Randy Orton 'Refuses' To Wrestle Bray Wyatt - WWE Book Battle Royal To Determine Number 1 Contender

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

El Curry

Kids See Ghosts
Reaction score
Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton's implosion may not be as close as first thought. The duo engaged in a brief staredown after Bray's WWE Championship victory at Elimination Chamber, and after weeks of toying with the Eater of Worlds, Orton's long-awaited betrayal seemed imminent.

Things took a big twist on SmackDown, however. Wyatt successfully defended his WWE Championship in a three-way match with AJ Styles and John Cena, and Orton came to the ring in the aftermath. Instead of challenging Wyatt, however, Orton pledged his allegiance to his "master," bent the knee, and seemingly refused to face him in Orlando.

General Manager Daniel Bryan followed-up on Talking Smack by stating that next week's SmackDown will feature a number one contender's battle royal, with the winner supposedly facing Wyatt in Orlando. Coupled with Orton's announcement, this had muddied the waters in the WWE Championship scene.

Orton's deception has been on the cards since the moment he first joined the Wyatt Family. Randy vs. Wyatt remains the most likely direction for WrestleMania, but it looks like WWE are set on prolonging the inevitable split. Regardless of what happens in the battle royal, however, Orton's refusal is almost certainly a hoax, and the latest step in his master plan.

Wow this is interesting I was annoyed when Wyatt didn't win the RR since I believed it would be better to have Wyatt win the RR, Orton win at EC then Wyatt has his WM moment, but I guess they didn't do that because they do have greater plans as we see here. My only concern is that Orton is playing all these mind games and I hope it doesn't result in him taking the title from Bray eventually. Cena has the Miz match most likely so I'd say Styles is the favourite to win the Battle Royal or maybe dark horse Luke Harper.

The clip of Orton vowing not to face Bray is below.

Source:

Source: Randy Orton 'Refuses' To Wrestle Bray Wyatt - WWE Book Battle Royal To Determine Number 1 Contender

TheAceOne

The Artiste
Reaction score
My guess is Luke Harper wins. Then Harper and Bray will turn on Orton. Leading to Harper vs Orton for the number one contenders spot at Mania, which Orton wins.

HEELBailey

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My guess is Luke Harper wins. Then Harper and Bray will turn on Orton. Leading to Harper vs Orton for the number one contenders spot at Mania, which Orton wins.

I honestly think I'd prefer Harper vs. Wyatt at Wrestlemania 33, but I doubt WWE creative (or Vince:eek:hyeah:) has the confidence in Harper to main event the biggest stage they got.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

I still have problems believing that Orton is under the influence of Wyatt. I think the biggest issue is just the progression of the feud. Orton was feuding with Wyatt and kept losing due to interference from Luke Harper. So after several losses, he joins the Wyatt Family and almost immediately, seems to be playing Harper and Wyatt against each other. He succeeds in breaking Harper and Wyatt apart.

If Harper and Wyatt turn on Orton, then the entire feud doesn't really make sense to me. Unless, it is revealed that Wyatt KNEW that Orton was only trying to play Harper and Wyatt against each other and they were playing along. So Harper and Wyatt beat Orton to the punch and turn on him after Harper wins the battle royal. So then Orton and Harper fight for the contendership, which Orton wins. I think that would make sense.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I gotta say its one of those moments that left me scratching my head bookingwise. In a way I'm actually looking forward to seeing what route they go with all this lol.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I gotta say its one of those moments that left me scratching my head bookingwise. In a way I'm actually looking forward to seeing what route they go with all this lol.

It's the first angle with Randy Orton that I have been interested in since he was in Evolution. I've never been big on the guy, but it's got me thinking a lot about what direction his character is going to be taken.

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Triple Threat? Harper/Orton/Wyatt? Seeing Luke Harper in the main event scene for a bit can be cool to see.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So, this may turn in to a Wyatt/Orton/Harper triple-threat. Cool.