Randy Orton seen at WWE Performance Center

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
randy-orton-1068x601.webp

Randy Orton has been seen at the WWE Performance Center.

Wrestle Ops on X shared a video of Orton at the WWE Performance Center on Tuesday waving to the fans as he entered the building.

Fightful reports that Orton’s bus had been at the PC and has been around “for quite some time lately.”

Orton has been out of action since May of 2022 due to a back injury, causing him to undergo back fusion surgery. Prior to his injury, he had been teaming regularly with Matt Riddle. Their last match together was when they lost to the Usos in a tag team unification match, unifying both the Raw and SmackDown Tag Team titles.

Back in May, Dave Meltzer wrote the WWE asked him to put out that Orton was not ready to return:

Regarding Randy Orton, on Friday we were told by WWE and actually asked to put out that he was not ready to return for a while due to his recovery from injuries and were told they wanted that out with the idea people shouldn't get their hopes up for an appearance.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As much as I want him back, don't rush it although I hope he's good for the road to WrestleMania.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I’m going to Mania so throw Randy on the show too. The more the merrier.

Reactions: Storm Trooper

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Rev Theory have been milking those rumors daily to promote the remix of his theme song, it's getting old.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I hear voices in my head

that Randy’s career isn’t dead

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Happy to see the Viper around all positives to see him possibly in the Ring again killing it. Orton vs Cody would be my money Match for the down the road for sure.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
When Randy is cleared to return, it would be amusing to just see him randomly walking in the hallways backstage in NXT while someone is cutting a promo. He isn't acknowledged but is clearly visible. Maybe walks up and says "Oh hey!" and walks off.

Not rushing for him to return also. Want to see him completely healthy and good to go. Hopefully Randy vs. Cody does happen.

Last edited:

Tommy Thunder

Reaction score
It's great that he's at least in a position to be able to work out fairly regular again by all accounts. I'm sure it's just a amtter of time until he is cleared, but that's not to say that it needs to be rushed. He's still not that old by today's wrestlers standards so he still has several years left in him if he's healthy. He was doing some of his best work before he was injured too so it's a shame that he had to go away when he did.

Randy vs Cody is a feud that simply has to happen given their extensive history, hopefully that can happen when the title is on Cody.

I'm also fully behind Orton potentially being the guy to break Ric Flair's record of 16 world titles. He needs 3 more world title reigns to break the record, but that's a potentially huge historic moment for WWE to work towards if they want to do that. There's nobody more deserving in my opinion. They won't ever get a chance again to have someone potentially break that record again (though I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte Flair was to break the record from a womens perspective) given that world title reigns tend to last longer these days.