• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jabroni900

Reaction score
I still don't get what so many like about Orton. His promos are nothing special, and neither is his in ring work. There's absolutely nothing about him, he's just as bland as everyone else on the roster.

He could have a shred of charisma, that might make him the slightest bit interesting.

He has NO appeal, they pushed him for years and no one cared so they turned him into some generic madman heel, but eventually it got so ridiculous people couldn't ignore him any more. Just proves that Vince will do anything for someone he likes.

Evil Austin

The fact that he is full of charisma; can go in the ring and make some classic moments such as him RKO-ing Carlito from the middle rope springboard at Unforgiven 06'.

He is also the most beleivable heel right now and he is neither overated or underated with me. I think he gets what he deserves no more no less.

Airfixx

Jabroni900 REALLY says:

"More catchphrases or backflips please, Mr Orton".

MikeRaw

Just because a guy isn't jumping around saying cheesy catchlines like Cena or HBK or Edge doesn't mean he lacks charisma. it's a different type of charisma.
Ya, he's probably overrated, but not by much. He's still fucking amazing at what he does. His character is very compelling, his mic skills work for his character, and his ring work is above average for a main eventer. Charisma doesn't always have to be in the form or Jericho or Rock.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

First of all he's a heel. He's not supposed to be jumping all around the ring doing flippy this or corkscrew that. His job is to piss off the crowd. If that means wrestling a deliberately slow match than that's what he'll do. It's the baby face job to do all the flashy shit and get the cheers.

noumenon

Is Orton maybe a little bit over rated? Yeah, probably...but as Mike said, not by very much. He's the hottest thing WWE has right now. He's not the kinda guy to spit out cheezy ass catch phrases...his catchphrase is a boot to the side of the fuckin head.
I don't see ANYTHING wrong with his in ring skills. He looks absolutely viscious in the ring. No one "picks" people apart better than Orton.
And how is he in any way shape or form a "generic" heel? Have we ever had a psychopath running around claiming they've got some explosive rage disorder who apparently hears voices in his head?
I don't think many people can deny how great this guy is. How many top heels have we had on a brand that no matter what they do still have their name's chanted on a nightly basis?

The Rated R CMStar

He has NO appeal

Girls, IWC and all the people with his T-shirt beg to differ. Oh, and the fact that people actually cheer him when being a heel.

they pushed him for years and no one cared so they turned him into some generic madman heel

I'll ignore the "nobody cared" part because it's pure BS. As for the rest...please tell me the rest of madman heels that we have seen in the history. I mean, there has to be a lot for you to say they are generic.

I hate this threads. It's one thing you don't like a wrestler, and so you could say "I dont like Randy Orton's mic work or wrestling skills". But to go ahead and say he isn't a good wrestler, trying to make it seem as a fact, is rather stupid.

Jabroni900

Reaction score
Just because a guy isn't jumping around saying cheesy catchlines like Cena or HBK or Edge doesn't mean he lacks charisma. it's a different type of charisma.
Ya, he's probably overrated, but not by much. He's still fucking amazing at what he does. His character is very compelling, his mic skills work for his character, and his ring work is above average for a main eventer. Charisma doesn't always have to be in the form or Jericho or Rock.

Orton never got anyone consistently interested in him until he kicked Michaels in the head and supposedly ended his career. He didn't even get any benefit from saying Eddie Guerrero was in hell, which gave him a one time heat reaction, then he still came out to no one caring.

Jabroni900

Reaction score

This logic is stupid. You either have charisma or you don't. Nothing to do with your character. Look at Hogan. Arguably the most charismatic wrestler of all time - played the American Hero and the Hollywood Heel and oozed an unbelievable amount of charisma in both. What about Shawn Michaels? Cocky, asshole heel in 1997 - was amazingly charismatic - yet look at his promo this week on RAW 12 years later as a babyface? Still reeks of charisma. Ric Flair. Stone Cold,. All played both faces and heels and oozed charisma. Same goes for Roddy Piper. Dusty Rhodes. All the most charismatic wrestlers you can think of. Oh, did I forget about The Rock?

Orton doesn't have charisma, and wouldn't regardless of any character he played. He's just... a bland person.

He can't just hide behind his gimmick. He's like the modern day Dean Malenko.

The Rated R CMStar

Orton never got anyone consistently interested in him until he kicked Michaels in the head and supposedly ended his career. He didn't even get any benefit from saying Eddie Guerrero was in hell, which gave him a one time heat reaction, then he still came out to no one caring

One time heat? I seriously recomend you to go ahead and check your Wrestlemania 22 DVD and see how people were into Orton. While you're at it, you can go ahead and check the boos he got during feuding with Taker and the amazing heat he got during his lame feud with Kurt Angle.

Markz

Reaction score
The very fact you are pissed off at orton, means that he is every bit of a genius he has been hailed. His job is to make you hate him, and you do, so much so that you created a thread dedicated to hating him!!

Also after watching his promo on Stephanie McMahon (The one where shane comes out and "kicks his ass") I have to disagree that his promo skills are bad.

CenaMark54

Orton never got anyone consistently interested in him until he kicked Michaels in the head and supposedly ended his career. He didn't even get any benefit from saying Eddie Guerrero was in hell, which gave him a one time heat reaction, then he still came out to no one caring.

That whole thing is just laughable. Don't take your beliefs and try to project them onto everyone else. Just because you are not interested in Orton, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same.

Also, I am under the belief that you actually are interested in Orton. Why else would you create a thread about him? If Orton was reading this right now, I believe he would laugh because he caught you, hook, line, and sinker.

Judging by the amount of Orton threads on this and other forums, I would say that he is currently the most talked about wrestler in the world right now. And its been like that for at least the last year. Obviously there are a shitload of people interested in him.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Jabroni, why do you feel the constant need to come on just to make Blue threads where you get pwnt?

seX-Power

Cenamark54 said:
Also, I am under the belief that you actually are interested in Orton. Why else would you create a thread about him? If Orton was reading this right now, I believe he would laugh because he caught you, hook, line, and sinker.

I hate people that say this. Maybe he made the thread because he hates Orton and wants to try and convince us to do the same. I'm not supporting the BS he is saying but people saying this proves nothing really.