Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Reaction score
Lupe Fiasco is back in action in the preview clip for “Words I Never Said” featuring Skylar Grey, the second single off his recent release Lasers. In the Sanaa Hamri-directed video, the Chi-town rapper goes behind bars and dukes it out with his fellow inmates while rapping about social ills, standing before a panel of international ambassadors as he speaks his mind.

“It was more so me being this liberator, undercover agent who was sneaking into this prison to kinda rescue one of my comrades from the clutches of the evil people,” he told Rap-Up TV of the visuals. “There’s fight scenes and a whole lotta action. It’s very aggressive, but at the end I get the girl, so that’s all that counts.”

Get a sneak peek before the controversial video debuts tomorrow on MTV.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/04/27/sneak-peek-lupe-fiasco-words-i-never-said/#more-82819

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Waka Flocka in a movie? Oh lord please have the subs ready cause you can hardly understand a damn thing he says.

Kairi

Reaction score
Music mogul Antonio “L.A.” Reid is remembering former TLC singer Lisa ‘Left Eye’ Lopes, who was tragically killed in a car accident at age 30 in Roma, Honduras, nine years ago today.

When he looks at musicians today like Nicki Minaj, Reid adds, “I see a little Left Eye in there. There’s certain female artists that you can see the influence of TLC and that time.”

Kairi

Reaction score
At the height of his reign, Ja Rule took the formula of a rapper singing his own hooks to the mainstream stratosphere. With MCs like Kanye West, Drake, and Diddy making hits with the signature style, Ja doesn’t hold any hard feelings.

“Those are the biggest names in music,” he told MTV News’ Sway Calloway during “RapFix Live.” “Drake can sing, man.”

He also explained that even though he was charting with smash singles including “I’m Real (Murder Remix)” with Jennifer Lopez and “Livin’ It Up” featuring Case, he didn’t consider himself the best singer.

“I always admit it. I’m a shallow singer. But I think that’s what attracted people to what I was doing, because I made you feel like you too could do this,” he explained.

“I’m not blowing Luther Vandross notes over here! You could do what I’m doing.”
His pipes may not have been stellar, but it made it more relatable to fans. “I think that’s what made it pop music. I think for the people, that’s what made it popular, that they were able to sing along with it and they weren’t intimidated by singing along to it because it was a guy that can’t sing,” he continued.

Apologizing for the omnipresent style (“I’m sorry, by the way!” he laughed), Ja was in the building to promote his upcoming albums P.ain I.s L.ove 2 and The Renaissance Project before heading off to do a two-year bid for attempted weapon possession in June.

Kairi

Reaction score
Rapper Consequence potentially exposing Kanye and others??

Former G.O.O.D Music artist Consequence sends a cryptic message to KanyeWest[URL="http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif"] [/URL], Amber Rose, Wiz Khalifa, Q-Tip and Jay-z in a preview of a new video titled “The World Is Watching”. In the video, there is footage of Yeezy and ex-girlfriend Amber Rose together, Amber Rose with Wiz Khalifa, as well as Consequence performing with his cousin Q-Tip and Kanye. In-between those clips flash the words:
“There are some thing in life that are beyond our control. It’s a dirty game. There are no friends in this busine$$. So whether it’s family, friend, or foe, we all want one thing… The crown.”

The two-minute video concludes with a behind-the-scenes shot of Jay-Z turning and smiling to the camera while a snippet from a song plays the lines:
“Maybe they see me on the videos or they heard me on the radio/ I said Tip tried to tell me, but man I wouldn’t listen/ And ‘Ye tried to tell me but, man I would listen…”

The video is suppose to be in support of his upcoming mixtape, Movies On Demand 3, that will be released next month. Consequence released a statement calling his upcoming mixtape “the most controversial project that hip-hop has seen in some time”:
“I use to hear the term ‘TroubleMaker’ and equate it as something negative. I now regard it as a term of endearment. With that being said, if what you’re about to witness makes me a ‘TROUBLEMAKER’ then indeed… It’s time to start some TROUBLE. The moments depicted in this clip have been in front of US all along [sic],” he stated. “I hate to be the ‘Bearer of Bad News’ but ‘Movies On Demand 3′ will be the MOST CONTROVERSIAL project that Hip-Hop has seen in some time.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Soulja Boy Weighs Cash Money Deal

Could Soulja Boy be the next Cash Money Millionaire? The “Crank That” rapper is considering a move to the famed hip-hop label after being approached by Birdman.

During a recent trip to Miami to record with Sean Kingston, the 20-year-old met with the Cash Money boss about joining the YMCMB family along with Lil Wayne, Drake, and Nicki Minaj. “I met with Baby and Slim down in Miami,” he tells Rap-Up.com. “He’s trying to get me to come over to Cash Money.”

But the move wouldn’t likely happen anytime soon as he is contractually obligated to his current label for two more albums. “I still got paperwork with Interscope Records, so I’m just trying to figure out what I’ma do. I got a lot of great options on the table,” he adds. “I’ve been a fan of Cash Money since I was young. I’ve been listening to Birdman’s music since I was growing up. I would have never thought.”
Soulja Boy, who is currently filming a remake of Tupac’s Juice, is seriously weighing the option. “I’m taking it into consideration. Birdman, we really had a good talk when we met. But I’m still young. I’m only 20 years old. So after I do these two albums, I either have the choice to go back to Interscope and re-up, do my contract over, or I can go down to Miami with Cash Money.”

Kairi

Reaction score
sneak peek of swizz's new vid which drops may 3rd

[youtube]MOpW75fghRA[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]xCNugmxrdro[/youtube]

love this

Kairi

Reaction score
same, feel free to post some u like :)

Kairi

Reaction score
The Lonely Island serves up more laughs on the title track from their sophomore album Turtleneck & Chain, due May 10. The comedy trio, who has collaborated with Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, and Justin Timberlake, embrace their penchant for turtlenecks, chains, and light beers over a hip-hop-heavy beat, getting Snoop Dogg to co-sign. “The fatter, the puffier, the fluffier, the bigger the turtleneck, the more gangsta it is,” he professes. Who are we to disagree?

listen here
http://www.rap-up.com/2011/05/01/ne...and-f-snoop-dogg-turtleneck-chain/#more-83231

Kairi

Reaction score
new swizz video

[youtube]1agxDKo0NO8[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.