Randy Orton - The future?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

WWE can easily push MVP's character. Hell, with the correct booking, and I'm sure Michael Hayes could, they could turn the losing streak into a huge push.

However, he is not the future. He's 35 years old, and imo, he'll never be able to get over Orton, Edge and Cena, who are younger and way more over.

Orton, Cena and Edge will be the go to guys. Edge still has a couple of years in him, 5 if not 10 years more. Orton has been around forever and he's not even 30 I think, same for Cena.

Watch out for Ted DiBiase. He must already be very well liked on the inside that he got a movie deal in 4 months of being on the roster

Dwes

Reaction score
Orton is the future he's young, a cemented main eventer, and a character that just works. Right now Randy Orton is one of the best things going in professional wrestling. He's popular, he's talented, and most importantly he's improving. Orton in ring style may bore some but ever since being in the WWE he has produced a quanity of 3 to 4 star matches. He is now decent on the mic.

noumenon

Edge is in his early 30's I believe..... anyway

Agreed... Edge, Orton, Cena...those are the three to watch in the next generation of wrestlers. I mean, they're already on top but they'll still be in their prime when guys like HHH, HBK, Batista, Taker are pushing 50. It's kinda weird to think that HHH will be 40 next year...wow.
Guys like Morrison are still so early on in their career it's tough to gauge. No doubt he's got the look and absolutely incredible ring ability, only time will tell. He's still got so much ground to cover.

Catalyst

Reaction score
^^ I agree but i think in order for Morrison to be even half as interesting as Orton Cena or Edge, he needs to lose the whole "im such a pretty man" character. Dudes annoying to be honest. I watch the shows on my DVR and everytime he comes out i fast forward because his character is such a cheesy pussy. (Same for Miz but he's kinda hopeless anyway so whatever.) I think he should pick up something similar to orton. That guy thats a completely arrogant A**hole but you cant help loving him because he so freaking cool about it.

Airfixx

^^^Effectively assuming Randy Orton's character is not exactly the road to success for a young, potential ME-er such as Morrison.

The 'vain/prettyboy heel' is one who has proved to be very succesful over the years... Adonis, Rude, Martel.... Flair? (just to pluck a few outta the air).... I don't see why you don't think it couldn't work for him (The fact that you find him annoying says to me that it's already working.)

Anyway, on topic... Yeah, Orton is THEE future... I see him outclimbing Cena to eventually become the #1 guy.... At least until the next "future" comes along....

noumenon

I think the company probably already recognizes him as damn near their number one guy. Perhaps not in the sales/ratings/merch way they see Cena but from a technical standpoint and general affinity for the business, yes. There is nothing wrong with Morrison's character...except I think it was a bit of a step back from his Nitro character. He was really starting to come into his own personality...a bit aggressive...innovative. Sorry...really not the place for Morrison discussion...lol.