Rate A Wrestler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
This thread is to rate your favourite wrestlers of all time on a scale of 1-10 on 3 criteria. the Criteria are.

Technical
Performance
Mic Skill

Technical
This is about how good the wrestler is in ring in terms of variety of moves used, technical skill at wrestling, and in ring ability. A 1 for example is a crap wrestler probably a rookie who should not be in the ring an example of a 2 would be Zeus (from No holds barred)while a 1 is a guest wrestler who attempts to fight (as opposed to Drew Carey). A 10 would be AJ Styles maybe Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart.

Performance.
This is in ring gimmick or how entertaining they are to watch or how they sell their gimmick using non verbal skills. This would also include hijinks such as Mankinds extreme matches, Austins vehicular antics, Undertakers dead mans thing etc. Also can the wrestler do a decent job as a heel and a face?

Mic Skills. Self explanatory. A low score would be Ultimate Warrior. A 10 is about as good as it gets and I would only award that rating to 6 wrestlers- Austin, Flair, Foley, Hogan, Rock, Shawn Michaels. A;lso the rating is an overall one from the heigh of their career vs

Anyway a few.

Hulk Hogan

Technical 4
Hogans move set is very basic even back in the day and there was also a routine to them as well. His leg drop as a finisher is also weak/boring.

Performance- 9
Being generous here as his in ring move set was fairly basic but it worked with the crowd. Hulking up and the finger point of doom YOU. I do not like Hogan much but he also reinvented himself as a heel in the NWO/WCW.

Mic Skills 10
Well Hulkamania existed for a reason. His mic skills were also some of the best of all time and you should see the crowds reaction when he turned heel in WCW, they filled the ring with thrown objects.

Shawn Michaels.

Technical 8
Shawns in ring skills were great and going as far back as his Rockers thing he stood out with his high speed moves that stood out against lumbering big men like Hogan/AndreUltimate Warrior.

Performance 10.
Shawn has always gone over the top and it is funny to see up upside down on his head. From The Rockers to his ladder match to Mr Wrestlmania only a handful of WWE wrestlers I would rate a 10.

Mic Skills 10
Shawn is one of the best wrestlers to ever cut a promo both as baby face and heel. From his Degeneration X Oral Ofifce promo to his montreal reaction he got when e baited them with Bret the Hitmans Heart music.

Overall I think Shawn is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time in all categories. A few can equal or beat him in some narrow areas but he beats a lot of them with his technical skill (eg Austin, Rock, Hogan).

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
This thread is to rate your favourite wrestlers of all time on a scale of 1-10 on 3 criteria. the Criteria are.

Technical
Performance
Mic Skill

Technical
This is about how good the wrestler is in ring in terms of variety of moves used, technical skill at wrestling, and in ring ability. A 1 for example is a crap wrestler probably a rookie who should not be in the ring an example of a 2 would be Zeus (from No holds barred)while a 1 is a guest wrestler who attempts to fight (as opposed to Drew Carey). A 10 would be AJ Styles maybe Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart.

Performance.
This is in ring gimmick or how entertaining they are to watch or how they sell their gimmick using non verbal skills. This would also include hijinks such as Mankinds extreme matches, Austins vehicular antics, Undertakers dead mans thing etc. Also can the wrestler do a decent job as a heel and a face?

Mic Skills. Self explanatory. A low score would be Ultimate Warrior. A 10 is about as good as it gets and I would only award that rating to 6 wrestlers- Austin, Flair, Foley, Hogan, Rock, Shawn Michaels. A;lso the rating is an overall one from the heigh of their career vs

Anyway a few.

Hulk Hogan

Technical 4
Hogans move set is very basic even back in the day and there was also a routine to them as well. His leg drop as a finisher is also weak/boring.

Performance- 9
Being generous here as his in ring move set was fairly basic but it worked with the crowd. Hulking up and the finger point of doom YOU. I do not like Hogan much but he also reinvented himself as a heel in the NWO/WCW.

Mic Skills 10
Well Hulkamania existed for a reason. His mic skills were also some of the best of all time and you should see the crowds reaction when he turned heel in WCW, they filled the ring with thrown objects.

Shawn Michaels.

Technical 8
Shawns in ring skills were great and going as far back as his Rockers thing he stood out with his high speed moves that stood out against lumbering big men like Hogan/AndreUltimate Warrior.

Performance 10.
Shawn has always gone over the top and it is funny to see up upside down on his head. From The Rockers to his ladder match to Mr Wrestlmania only a handful of WWE wrestlers I would rate a 10.

Mic Skills 10
Shawn is one of the best wrestlers to ever cut a promo both as baby face and heel. From his Degeneration X Oral Ofifce promo to his montreal reaction he got when e baited them with Bret the Hitmans Heart music.

Overall I think Shawn is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time in all categories. A few can equal or beat him in some narrow areas but he beats a lot of them with his technical skill (eg Austin, Rock, Hogan).

The Undertaker

Technical 9.
This guy is a in ring pioneer he knows his way around the yard that's because it is his yard (1980's-2000 taker was way more active)

Mic Skills 10
He is the Phenom anytime we are blessed with a promo by the deadman is a blessing (Always strong and powerful messages with a undertaker promo) That is what Bray wyatt is trying to do (The Ministry of Darkness Undertaker was a talker)

Performance 100
If its in ring gimmick in the WWE none are bigger then that of The Undertaker from the cold days of paul bearer with the Urn and the appearance of Kane That internal struggle and back and fourth drama, the casket, inferno, hell in the cell ,buried alive matches all made for the Phenom. The man can make lightning strike indoors in a dome WTF! He is a wrestling god

Last edited:

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
The Undertaker

Technical 9.
This guy is a in ring pioneer he knows his way around the yard that's because it is his yard (1980's-2000 taker was way more active)

Mic Skills 10
He is the Phenom anytime we are blessed with a promo by the deadman is a blessing (Always strong and powerful messages with a undertaker promo) That is what Bray wyatt is trying to do (The Ministry of Darkness Undertaker was a talker)

Advertising 10
The taker has been bringing in dollars for years $$$$

Performance 100
If its in ring gimmick in the WWE none are bigger then that of The Undertaker from the cold days of paul bearer with the Urn and the appearance of Kane That internal struggle and back and fourth drama, casket, inferno, hell in the cell ,buried alive matches all made for the Phenom. The man can make lightning strike indoors in a dome WTF! He is a wrestling god

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I agree with HBK he is my 2nd favorite wrestler

Last edited:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Masked Kane

Technical - 8.5
Performance - 9
Mic Skill - 3

:kane:

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
:aj:

Technical - 10
Arguably one of the greatest in-ring performers of time and quite possibly the greatest high-flyer. Styles is a master in the ring. Smooth, varied and almost never fucks up. Styles is one of the few wrestlers who can be trusted to give it 100% and have a match of the night every time he performs and it's been like that for over 10 years.

Performance - 8
Styles has had his fair share of terrible gimmicks (thanks TNA) but he always tries his best to make gold out of it. In recent years he hasn't really had a gimmick, he's gotten to that point in popularity and experience where he doesn't really need one, AJ Styles is the gimmick and he's been killing it every show he's on, especially working the cowardly and cheating heel better than anyone else in recent memory, I personally adore how he hails back to older heel antics with pearl-haboring the opponent at every possibility.

Mic Skill - 6
That southern accent has always been a hinder especially when he was Christian Southern Boy Styles in his promos ("Don't you DARE talk about my JESUS!") but Styles has been showing in recent years that he is still an enjoyable promo. The man is especially probably the most enjoyable in WWE at the moment as we have all been spouting his recent catchphrases and his chemistry with Gallows and Anderson always helps. Now if you excuse me I'm going to go BEAT UP JOHN CENA!

Mic Skills 10

I'll just leave some of the worst promos of all-time here...

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

Technical - 10
Arguably one of the greatest in-ring performers of time and quite possibly the greatest high-flyer. Styles is a master in the ring. Smooth, varied and almost never fucks up. Styles is one of the few wrestlers who can be trusted to give it 100% and have a match of the night every time he performs and it's been like that for over 10 years.

Performance - 8
Styles has had his fair share of terrible gimmicks (thanks TNA) but he always tries his best to make gold out of it. In recent years he hasn't really had a gimmick, he's gotten to that point in popularity and experience where he doesn't really need one, AJ Styles is the gimmick and he's been killing it every show he's on, especially working the cowardly and cheating heel better than anyone else in recent memory, I personally adore how he hails back to older heel antics with pearl-haboring the opponent at every possibility.

Mic Skill - 6
That southern accent has always been a hinder especially when he was Christian Southern Boy Styles in his promos ("Don't you DARE talk about my JESUS!") but Styles has been showing in recent years that he is still an enjoyable promo. The man is especially probably the most enjoyable in WWE at the moment as we have all been spouting his recent catchphrases and his chemistry with Gallows and Anderson always helps. Now if you excuse me I'm going to go BEAT UP JOHN CENA!

1st off LMAO
Hey turtle don't you ever bring up that disgrace of a wrestler The American Badass Version of Undertaker How dare you! But in defense the ministry of Darkness taker was mentally unstable. Undertaker would smash Aj styles and Im a fan of both

Last edited:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I liked American Badass most. :pokerface:

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I liked American Badass most. :pokerface:
Solidus your going to allow this mockery by the turtle of The undertaker to continue

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

Technical - 10

Performance - 8

Mic Skill - 6

Everyone has their dark days I'll just leave this here

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
The Undertaker

Technical 9.

Mic Skills 10

Performance 100
If its in ring gimmick in the WWE none are bigger then that of The Undertaker from the cold days of paul bearer with the Urn and the appearance of Kane That internal struggle and back and fourth drama, the casket, inferno, hell in the cell ,buried alive matches all made for the Phenom. The man can make lightning strike indoors in a dome WTF! He is a wrestling god

I don't think I would giver undertaker a 10 for mic skills as I think a few wrestlers are better at it than he is and technical maybe a 7 or 8.

Technical 8
Performance 10
Mic Skills 8 or 9.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I don't think I would giver undertaker a 10 for mic skills as I think a few wrestlers are better at it than he is and technical maybe a 7 or 8.

Technical 8
Performance 10
Mic Skills 8 or 9.
Hey I feel you Overall tho nobody can argue Undertaker is a 10 so is Shawn Michaels

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This is a bit odd because it's hard to look at our favorites through non biased eyes. I applaud people who can do it better than me, but there's just no way that I can't look at Ric Flair and just give him 10s across the board.... the greatest wrestler of all time in my view.

I would say:

Technical 10 Even though his move set became more and more limited when he got over, there was never another wrestler in my opinion who knew his way around a ring more than Ric Flair. don't think there has been anyone in the history of wrestling, in my personal opinion, who elevated more wrestlers to look better than they actually were than Ric Flair. I know a lot of people think Shawn Michaels, but I politely disagree. Michaels lacked the humility Flair had and very often would refuse to put over another wrestler if he didn't like them for some reason. Flair very often would put over guys he absolutely didn't like: Kerry Von Erich being a prime example of this.

Performance 10 No one was cockier when he was playing the cocky heel. From the strut, to the wooo, to the disdain he had for his opponents. He could appear frustrated and it was obvious. He could and did switch from a heel to face during the course of the match solely based upon his actions. He could get his fans on the edge of their seats in worry by making it appear that he was completely outclassed.

Mic Skills 10 In my opinion, the best talker in the history of wrestling. He reinvented himself over and over again and had more catch phrases than any wrestler I could think of. He was able to be a heel and a face without changing much.

As Flair got older, he of course began limiting his move set. He also began taking on a more comical persona. But even late in his career, he was able to put on a few really good matches with Undertaker, HBK and Triple H. I enjoyed everything he did up until his retirement match with Shawn Michaels. To be honest, I just couldn't watch his TNA run but that's because I like to tell myself he retired against HBK.