Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]6ZOyss5teAA[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]iaDlX_IK8aY[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]zEZS1yq0ERM[/youtube]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Kairi

Reaction score
i'm a listen to that nipsey track, and also the wiz album soon too

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]hcTSsP_941k[/youtube]

smh, ya i can't get with this video

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]Crk0TK-K_oU[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
21b3m02.png

UK rapper, Chipmunk is now ready to release his second album, Transition. The album is produced by H-Money, Dready and Parker & James. It features Chris Brown, Eric B, Keri Hilson, Movado, Trey Songz, Kalenna and more ... The album's lead single "Champion" debuted at #2 in the UK. "In The Air" is now the new single. Support him and buy his new album on April 18th!!

~~Tracklist~~
1. Transition
2. Follow My Lead (Feat. Eric B)
3. Flying High
4. Champion (Feat. Chris Brown)
5. Foul
6. In The Air (Feat. Keri Hilson)
7. Then And Now
8. White Lies (Feat. Kalenna)
9. Every Gyal (Feat. Mavado)
10. Take Off (Feat. Trey Songz)
11. Armageddon (Feat. Wretch 32)
12. Picture Me (Feat. Ace Young)
13. Pray For Me

-----

it's leaked on the net if anyone is interested :)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[youtube]GgjLEN__Pag[/youtube]

Alright this is a video I came across and it is a really interesting debate that I would like to get y'all thoughts on. Basically about hip hop fans being fickle compared to other genre's of music and how the average hip hop fan doesn't even know about the history of hip hop because of how hip hop is pretty much the only genre that is about being current.

I agree with a good amount of points that came from this vid most from Joe Budden and one of the women on there who made good points. I also now understand why Jay-Z gets so highly regarded since the point got brought up of how he is really a rare hip hop artist who maintained a high level or relevancy for this amount of time since usually the artist who is hot either falls off the face of the earth or gets killed. While in other genres guns and roses can wait 10 years to drop an album and people still care.

So like I said a video that is worth watching and probably get you thinking and would be cool to get your own thoughts.

Kairi

Reaction score
i agree with the ja rule point, and the fans point. especially now you have fans who are a fan one minute and not a fan the next, especially via twitter. social media allows for you to see even more who is a fan and who is not.

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]OBOT8LL3BTI[/youtube]

DA BRAT!!

Black Sanchez

Reaction score
As much as I'm not a big fan of Budden's music he certainly does have a great mind in the industry and what he says is true. We as a whole are not as savvy as fans of other genres of music and that can attest to the generational gap and the youth not being brought up by those that came before them.

I grew up knowing of Slick Rick, Run DMC, and Rakim, but I don't listen to their music. It's more of a personal taste to many and what we like to listen to. Social Networking also played a big role into this as people can be influenced to dislike a certain rapper due to oversaturation. I've seen it happen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.