Randy Orton's Finest Hour

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What is Randy Orton's Finest Hour?

• Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels (Unforgiven 2003)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Orton vs. Chris Benoit (Summerslam 2004)

• Randy Orton vs. Undertaker (WrestleMania 21)

• Randy Orton vs. Undertaker Hell in a Cell (Armageddon 2005)

• Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle (One Night Stand 2006)

• Randy Orton vs. Hulk Hogan (Summerslam 2006)

• Randy Orton vs. John Cena (Summerslam 2007)

• Randy Orton vs. Triple H Last Man Standing (No Mercy 2007)

• Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels (Survivor Series 2007)

• Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Triple H (WrestleMania 24)

• Total voters

xtremebadass

I made the "John Cena's Finest Hour" thread a couple months back, and now it is the Legend Killer's turn. What match in the One Man Dynasty's career thus far would be the most remembered? What is Randy Orton's Finest Hour?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
My favourite one is his match with HHH where he broke his collar bone.

Moonlight Drive

Obviously it's No Mercy 2007. He became a 3-time WWE Champion that night and went over Triple H in an incredible LMS match. It also kicked off what I thought was a great reign, which led to him going over some huge superstars and solidfying himself as Raw's top heel.

Justice

Reaction score
I agree with the post above the last. Orton's nest matches are when he gets injured or injures himself. Mr. Blandy Boreton or Mr. Resthold.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
I would not say that his best matches are when he gets hurt, but more so when he plays a true heel. That is his bread and butter just as it was with his father...Bob Orton.

seX-Power

No Mercy was his best match. It solidified him as the top heel in the biz and after he won that title in a damn good match he upped his game in both ring and mic skills. Also, I used to always hate him before that night.

Soulpower

That one match where he did a lots of chinlocks, then hit an RKO out of nowhere to get the win. You know the one >_>

Edit:If I can be serious for a moment.. Foley vs Orton isn't on the list. Mick made Randy in that match and it deserves to be on the poll.

Beer

His match with Undertaker at WM21 quite obviously. It made him a Mega Star. Every one knows it was too early for him to win the World Heavyweight Championship against Benoit. After this match he was cataplted into one of the best feuds of 2005/2006.

Moonlight Drive

Edit:If I can be serious for a moment.. Foley vs Orton isn't on the list. Mick made Randy in that match and it deserves to be on the poll.

I totally agree. The entire feud should be on the list, that Hardcore match is still one of the best matches I've ever seen, and probably in Orton's Top 5 best.

chessarmy

To be honest, I think HBK vs Orton from Unforgiven 2003 really showed that WWE had intentions to make Orton their next big thing. Plus, the match was awesome

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Wrestlemania 24.

Shows like No Mercy when he won the ship, or his match with Foley were good in his career, but Wrestlemania sold him for life. It was pretty surprising because I don't even remember the last time a heel won the Main Event of Wrestlemania. It was pretty sick seeing that happen, because it's history. It was pretty wild seeing him go over the WWE's two biggest draws, and I think people will be referring to it as the night when Orton became a real big draw.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
It has to be his win at WrestleMania 24. It wasn't the best match of his career, but he gave John Cena his first loss at Wrestle Mania, and he beat Triple H, he became one of only like 6 guys to walk in with the WWE Championship and walk out with. It showed that Orton is going to be a main guy.

Out of his best matches, I liked when he faced Benoit at Summer Slam. I was kind of shocked he won and disappointed that Evolution was going to break up, but he had a terrific match.

I thought another good match he was in was the Survivor Series 2003 match. He beat Shawn Michaels to win it for his team and "kill" Steve Austins career.....for about 3 weeks. But still that was a good match as well.

Great thread by the way.

noumenon

A few stand out..but I'de say this past WM. I think a clean win over HHH and Cena did a lot for Orton's credability and really helped further propel his new "Age Of Orton" gimmick.

Cayse

Reaction score
Taker/Orton HIAC.

You probably should had added

Randy Orton vs. Foley for the IC Championship in a Hardcore Match (2004)

That match was greatness.