Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Reaction score
new pusha t

[youtube]gZwAgHmcj2s[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Press Release:

Palmetto, Fl. May 6th, 2011 – Sleek Audio today announced the termination of the Brand License Agreement between Sleek Audio LLC ("Sleek") and G-Unit Brands, Inc. ("G-Unit"), 50 Cent's licensing company. In addition, the Brand License Agreement, including video production, between TV Goods, Inc, Sleek and G-Unit has also been terminated.

"We will be re-evaluating our Wireless Hybrid over-the-ear headphones at a later date. Currently we are working to bring our new, U.S.-made in-ear products to the market," said Mark Krywko, CEO of Sleek Audio.

50 spoke to AllHipHop.com on this situation...

"As reported, the license arrangement between my company, G-Unit, and Sleek Audio to produce headphones branded as 'Sleek by 50' has been cancelled," 50 told AllHipHop.com. "Instead, I have established a new company that is developing a complete line of audio accessories, including wireless headphones, offering superior sound quality along with cutting edge technology for all music lovers to enjoy."

Kairi

Reaction score
new game music

[youtube]jSAwWrbdoEQ[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Tyga flies “Far Away” on the sentimental single from his upcoming album Careless World featuring Cash Money signee and former “American Idol” contestant Chris Richardson. The Young Money rapper tries to make things right after losing his love. “I’m sorry for the games that I played, but now it’s too late,” he realizes over the drum pattern. But is it too late to apologize?

[youtube]-XfjIW_nFS0[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Q&A: CJ Wallace Aiming for Film, Not Hip Hop

The son of Notorious B.I.G. stars with Will Ferrell in new movie Everything Must Go.
By Ronke Idowu Reeves
Posted: 05/12/2011 03:12 PM EDT
Filed Under Notorious B.I.G.

While the sons of many famous rappers are busy following in their father’s footsteps, Christopher Jordan (CJ) Wallace is forging an entirely different place for himself in the industry. After making his feature film debut two years ago in his dad’s life story, Notorious, the 14-year old son of The Notorious B.I.G. and Faith Evans has chosen a diverse and equally impressive outing for his sophomoric movie effort. In the new indie drama Everything Must Go, Wallace stars opposite comedy king Will Ferrell as a teenage kid who helps a down-and-out man with his yard sale. BET.com spoke to CJ about his new movie, his dad Biggie and why he chose acting over rapping.

What I loved about Everything Must Go is that your character Kenny didn’t save Will Ferrell and he didn’t save you. You were just two people at different stages in your lives that became friends. Why did you want to be in the movie?

It seemed like more of a challenge to me because Kenny is a loner. His mom works all the time and he doesn’t really have friends, all he does is ride around on his bike. I liked Kenny's maturity because I hate being treated like a child. The character was really mature.

Between the two movie roles you’ve played so far who would you say you’re more like in real life, Kenny or your dad as a kid?

Somewhere in the middle, I think. I feel like I’m closer to my dad as a child just because in some ways I feel like I’m more a younger version of him. But I’m also like Kenny because I’m well-mannered and he’s different. I like that about him—that’s why I liked the character.

It must have been really cool to work with Will Ferrell.

I love Will, and after what we did [in the movie] it showed me how great he is. I love all of his movies—Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is my favorite one. I could watch that all the time, it’s always funny to me. So I wasn’t gonna pass up the chance to work with him because it was an amazing opportunity. Whenever I had questions, he would help me all the time. Will was real easy to work with and very helpful.

Let’s talk about your Dad a bit. I know you were still a baby when he passed, but do you understand how iconic and beloved he and his music still is?

I never really knew him—it’s hard to believe that sometimes. Maybe if I would have known him or had conversations with him it would have been different. But I haven’t really understood all of that yet.

Does your mom ever tell you about how you're similar to your dad?

My mom always says I’m a lot like him. She says I even rub my nose the way he did and the way I breathe and snore is like him, too. She always says that I remind her of him.

So as the son of the Notorious B.I.G., why didn’t you want to become a rapper?

I really just wanted to make my own path. I definitely would not be able to continue my dad’s rapping legacy because I’m not on that level yet—I’m not that good. I rap, I joke around, but I’m not serious about it. I didn’t want people to be like, "Like CJ, little Biggie." I’d rather them be like, "CJ the actor made his own movie, directed his own film and won the Oscar," stuff like that.

When did you realize you wanted to act?

After doing Notorious I wanted to act, but at first I didn’t want to. I didn’t want to be in the movie because I thought it would be real typical for CJ to play his Dad. My grandmother [Biggie’s Mom Voletta Wallace] set up the audition for it. She told me, "You should go in and read." She wanted me to do it.

I love that you are choosing such different types of films to be in. What do you want to do next?

I recently read for this movie called Rocket 88, about kids who race soapbox cars. Me and four other kids had a table reading with the director and producers. We read through the entire script and I’m really looking forward to it.

And finally, what kind of advice does your mom give you about show business?

It’s always school first. Because if I’m not doing well in school, I can't do this [acting.] I’m in ninth grade, a freshman, and my favorite class is English. School is number one right now. My mom trusts me and she raised me very well. I’m real respectful and I don’t always go for the limelight. I just wait my turn and it comes, that’s what she taught me. And it’s paying off.

Everything Must Go is in theaters tomorrow.

Kairi

Reaction score

(L to R) Jay Are, C-Smoove, Yung, M-Bone

22 year old M-Bone, real name Montae Talber, of the popular Inglewood, CA group Cali Swag District was shot and killed early this morning. Fellow ‘District’ group member C-Smoove (
@SmooveDaGeneral) addressed the news shortly after tweeting:
Ma life changed drastically in the. Blink of an eye rip mbone
Cali Swag District is best known for their 2010 debut single “Teach Me How to Dougie” and its wildly popular dance.

Kairi

Reaction score
Rapper Cassidy arrested for probation violation, named a suspect in a murder, two attempted murders

BY
Shari Weiss
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Monday, May 16th 2011, 2:15 PM

Rapper Cassidy was arrested Saturday in Hackensack, N.J., where he is a resident.

Cassidy was arrested in New Jersey on Saturday for an alleged probation violation, but the rapper is also the suspect of a murder in Philadelphia, The Record reported.

Cassidy, who’s real name is
Barry Reese, was taken into custody after the Philadelphia Police warrant squad alerted the police department in Hackensack, N.J. about the warrant.

According to
Lt. Timothy Lloyd of the Hackensack Police Department, Cassidy is a resides in the city and was told the hip-hop artist may be "armed and dangerous."

A surveillance team was set up outside his home, though Cassidy wasn’t arrested until he ventured out to a convenience store and was investigated under a felony motor vehicle stop.

Cassidy, who is also being investigated for two attempted murders in Philadelphia, "was very surprised," Lloyd told the paper.
The 28-year-old is reportedly still in custody at the
Bergen County Jail Annex and awaiting extradition.

He served eight months in prison in 2006 for involuntary manslaughter, possession of an instrument of crime and aggravated assault.

Kairi

Reaction score
Album Cover: Bad Meets Evil (Eminem x Royce da 5’9”) – ‘Hell: The Sequel’

<CENTER>
hell-the-sequel.jpg
</CENTER>
Eminem and Royce da 5’9” aka Bad Meets Evil unveil the cover art for Hell: The Sequel, the duo’s collaborative album, due June 14. The reunited Detroit MCs sit perched on speakers as broken televisions and records lay strewn across the floor in the ominous photo by photographer Danny Hastings, who shot the artwork for The Slim Shady LP and Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers).
The album, led by the single “Fast Lane,” features production from D12’s Mr. Porter, Mobb Deep’s Havoc, Bangladesh, DJ Khalil, and more.

Kairi

Reaction score
Pusha T deals an addicting dose of “Blow” in the latest video to accompany his Fear of God mixtape. The Clipse member raps to the camera in a denim jacket, sprinkling white dust in the minimalistic visuals. Get your fix of the G.O.O.D. Music signee.

[youtube]_RTnpR6s1wg[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Report: Cali Swag District Member M-Bone’s Murder Triggered by Jealousy

<CENTER>
csd-m-bone.jpg
</CENTER>
Friends and family of Cali Swag District member M-Bone are still getting over the shock of the rapper’s tragic death. Now details are starting to emerge on a possible motive behind his murder.

The “Teach Me How to Dougie” hitmaker was being threatened by a man who was “insanely jealous” of his success, his girlfriend tells TMZ.

M-Bone’s girlfriend, who lived with him for over a year, says an unidentified man residing in their apartment building was obsessed with Cali Swag District’s success and didn’t hide his hostility. The two engaged in a war of words on Twitter and the jealous man threatened violence against the 22-year-old.

The girlfriend, who wished to remain anonymous for her safety, picked M-Bone up from the airport at 12:15 p.m. on Sunday and took him back to their apartment. At around 10 p.m. that night, M-Bone took her car and said he was going to the recording studio.

Soon after she received a call from another member of Cali Swag with the devastating news that her boyfriend had been shot outside a liquor store in Inglewood, Calif. The police are currently investigating the drive-by shooting and no arrests have been made thus far.

Kairi

Reaction score
B.o.B Dabbles in Reggae on Second Album

<CENTER>
bob-cross.jpg
</CENTER>
B.o.B took the music industry by storm last year with his breakthrough album The Adventures of Bobby Ray and chart-topping singles “Nothin’ on You” and “Airplanes.” Now he’s back in the lab making more magic with producer Jim Jonsin, who shared his excitement over their latest collaboration.

The beat maestro described one song called “Rule the World” that could be a single from the Atlanta musician’s sophomore album. “We cut four songs and there’s two that I really like,” Jonsin told Rap-Up.com. “One record has like a reggae vibe to it, hip-hop with some reggae. It’s pretty big. I think that’s a possible single.”

Bobby Ray is still in the studio working on the album, tentatively due later this year. “He’s kinda figuring out the direction and I’m hoping to close out with him to do another three or four songs before the album’s done,” added the “American Idol” mentor.

While his debut may have been jam-packed with features, don’t expect too many guests this time around. “I don’t think he’s doing as many features. I think most of his singles will be him and he just wants the fans to hear a lot more of him on this album. It’s gonna be incredible.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Stars React to Cali Swag District Rapper M-Bone’s Death

<CENTER>
m-bone-rap-up.jpg
</CENTER>
Following the tragic passing of Cali Swag District’s M-Bone, his peers flooded Twitter with their condolences, fond memories, and heartfelt words. The group’s fellow West Coast native Snoop Dogg called for an end to the violence, Solange reflected on happier times dancing to “Teach Me How to Dougie,” and M-Bone’s groupmates’ showed their appreciation to the fans. Read the reaction to the loss of the rapper who had everyone from First Lady Michelle Obama to Barbara Walters doing the Dougie.

Game: Can I get a moment of silence for the lil homie M-Bone R.I.P. from Cali Swag District. A kid Gunned down in the streets of Los Angeles SMH. H.A.T.E.R.S. Having Anger Towards Everybody Reaching Success – R.I.P. M-Bone 1989-2011

Snoop Dogg: we need 2 stop tha violence. #RIPMBone from @CaliSwagDstrct

Solange: M-Bone from Cali Swag District, a life gone too soon. Part of a creation that brought so many momentous & happy times to me & friends. May God bless…. I can not tell you how many times that song lifted my spirits.

LeToya Luckett: My prayers go out 2 the family & friends of @Mboooone of Cali Swag. This Is beyond sad. RIP

Twista: #RIP to the homie M-bone from cali swag,your family is in my prayers. you got the whole world doin a dance thats what you call a #legacy

Smoove Da General of Cali Swag District: I’m crushed…jus seen Ma smurf on the news…idk wat to think or say…I’m hurting man real talk. Thanx to everybody who had sumthin positive to say to me and for montae

Yung of Cali Swag District: Thank yall for the hit ups… i lost my lil bro yesterday no words can express how i feel… i love you bro

Teyana Taylor: Damn RIP M-Bone… Smh

Bun B: RIP to M-Bone of Cali Swag District from #2TrillWest

Shontelle: Nooooooo! M-Bone! You taught the world how to dougie and then they took you from us! At 22 life has only just begun :(( R.I.P.

Tyga: R.I.P @mbooone. Life is too short. Enjoy every moment.

Lil Twist: R.I.P M-Bone of Cali Swag District! Got the homie and his family in my prayers!! To the whole crew keep y’all heads up! #luv

Kairi

Reaction score
It’s about to be Game time. After almost two years of delays, the West Coast rapper has finally set a firm date for his R.E.D. Album.

The red Mohawked MC’s fourth album will arrive in stores on August 23, he confirmed via Twitter. “#alliwantis for my fans to know that the R.E.D. album will be in-stores AUGUST 23rd !!!” he announced. “Thanks for the continuous love & support.”
Unlike in the past, Game promised that the new date will stick. “Just got off a conference call with Jimmy Iovine & @interscope . Aug 23rd is the release date & it’s like a FAT GIRL….. It won’t move !”

R.E.D. is led by the Lil Wayne-assisted single “Red Nation,” for which the controversial video was subsequently banned from MTV and BET due to its gang affiliation. It has amassed around 2 million views on YouTube.

Dr. Dre, Pharrell, Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Nelly Furtado, Cool & Dre, and more have contributed to the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.