, new heel, here to stab his friend in the back and join the heels. Swerve, no, he's a good guy. Big bad escapes safe, haha. Nope, one more face to kick his shit in

Inner Circle constantly won, but still got their shit kicked in. I like it. It was like a cake with fifteen layers, absolutely ridiculous, and you know what, I like me some ridiculousness in my wrestling

Overall, 8/10. Very solid show. The beginning and ending were ace, the women's tag was really good, Darby/Havok kinda was a let down, and everything else was really solid

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
The Inner Circle is just an okay name... it's not terrible.. but I just don't think it really invokes any kind of fear.
Yeah, i got a way better name that honestly puts The Inner Circle name to shame.

THE INNER CIRCLE EXPERIENCE

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I gave a 9 again. I guess I was alone in thinking the bucks and private party match went on a little too long for my liking. Dont get me wrong,it was great and the finish was excellent... but there was a few times it could have ended and still been amazing.

Other than that the show was excellent. With the exception of course the referee in main event turned around as hager was still leaving the ring and played dumb.. like, I get it... just that timing was bad ref. Another second later would have been legit.. all else was gold.
The 2 hours flew by! I'm loving this show!

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I rarely give shows 10/10 but I'm doing that with this one. Everything on this show was great, Mox/Spears was amazing, Young Bucks and Private Party was excellent, great job at getting Private Party over.

That promo from Chris Jericho was one of the better promos in a while, he got over every member of his faction and they all play a different role.

Overall it was another W for AEW Dynamite.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
I rarely give shows 10/10 but I'm doing that with this one. Everything on this show was great, Mox/Spears was amazing, Young Bucks and Private Party was excellent, great job at getting Private Party over.

That promo from Chris Jericho was one of the better promos in a while, he got over every member of his faction and they all play a different role.

Overall it was another W for AEW Dynamite.
Glad to see you enjoying some wrestling bruh. Ai-ee-dubya brings hope back

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Riho and Dr Britt Baker seem to be pretty good in my opinion.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
AEW Dynamite Notes!

Go!

~ Running down the card!
~ Bucks of Youth/Private Party hype package...
~ Tag Team title tournament begins now!

+ Bucks of Youth vs. Private Party +
~ So who came first...the Street Profits or Private Party?
~ And Quinn is flying all over the place!
~ Powerbomb on the ramp!
~ I can only imagine The Revival watching this...wishing
they were here right now...perhaps with Jim Cornette as
their manager...Yes...I want to see that in AEW...
~ Beautiful Shooting Star Press!
~ And Private Party get the win with a roll up! Hell Yeah!
This was a great match with both teams looking like stars...
~ And we get a picture & picture commercial during the after
match celebration which is incredibly smart!

~ Jericho is here...with his entourage it seems...
~ I never realized how tall/big Jake Hager is...
~ WE THE PEOPLE! WE THE PEOPLE! WE THE PEOPLE! WE THE PEOPLE!
~ Awesome rip on that "Other" Company by Jericho...
~ The "Inner Circle"? Okay...I've heard worse names...
~ He said SHIT!
~ I like how Hager just stood there...still, stoic & silent...
that worked for me.

+ Jimmy Havoc vs. Darby Allin +
~ A "Picture in Picture Entrance Promo"...I like it...
~ And a suplex to the outside...Ouch!
~ This match has a real rough edge to it...and it works...
~ And Allin gets the win with a Coffin Drop & he gets a
match against Jericho next week...which is great! I
mean he isn't winning it...but his career an only benefit
rom the match.

+ Princess Riho & Dr. Baker vs. Bea Priestly & Emi Skaura +
~ Yes...I'm calling her Princess Riho from now on...deal with it!
~ And I'm just going to leave this photo of Riho here for everyone to enjoy.

utgwh75zjhq31.jpg

You're Welcome.
~ You know...I'm not really impressed with Bea Priestly...
I'm waiting for her to actually do something...
~ Yay! Riho is wearing the belt around her waist like a true Champion!
~ And Aubrey Edwards is the Ref for this match...Yay!
~ Surfboard! Ouch!
~ And Britt & Bea are going at it!
~ Double suplex on the outside!
~ & Riho goes flying! Yay!
~ AND NO!!! A PICTURE IN PICTURE COMMERCIAL! DURING THE
WOMEN'S MATCH! FUCK YOU AEW! THIS ISN'T RIGHT!
~ One of the most "developed" feuds in AEW is playing out
in the ring...and the commercials are killing it! STOP!!!
~ Should a "heel" be playing to the crowd like that?
~ Nice Cutter (RKO?) by Dr. Baker!
~ And Britt & Riho get the win with that cool submission
hold from Britt...can we give that a name now? Oh look...
Riho & Britt are hugging! KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS! HA!
~ And...I really think Britt & Bea need to have a gimmick match
of some kind at Full Gear...perhaps for the #1 contender spot?
Just putting that idea out there AEW...

~ Best Friends vignette/promo...FRESHLY SQUEEZED ORANGE CASSIDY!!!
~ Lights Out! & its Shawn Spears...

+ Jon "Rabid Chipmunk" Moxley vs. Shawn Spears +
~ So...can we get Tessa Blanchard on AEW TV please? Come on Tully!
~ Pac is on commentary? Okay...
~ Wait...is that what Moxley wrestles in now? Okay...
~ The crowd is hot!
~ Okay...Pac isn't helping this match on commentary...
~ And finally Shawn Spears gets in some offensive...
~ So...is this a falls count anywhere match? What the hell Ref?
~ Pac vs. Spears at Full Gear?
~ Another Picture in Picture commercial...Ugh...these are just the worse!
~ And the Rabid Chipmunk gets the win with his trademark DDT...
& Kenny is here...I'm kind of surprised he didn't show up to cost Moxley
the match...I mean Shawn Spears really needs a win at this point...
~ And Pac attacks Omega...& Moxley isn't taking advantage of the
situation...Okay.
~ I'm guessing Pac has a "Dark" match on this night?

+ Dustin Rhodes & Hangman Adam Page vs. Sammy Guevara & Chris Jericho +
~ And Hager is shadowing Jericho...which I like..."The Silent Enforcer"
role will be perfect for him...
~ And we are getting Riho vs. Britt for the women's title next week?! Sweet!
although I'm guessing Bea will be showing up to get involved in that one...
~ Dustin can still go...and its awesome...
~ & Hager finally did something! I mean it was just a clothesline but
at least he did something!
~ And another clothesline by Hager...and the Ref missed it...even though
you would have to be blind, deaf & dumb not to notice Hager...running
past you...
~ And the "Inner Circle" gets the win with a Judas Effect from Jericho...
& now the beat down begins! Hager & Page are going at it! & Lights Out?
~ AND CODY IS HERE! (And he's dressed very sharply I must say)
~ And LAX are here!
~ As is MJF...And...he attacks the Inner Circle! And the crowd loves it!
~ And MJF is an idiot...
~ The Bucks of Youth make the "proper" save!
~ AND DARBY ALLIN LITERALLY SKATES DOWN THE ENTRANCE RAMP TO ATTACK JERICHO!
~ So is every Dynamite going to end with a big "Dog Pile" of Violence?
I mean that works for me...as long as the matches have a result.

Random Thoughts:
~ J.R sounds a little off tonight...
~ These AEW crowds are great...
~ The commentary is pretty solid with
Tony being awesome to listen to again...

Final Thoughts:
I'm loving this alternative to the "Other" company...although...why hasn't
the big lizard Luchasaurus been on a Dynamite yet? That just seems odd
to me. Also the "Picture in Picture Commercial are fucking torture...BUT
I'm still going to score it as an...

8 out of 10

Thanks for not treating me like an idiot AEW.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: Gman003

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
One thing I will say is,I would 100% prefer the picture in picture commercials over regular,full cut commercials. Atleast we can still see what's going on.
I've gotten used to it watching nascar,they always cut to commercials when something is happening then you miss lead changes and stuff.. anyway I'm getting off topic.

To me, PIP is awesome especially during a match. It may be small and muted, but atleast we can watch and eventually you'll get over it I'm sure. It's a nice alternative.

• Wow
Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
One thing I will say is,I would 100% prefer the picture in picture commercials over regular,full cut commercials.
At least we can still see what's going on. I've gotten used to it watching nascar,they always cut to commercials
when something is happening then you miss lead changes and stuff.. anyway I'm getting off topic.

To me, PIP is awesome especially during a match. It may be small and muted, but at least we can watch and
eventually you'll get over it I'm sure. It's a nice alternative.
That's a fair call...& I hope your right...

But remember I'm Australian...so the commercials serve
ABSOLUTELY no purpose for me.

Also I kind of wish they would time the commercials
better...like they had one right after the Private Party
win with them going through the crowd...& that was
cool because it wasn't during the match...but then
they had one right in the middle of the women's
tag match...which was AWFUL!!!

Ehh...

Its not really that bog of a deal...but I have to be fair
& call out AEW for anything I don't like...

No one gets a free pass from me.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Ok I'm bored so I guess I'll watch this thing.

Private Party are sooo fucking good. Like, for those of you who have only seen them in AEW, keep watching because you haven't seen anything yet. Two super cool, super humble dudes outside the ring, too. And I will never get over how fucking high Marq gets with his shooting star. It's ridiculous. Good to see them pick up a win here, I would really enjoy seeing them against a Boy and his Dinosaur in the semis.

Oh yay, boring ass Jericho promo. Oh yay, fans cheering the guys (except Sammy) who are supposed to be the biggest heels in the company. Oh yay, more memes. Oh yay, anti-WWE propaganda. This is so bad, BUT OH HEY GUYS IT'S NOT WWE THOUGH SO IT'S GOOD RIGHT? RIGHT???? Fucking YAWN.

For the first time in my life, I'm excited to see Jimmy Havoc. Literally for no other reason than to get Jericho off of my screen, because Jimmy... Jimmy... Jimmy Fucking Sucks. At least Darby is decent. Hey wait... if wins and losses are supposed to be so important, why are 2 guys with 1-1 singles records (plus a draw for Darby) getting to fight in a match where the winner gets a shot at the World Title? Anyway, OK match here. Nothing spectacular, though I will say I liked the part where Darby bit him back. Cool little bit of storytelling there.

Britt Baker does very little for me, but the other 3 made this match worth watching. Ending seemed to come sort of out of nowhere, but otherwise pretty good for the most part.

Really underwhelming in ring debut for Mox, especially considering what he's done since he showed up in AEW. Large majority of the match just outside the ring rolling around doing nothing important or interesting. Match did get pretty good during the last 3-4 minutes, though. And the faceoff after the match was also pretty cool in concept, even if I thought the execution was poor.

Much like the women's tag, this match had 3 great talents and one incredibly dull one. Dustin still has never lost a step. Hangman never fails to impress me. And Sammy is very similar to Dolph Ziggler, in that he knows how to sell almost every move like death. Except probably the Judas Effect, which is still possibly the lamest fucking finisher ever. Pretty decent match overall. And once again the show ends in a nonsensical giant clusterfuck... oh and MJF is apparently a face now. Or more likely what will happen, a very poor attempt at a tweener for a guy that has been built to be nothing but a heel. His mannerisms, the cockiness, the insulting the fans, I guarantee you all of this stays the same. But now what, we're supposed to cheer him because Cody Rhodes is his friend? Yeah GTFO with that shit, especially only 2 weeks into TV.

6/10 for me. This show is once again just painfully average, with bright points sprinkled throughout. The potential is there, but it will still take a lot of work to make Dynamite an actually good show. Promo segments, logical and meaningful booking, and yet again holy shit the camera work (seriously, I want to write Kevin Dunn letters of apologies every time I watch an AEW event) all need to be greatly improved. Or hell, who knows, maybe I've just become the youngest grumpy old man on the forum and can't handle change. Speaking of which... dammit Kevin I told you to get off my lawn, I don't care if you ARE just chasing the kids away that were on your lawn first!

Reactions: Jay-Ashley