Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Reaction score
50 Cent Nears Completion on New Album

<CENTER>
50-cent-bbma.jpg
</CENTER>
Prepare for the return of 50 Cent. The G-Unit rapper is putting the finishing touches on his fifth album and is planning to release something as soon as this summer.

“I finished my new album now,” he told Ellen DeGeneres during his appearance on her show with Nicole Scherzinger. “I’m actually one song away from being done. I’m mixing the record. I’m excited.”
While he didn’t specify an exact release date for the single or album, he did say, “This summer they’ll have new music from me.”
The project, tentatively titled Black Magic, has a more soulful sound. “He has some soul and he has people singin’ the different hooks,” said Soulja Boy, who contributed some beats. “His album was kinda dope. I ain’t gonna lie to you.”
50 has also been continuing his foray into Hollywood, recently shooting the crime drama Freelancers. “I just worked on a film project with myself, Robert De Niro, and Forest Whitaker. I’m excited about that,” he added.

Kairi

Reaction score
Album Cover: Big Sean – ‘Finally Famous’

<CENTER>
finally-famous-cover.jpg
</CENTER>
Big Sean sees red on the cover of Finally Famous, his debut album. The G.O.O.D. Music rapper shows he’s arrived, flaunting his jewelry on the minimalistic artwork. The set, due June 28, features the Chris Brown-assisted single “My Last” and follow-up “I Do It.” Catch him performing on tomorrow’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”

Kairi

Reaction score
Earlier this week VH1 announced their hit show “Behind the Music” will be returning on June 29th with an episode featuring rapper/producer Missy Elliott. According to the show’s executive producer Brad Abramson, Elliott was very forthcoming in her interview and spoke openly about her weight and being sexually abused as a child.

For the first time Missy will also speak openly about the health scare that caused her to step away from the music scene for a few years. Missy reportedly has Graves Disease and has been battling the debilitating effects since 2005.

Besides Missy, this season will also feature episodes dedicated to Mary J. Blige, Ice Cube, Ricky Martin, Miranda Lambert and Enrique Iglesias.

Kairi

Reaction score
Single Cover: Diggy Simmons – ‘Copy Paste’

<CENTER>
diggy-copy-paste.jpg
</CENTER>
Diggy Simmons plays it cool on the black-and-white cover for “Copy Paste,” the first single from his upcoming Atlantic Records debut. The song is set to premiere over Memorial Day weekend. “It’s gonna do damage to the summer,” Rev Run’s 16-year-old son told MTV News.

Diggy will hit the road with Mindless Behavior, Jacob Latimore, Hamilton Park, and more this summer on the “SCREAM Tour: The Next Generation.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Friends and family of Montae “M-Bone†Talbert gathered at a public funeral on Friday (May 27) to pay their respects to the Cali Swag District member, who was tragically killed in a drive-by shooting on May 15.

M-Bone’s grandmother, uncle, brothers, sister, and the three remaining members of CSD were among the 2,000 people who attended the service at the Faithful Central Bible Church in Inglewood, Calif.
Emotions ran high as M-Bone’s groupmate Yung spoke about the loss of his friend. “I never knew anybody’s body can move that way before I met M-Bone,†he told the audience between tears. “Since the sixth grade, me and him been dancing together, but I never got to tell him this: He taught me a lot.â€
The 22-year-old rapper’s grandmother, who raised him and his two brothers, remained strong while addressing mourners. “God would not allow Montae to be in a wheelchair,†she said. “He can’t do that Dougie in a wheelchair like he could do it on his feet.â€
Police are still investigating the shooting and ask anyone with information to come forward by contacting (310) 412-5240.

Kairi

Reaction score

« Cali Swag District’s M-Bone Remembered at Public Funeral

Nas Celebrates Life with New Album Title

<CENTER>
nas-hove.jpg
</CENTER>
Nas is raising a toast to the good life. QB’s Finest has announced the title for his upcoming 10th studio album.

The 37-year-old rapper’s first solo effort since 2008’s untitled LP will be called Life Is Good. He revealed the news in the early hours of Saturday morning, tweeting, “My album title is- Life Is Good!!!”
Nas has been in the studio with Odd Future’s Frank Ocean, Swizz Beatz, and Bangladesh, among others, but no release date has been set.
“It’s free flowing,” he told Billboard of his latest work. “I want to be able to play this record after it’s done and be like, ‘I did it.’ I have to do something that feels right, and that it could last.”
Fans may get a taste of new material when he headlines the Rock the Bells 2011 Festival, along with Lauryn Hill, Cypress Hill, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Ghostface, and Raekwon. The four-date concert series kicks off August 20 at the San Manuel Amphitheater in San Bernardino, Calif.

Kairi

Reaction score
J. Cole told fans that he would deliver the first single from his long-awaited debut last week, but nothing materialized. The Roc Nation rapper resurfaced online to address the reason for the holdup.

I sampled a Kanye West song, but the problem is, [there's] like five writers that he gave credit to,” Cole explained during a Ustream session. “When you’re clearing a sample, every writer has to be contacted. So you have to contact each and every one of them and get it cleared, so it’s tougher than the average one. As soon as it clears, we’re puttin’ it out.”

He originally hoped to release it in time for Memorial Day weekend. “It’s perfect for the summer. It’s beautiful,” he shared. “I can’t wait till ya’ll hear it and then hear the sample and the original and how I did it. I don’t feel like nobody would’ve thought to flip it like that or even would’ve heard that part.

Cole’s as-yet-untitled album, which will include 14 or 15 tracks, has been completed and will feature a song with his Roc Nation boss and mentor Jay-Z. “I did the song for Jay—finally, finally, finally. It’s fucking crazy.”

While his debut hasn’t even hit stores, he’s close to wrapping album number two. “[I'm] probably about 70% [done with] the second album. I’m tryna drop two in a year. I’m tryna come back maybe eight, nine months after,” he said.

He hopes to drop another mixtape in the summer and sees gold gramophones in the near future. “I’m tryna win that Grammy, tryna pull some Lauryn Hill shit.”

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That sample clearance stuff is a bitch. Esp if he trying to sample something pretty recent so good luck to him on that.

Kairi

Reaction score
Hip-hop star Sean Kingston is in critical condition after being injured in a bad jet skiing accident earlier today in Miami Beach -- this according to local reports.

According to Local10.com, Kingston had a female on board his watercraft when it crashed into a bridge around 6 PM local time.

The Miami Dept. responded to the scene and both Kingston and his female passenger were transported to nearby Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Officials are investigating the cause of the crash.

Story developing ...

Kairi

Reaction score
sean kingston is doing better today

Kairi

Reaction score
Lil Wayne fans will have to wait a little longer to get their hands on Tha Carter IV. The long-awaited album from the Young Money rapper has been delayed once again.

The 9th solo album from Dwayne Carter Jr. is now set to arrive on August 29, Universal Motown confirms to Rap-Up.com. The news was first reported by YouHeardThatNew.
The project has been postponed several times, with the most recent date being June 21. It has already spawned the singles “6 Foot 7 Foot,” “John” featuring Rick Ross, and the sing-song “How to Love.”
The new date falls on the Monday after the MTV Video Music Awards, so a performance from Weezy would not be out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.