Randy Orton

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on who is clearly the top heel now in WWE. Personally, I used to really like him when he had the whole cocky, 'age of Orton' thing going on. I think he had a fairly good personality. But since his return at the end of 2008, Legacy, his new music, and the IED angle (which they've now dropped), I think he's gotten pretty boring. He clearly has the in-ring skills and can work the mic when he wants to, but I just get very frustrated watching him sometimes.

Anyone agree or am I on my own?

MikeRaw

I think he's better now than his cocky persona. In fact, it kind of makes me wish he had this persona instead of the cocky persona when he was doing the whole "legend killer" thing. Imagine this persona when he was facing Foley, Taker, and Jake the Snake? Anyway, i much prefer him currently. As a cocky heel, he was good, but was never gonna be THE guy. With this persona, he's come into his own, and he's been carrying Raw alogn with Cena for quite a while now.

JMay187

Reaction score
Yeah I really like Randy Orton now he's so full of himself and the whole IED thing allows him to do outragerous spur of the moment beatdowns. I think that Randy Orton is in his prime at the moment and the whole not letting him go over Triple H at Wrestlemania was bullshit. Just because Triple H lost the last three Wrestlemania's doesn't mean that Orton didn't deserve that win.

Triple H needs to step back from the spotlight and start putting other superstars over.

straight_edge76

Orton is THE heel in the WWE and he has been thought of as the "heel of the future" since 2004 imo. 2009 will be the year of Randy Orton, regardless of what HHH does because we all know he will be in the spotlight for most of 2009 as well.

Klide

the moment when orton lost most of his arrogance was when legacy came along. i personally like the "age of orton" better cause i thought it made more sense and it fitted orton's character. Legacy is kinda of like a rip off of la familia, trying to cheat his way to championships (using cody and ted) but fail. i see legacy as a cheap version of la familia in a way, instead of family its generations.

imported_Eugster

Reaction score
I'm still a big fan of Orton noe but I did prefere the Age Of Orton persona. He is just to much of a coward now.

LKP

Randy Orton my favourite wrestler! He has it all the wrestling skills, mic skills and can make everything look real. He sells well talks well and has the body most guys dream of. I say Orton has the title from backlash to royal rumble 2010 as a long reign. I like this Orton as well as the legendkiller one. When he fought taker in 2005 that was the Orton i liked. This is more of an advanced version of him he is sick and will do anything to win.

Reaction score
He's the first step in the right direction as far as heels go in the E. Too bad he was made to look really weak against Shane (no one has ever looked weak to Shane, EVER) then he totally got squashed in the Mania main event. I wish Trips would just go away. He is everything wrong with the E right now, the fans don't care about him yet he is atop of the card regardless. Yuck.

Orton is quite capable of having good matches,giving heated promos and just oozes heel charisma. He deserves his spot and I wouldn't call him the best heel in the E right now, he's still behind Edge and Jericho IMO. But I'd much rather watch Randy than HHH or Batista, unless the Walking Quad Tear and The Walking Muscle Tear are getting kicked in the head by Randy.

JMay187

Reaction score
Orton is the future of the company he'll be around for awhile and deserves to be.

I really hope they start booking him right. The Legacy should not be used to look week and have to cheat to win. It should have been booked like Evolution just pure talent getting the clear win with great beatdowns after matches to cement Randy Orton as one of the best.

I don't like how he was made to look so weak against Shane. Selling missed punches on Raw really made Orton look like a joke. Triple H is past his prime and he is only where he is because of who he married. Randy Orton would have been on the right track with a win at Mania, now we have to wait and see what happens to him at Backlash.

noumenon

With them sending Jericho off to Smackdown and not bringing Edge to RAW pretty much cements the fact that he's the company's top heel.
His new psychopath gimmick is by far one of my favorite gimmicks ever. I just really don't feel it pairs well with him running a stable right now. The AOR gimmick would have been much better for it.
With that said I love the guy and we're obviously going to see RAW revolve around him for the next year since he's the only big heel left on the brand.

straight_edge76

he is going to be to the WWE's new generation what HHH was to the early 2000's the constant main event heel but I think he is a better heel chasing the championship then he is with it, much like The Rock was in his day as a face. But Orton as a WWE champion for an extended period of time will be a good change of pace, he could use Legacy to keep the belt on him for a good 6-8 month reign.