Randy savage - the love of confrontation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PaulDB

Reaction score
In the classic era of wrestling, there were a number of wrestlers who got into trouble because of their tempers, but few could compare to the Macho Man.

In 1978, after wrestling a 45 minute match in Nashville, Savage went to a waffle bar to grab a bite to eat before turning in for the night. It was midnight and he was hungry. The waitress came to take his order, when suddenly, a cowboy comes walking in and announces out loud that he'd just gotten married. The whole catering staff, including the waitress turned their attention to him and the order wasn't placed, angering the Macho Man. He kept a lid on his kettle until the newly wed mentioned that he was very much in love with his new wife, at which point it boiler over and Randy said at the top of his lungs,
"Who gives a f***!"
This expression of anger made the waffle bar fall silent and all eyes turned on Savage.
"What did you just say?" Asked the cowboy.
"Are you f****ing dead?" Savage retorted, then, word by word he slowly repeated himself.
The cowboy walked over to Savage's table.
"You got a problem?"
Considering himself the alpha male in the establishment, Randy stood up, staring down the cowboy,
"I don't know. DO we?"
A fight then broke out between the two...
The rest you can read on Dutch Mantel's website here... Randy Savage Meets a Police Dog…for Real!!! – The University of Dutch – Dirty Dutch Mantell – Official Website

He delves deeper into the incident and adds what you might think of as a dramatic and outrageous twist.

The purpose of this thread is to explore how you'd have responded if you'd been the cowboy. I'd never put anyone in this position, so I'd like to get your feedback on this matter.

Last edited:

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
In the classic era of wrestling, there were a number of wrestlers who got into trouble because of their tempers, but few could compare to the Macho Man.

In 1978, after wrestling a 45 minute match in Nashville, Savage went to a waffle bar to grab a bite to eat before turning in for the night. It was midnight and he was hungry. The waitress came to take his order, when suddenly, a cowboy comes walking in and announces out loud that he'd just gotten married. The whole catering staff, including the waitress turned their attention to him and the order wasn't placed, angering the Macho Man. He kept a lid on his kettle until the newly wed mentioned that he was very much in love with his new wife, at which point it boiler over and Randy said at the top of his lungs,
"Who gives a f***!"
This expression of anger made the waffle bar fall silent and all eyes turned on Savage.
"What did you just say?" Asked the cowboy.
"Are you f****ing dead?" Savage retorted, then, word by word he slowly repeated himself.
The cowboy walked over to Savage's table.
"You got a problem?"
Considering himself the alpha male in the establishment, Randy stood up, staring down the cowboy,
"I don't know. DO we?"
A fight then broke out between the two...
The rest you can read on Dutch Mantel's website here... Randy Savage Meets a Police Dog…for Real!!! – The University of Dutch – Dirty Dutch Mantell – Official Website

He delves deeper into the incident and adds what you might think of as a dramatic and outrageous twist.

The purpose of this thread is to explore how you'd have responded if you'd been the cowboy. I'd never put anyone in this position, so I'd like to get your feedback on this matter.
He could've just had a bad day and Hearing how happy the Cowboy was probably brought back some sad memories that he didnt want to deal with.... Then again, when Your an actor, Actors hardly eat much Before they put on their acts. Once the show is done, they CAN be very irritable, Tempermentle, and most likely are starving. I'll go thru and read the link you shared, I might hv a dif opinion afterwords...

Reactions: PaulDB

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Best Macho story is him putting a sleeper on a weed dealer and taking the money back

Reactions: PaulDB

PaulDB

Reaction score
Best Macho story is him putting a sleeper on a weed dealer and taking the money back
My goodness, he could've gotten into deep sh** for that. Where did you learn about this?

• Haha
Reactions: Tyler2

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
My goodness, he could've gotten into deep sh** for that. Where did you learn about this?
I have to look for it, but it was a Teddy Long shoot. It happened in Randy's younger days. Apparently Teddy when working as a ref in WCW, asked Macho Man about it. And he ended up laughing and telling the story to the locker room

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Not to speak ill of the dead, but it made me laugh so hard

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If I was the cowboy, I would have responded, "Look at all the people being happy and congratulating me. Obviously quite a few people give a fuck."

I give praise to the cowboy for not letting Randy intimidate him.

Oh, and I love listening to Dutch tell stories. He is GOOD at it.

If you haven't seen Dark Side of the Ring about the death of Bruiser Brody, watch it.

PaulDB

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that blog too.
You're welcome. Here's another time when Savage got on someone's bad side and I believe he started it too... Randy Savage and Road Warrior Hawk - Their Real-Life Heat

Your response to the situation would've been a good one. It may have gotten the catering staff to back you up, (the cowboy was actually a cook on the first shift at that joint).

If I'd been the cowboy, I'd have asked Randy again if he had a problem because to me it was clear something was wrong with him. I'd have kept the pressure on him without throwing the first punch so he would've been the one to make the right or wrong move.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You're welcome. Here's another time when Savage got on someone's bad side and I believe he started it too... Randy Savage and Road Warrior Hawk - Their Real-Life Heat

Your response to the situation would've been a good one. It may have gotten the catering staff to back you up, (the cowboy was actually a cook on the first shift at that joint).

If I'd been the cowboy, I'd have asked Randy again if he had a problem because to me it was clear something was wrong with him. I'd have kept the pressure on him without throwing the first punch so he would've been the one to make the right or wrong move.

Yes, that would be a really good way to handle it, I agree. I will read the next one.

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

PaulDB

Reaction score
He could've just had a bad day and Hearing how happy the Cowboy was probably brought back some sad memories that he didnt want to deal with.... Then again, when Your an actor, Actors hardly eat much Before they put on their acts. Once the show is done, they CAN be very irritable, Tempermentle, and most likely are starving. I'll go thru and read the link you shared, I might hv a dif opinion afterwords...

Yeah, hunger can provoke anger in people, especially if you combine it with fatigue and the middle of the night.

Have you looked at the article yet?

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah, hunger can provoke anger in people, especially if you combine it with fatigue and the middle of the night.

Have you looked at the article yet?
I'll get to it... I Promise. Just been busy at my new job then I come home feeling quite tired. Mostly since my Teeth are sore and sensitive from adding onto my braces fairly recently.

PaulDB

Reaction score
I'll get to it... I Promise. Just been busy at my new job then I come home feeling quite tired. Mostly since my Teeth are sore and sensitive from adding onto my braces fairly recently.

I understand. I let go of myself at one point in my life and had to have two of my back teeth removed. Might need to have another one extracted due to pain in the gums I get when I eat hard stuff. Teeth going feels funny feeling at first, but you can adjust. I hope your braces help to keep your teeth in good health.

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I understand. I let go of myself at one point in my life and had to have two of my back teeth removed. Might need to have another one extracted due to pain in the gums I get when I eat hard stuff. Teeth going feels funny feeling at first, but you can adjust. I hope your braces help to keep your teeth in good health.
Thank you

The Fiend

Reaction score
I was kind of shocked to find this is about macho man haha as this was probably a isolated incident.
However when it came to Haku and Harley Race
These events transpired on a weekly basis.
Harley Race stories are legendary
To him holding a gun to hogans head to being in the ring with a hells angel member who tried to repeatedly stab him
Harley had to manoeuvre himself behind the guy and choke him out
The hells angels in the crowd all thought Harley had just killed the guy