Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Reaction score
During the 2011 BET Awards Nominations special, J. Cole speaks on the delay of his Roc nation debut, going in to “full-fledge promo mode” w/ the release of his upcoming single (which is said to sample a track off one of his favorite albums), the mixed reviews of Disgusting, his inspirations and why he keeps to himself rather than putting his whole life online, etc.

[youtube]L6HXPGfKXhM[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>T-Pain has found a friend in Ke$ha. After sharing the bill at last weekend’s Wango Tango in Los Angeles, the Auto-Tune King and pop punk struck up a friendship, even giving themselves the nickname “K-Pain.”

“I’m not saying @keshasuxx and i had sex or anything I’m just sayin I love that ‘fuck everybody else’ attitude. She dresses how she wants she performs the way she wants, she does HER,” tweeted Teddy P., who followed the “Blow” singer to Las Vegas. “On my way to Vegas to stalk my music girlfriend.”

Ke$ha felt their connection, writing, “Um. Fucking love u @TPAIN . U get me.”
Now that she’s landed André 3000 and
B.o.B on remixes, will a K-Pain collabo be next? </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Kairi

Reaction score
The Lonely Island, Tyler, the Creator Score Top 5 Debuts

<CENTER>
tyler-sxsw.jpg
</CENTER>

Comedy trio The Lonely Island and Odd Future frontman Tyler, the Creator crash the albums chart this week, entering in the top 5 with their unconventional releases.

The “SNL” funnymen laugh their way onto the Billboard 200 at No. 3 with their sophomore LP Turtleneck & Chain. The follow-up to 2009’s Incredibad—which debuted at No. 13 with 48,000—sold 68,000 copies thanks in part to their collaborations with Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Akon, and more.

Not far behind The Lonely Island is Tyler, the Creator, whose first commercial release Goblin creeps in at No. 5 with 45,000. OFWGKTA’s leader celebrated his victory on Twitter. “I AM THAT NI**A RIGHT NOW FUCK HARD WORK PAYED OFF YOU CANT TELL ME SHIT NI**UH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” exclaimed an excited Tyler. “50k Is So Much. Like, For Me, Maybe Not To You Guys Whos Used To Mariah Or BOB Selling Millions. Damn, This Is Fucking Wild Fuck.”

Adele’s 21 reigns at the top for an eighth week, while Jennifer Lopez’s LOVE? drops 5-9 with 33,000.

Kairi

Reaction score
Nelly is already on to the next. The St. Louis rapper revealed that he is working on a follow-up to last year’s 5.0 and is eyeing a release for later this year.

During a visit to the “Today” show to promote his fitness DVD series Celebrity Sweat, Nelly broke the news. “I’ll hopefully have a new album coming out at the end of this year. I’m going back in,” he told hosts Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb. “The last album 5.0 was phenomenal—‘Just a Dream,’ 4 million and things.”

He hinted at a potential out-of-the-box pairing like his hip-hop-meets-country record “Over” with Tim McGraw. “Hopefully, I have something real big planned. I don’t want to give it away,” he added.

One collaboration he will talk about is Keri Hilson’s “Lose Control.” The two recently shot a video for the song, which is the next single from Keri’s sophomore album No Boys Allowed.

Kairi

Reaction score
Ja Rule Plans ‘40 Days/40 Nights’ World Tour Following Prison Release

<CENTER>
ja-rule-vh1-hhh.jpg
</CENTER>
It’s been a busy year for Ja Rule, who is currently putting the finishing touches on two new albums before beginning his 18-month prison sentence on gun possession charges. The former Murder Inc. rapper hasn’t done much preparation for his bid, but he already knows the first thing he’s going to do upon his release.

“My ‘40 Days/40 Nights Around the World’ tour is being set up right now,” Rule exclusively tells Rap-Up.com. “I want the bus to come straight to the prison and take me to my first show. Put my family on the bus, have them come to the first few cities, send them back home, and let me keep going. It’ll be international; 40 cities in 40 nights. I’ll be so fresh and ready to go.”
The Queens MC is currently prepping two albums before beginning his jail stint on June 8. P.ain I.s L.ove 2, a sequel to 2001’s triple platinum Pain Is Love, is scheduled for a June 7 release and will showcase Ja’s thoughts about his impending sentence. The Renaissance Project, recorded concurrently, will focus on uptempo party anthems, though a release date has yet to be set.
If all goes according to plan, P.ain I.s L.ove 2 will be issued not only digitally and physically, but as an application for your smartphone in the form of a “living album,” capable of adding new songs, videos, and remixes instantly to the purchaser’s phone.
While this will be Rule’s first incarceration, he’s been getting advice on how to handle his bid from Kenneth “Supreme” McGriff, his close friend currently serving a life sentence on murder conspiracy charges. One thing that will immediately change for him in prison: no more mentally writing rhymes. “I haven’t written rhymes in over 10 years,” he admits. “It was all in my head. I’m going to go in jail and write because it’s just going to be impossible to store all that shit in my brain.”

–Jason Newman

Kairi

Reaction score
Adult Swim’s upfront presentation “Owns the 9ight” was the hottest ticket you couldn’t buy thanks to Jay-Z, who provided the evening’s entertainment as the network announced its 2011-2012 lineup. The hip-hop mogul performed an hour-long set with a live band at New York’s Roseland Ballroom, bringing out Swizz Beatz for “On to the Next One.” But Mr. Carter had a bigger reason to be there. He is expected to announce a development deal with Adult Swim to create an original animated series. His peers Pharrell, Ne-Yo, Kid Cudi, and Fabolous were also on hand to rock with the Jiggaman.

Kairi

Reaction score
“A song that I felt the need to share. Not my single. Just a piece of my story. Hear me out though…”

The words of rapper Drake, who today surprised fans with ‘Dreams Money Can Buy’, the first buzz offering from his eagerly awaited sophomore set ‘Take Care’.
Check out what Drizzy is serving up this go round…

listen here

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/05/song-drake-dreams-money-buy/#more-36054

Kairi

Reaction score
Ja Rule and Ashanti had a reunion onstage during Lloyd’s show at Hammerstein Ballroom last month, and now the former Murder Inc. affiliates are sharing laughs on their first collaboration in nearly seven years.

Ashanti is set to appear on “LOL,†or “Laughing Out Loud†for the non-Internet savvy, which will be released on one of Rule’s two upcoming albums. “It’s a fun record,†he told Rap-Up.com. “It’ll definitely be on one of the albums, either The Renaissance Project or P.ain I.s L.ove 2, but I’m not sure which one yet.â€

Produced by Rule himself, the track flips Stevie Wonder’s 1980 reggae-soul single “Master Blaster (Jammin’),†albeit with the modern technological language the title implies. The song retains the laid-back, reggae-tinged vibe of the original, but sees the rapper pining for a lost love. “LOL. LMAO,†sings Ja. “But it ain’t funny how I don’t see you no more.â€

“LOL†marks the first collaboration between Ja Rule and Ashanti since the latter’s 2004 album Concrete Rose. Their partnership yielded numerous hits in the early 2000s, including 2001’s “Always On Time,†2003’s “Mesmerize,†and 2005’s “Wonderful,†all of which landed in the top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Rule is scheduled to start serving an 18-month prison sentence on June 8, the day after P.ain I.s L.ove 2 drops. Immediately upon his release, he is planning to hit the road on his “40 Days/40 Nights Around the World†tour.

[youtube]fWJ3At2edbE[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Young Jeezy fans rejoice. After a series of delays, the Atlanta rapper has finally set a solid release date for his oft-delayed album Thug Motivation 103.

Jeezy’s fourth studio LP is scheduled to drop on July 26, Rap-Up.com has learned. TM103‘s release coincides with the sixth anniversary of his debut Let’s Get It: Thug Motivation 101.

In preparation for his summer takeover, Jeezy sent out his first tweet this week announcing the album’s completion. “#TM103 Is Done!!! The Summer Will Be Crazy!!!†he wrote.

The project’s first offering “Ballin’†featuring Lil Wayne was sent to digital retailers last week. Travis Barker revealed that he plays drums on the album’s intro produced by Drumma Boy. “It was like this epic, Braveheart-sounding intro,†he told Rap-Up.com.

Are you excited for TM103? Let us know.

Kairi

Reaction score
After an outpouring of fan support following the tragic death of Montae “M-Bone” Talbert, the Cali Swag District rapper’s family is organizing a public funeral to remember him.

The memorial will take place at Faithful Central Bible Church in his hometown of Inglewood, Calif., on Friday, May 27, at 11 a.m. The public is welcome to attend and pay their respects.

“There has been a tremendous outreach of concern and the family would like to have the funeral open to the public and fans that would like to support,” said a rep for the “Teach Me How to Dougie” hitmakers.

M-Bone, 22, was fatally shot outside a liquor store in Inglewood last Sunday. Police have not named a suspect, but M-Bone’s girlfriend believes a jealous neighbor may have been the shooter.

Kairi

Reaction score
Bow Wow links up with his YMCMB boss Lil Wayne to work on his 8th studio album and Cash Money debut Underrated. After shooting some dice, Bow and Weezy finally get in some studio time. “I’ve been doing so many movies the past year-and-a-half, two years, I haven’t really had time to get it in with my squad,” explains the 24-year-old rapper. After putting in work, the fellas scoop some diamond Cartier watches. Money ain’t a thing.

[youtube]U0xIVXLh8JM[/youtube]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Track I produced for a rapper named Stalin for a mixtape we are doing.

[youtube]fPfrg82flhc[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Mixtape Cover: Da Brat – ‘Life After Death’

<CENTER>
da-brat-life-after-death.jpg
</CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER>
Da Brat goes up in smoke on the cover art for her mixtape Life After Death, which borrows its title from the late Notorious B.I.G.’s posthumous album. Dropping May 27, the freebie will feature the So So Def rapper’s remixes of Kelly Rowland’s “Motivation,” Chris Brown’s “Look at Me Now,” Miguel’s “Sure Thing,” and more, and marks her first body of work since serving time behind bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.