Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kraynor3

Reaction score
It's disappointing to me, from a booking standpoint, to see Colt fed to Lynn so early in his return.

He really is a much more credible champion, and a triumphant return title run would be a lot bigger draw than their "last run"/ 'The Wrestler" thing they're doing with Lynn.

PeepShow

I forgot to ask during my review of the ROH show in Chicago, but why do people hate Todd Sinclair?

kraynor3

Reaction score
I'm not sure.

Maybe because he's the head ref, and is always the guy on the spot when it's time for a ref to blow a big call, but he's always been booed.

Turner has nowhere near the same heat.

Soulpower

Austin Aries has tasted the gold once before. As a capper to an incredible debut year in 2004, Aries ended the historic title reign of Samoa Joe at “Final Battle 2004” and carried the belt for just shy of 6 months before losing the title to CM Punk. In that half-year, Aries defeated Colt Cabana on two occasions (once in a steel cage), he beat Joe in a rematch, Homicide, Alex Shelley, and Bryan Danielson all fell to the leader of Generation Next. He took the belt internationally and successfully defended against Kevin Steen, Super Crazy, and Ares among others. For 6 months, Aries was one of the hardest working champions in ROH history as nearly every week of his title reign he defended the belt somewhere.

But since he lost the belt at “Death Before Dishonor III”, Aries has been unable to attain the belt for a second time. He challenged Bryan Danielson on two occasions, Morishima once, Nigel McGuinness on two occasions, and has faced Jerry Lynn on HDNet as part of a Four Way with Bryan Danielson and Tyler Black. In each of these opportunities, Aries has come within a hair of become the first two-time World Champion in ROH’s history but as the saying goes…only in horseshoes and hand grenades.

As for Jerry Lynn, well he is no stranger to World title opportunities. He also challenged Nigel McGuinness on two occasions, before finally securing that elusive victory at “Supercard of Honor IV” in his third shot, and came up just short each time. Lynn was even part of the original ROH Title tournament at “Road to the Title” where he lost to AJ Styles in the first round.

But now Lynn is in the same position that Aries found himself in 2005, the position of champion. Jerry is now the hunted, the target, the man whom everyone wants a piece of in order to get that ROH World Title. As of this writing Lynn has managed to turn back six separate challenges, with two of those defenses being in Four Way matches. No one can dispute that he has indeed been a fighting champion. And regardless of how some faction of the ROH faithful may respond to him, Lynn will continue to go out and give it his all every night.

Now their paths will cross one more time in NYC at the Hammerstein Ballroom on June 13th. Even though Aries was absent from the recent events in Boston & Edison, as you will see in the next ROH Video Wire, his “stooges” of Kenny King & Rhett Titus were out in full force. But Lynn has a special challenge for Aries and his boys heading into Philadelphia.

In New York City, Aries looks to become a 2-time champion, the first in ROH history, while Jerry Lynn aims to further establish his legacy as World Champion and prove any of his doubters wrong.

dark patriot

Reaction score
I like Lynn as champ although I dont expect him to be champ for too long. Ive wanted Aries to get another title reign for a long time so i wouldnt be sad if he won the strap. I would like for Rave and Claudio to get title shots at JL before he loses.

Soulpower

The June 26th Detroit show just got even better!

Added to a card that already included Tyler Black vs Jimmy Jacobs in a cage, is Bryan Danielson and KENTA teaming up to face The American Wolves for the ROH Tag Team Titles.

Here's the current card for that show.

Main Event #1- Steel Cage Match
Tyler Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs

Main Event #2- World Tag Team Title Match
The American Wolves (if still champions) defend vs. Bryan Danielson & KENTA

Grudge Match
Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli

Tag Team Action
Rhett Titus & Kenny King vs. Erick Stevens & Brent Albright

Qwake

Whoa, that show is looking pretty good already, I wonder how Nigel will do, good to see he will be back in action soon. Once they throw Lynn, Aries, Strong and Briscoe on the card it should look even better.

Soulpower

Tyler Black vs KENTA has been added to the show in Chicago Ridge.

PeepShow

Sounds pretty good. Any mention of if Flair will actually be on the shows?

Soulpower

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair will be in Chicago Ridge for a special meet & greet autograph session from 5:30-7:30 PM.
Autograph tickets are $30 for the first item and $20 each additional item PER PERSON!!! You must have a live event ticket for the wrestling show in order to enter the autograph session.

That's all I could find. My guess is he'll do the autograph signing, but won't actually be a part of the show. Although, there's always the slight chance that he'll do a promo in front of the fans (Though it wouldn't be taped).

Ballin

Reaction score
This is Random ROH Talk so...here goes some randomness.

I don't get Smackdown on my tv anymore so I either have to stream it or download it well, I've seen the main event so I'm downloading the rest. While I'm waiting Im going to watch This Means War II...Win right?

Soulpower

Here's the updated card for the Detroit and Chicago shows on the 26th and 27th of this month.

Detroit, MI- June 26th:

Main Event #1- Steel Cage Match
Tyler Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs

Main Event #2- World Tag Team Title Match
The American Wolves (if still champions) defend vs. Bryan Danielson & KENTA

Grudge Match
Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli

Non Title Six Man Mayhem Match
ROH World Champion Austin Aries vs. Joey Ryan vs. Delirious vs. Petey Williams vs. Sami Callihan vs. Rasche Brown

Supercard of Honor IV Rematch
D-Lo Brown vs. Colt Cabana

Special Challenge Match
Rhett Titus & Kenny King vs. Erick Stevens & Brent Albright

Tag Team Action
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Josh Raymond & Christin Able

Chicago Ridge, IL- June 27th

Main Event #1- ROH World Title Match
Austin Aries defends vs. Nigel McGuinness

Main Event #2- ROH vs. NOAH Dream Match
Tyler Black vs. KENTA

Stipulation Match
The American Wolves with Shane Hagadorn vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico
*If Steen & Generico win they get another tag title shot. If The Wolves win, Steen & Generico can never again challenge them for the belts.

Chicago Street Fight
Colt Cabana & Brent Albright vs. Claudio Castagnoli & Joey Ryan

Special Challenge Match
Bryan Danielson vs. D-Lo Brown

Special Attraction
Kenny King vs. Petey Williams

Six Man Mayhem Match
Rhett Titus vs. Delirious vs. Egotistico Fantastico vs. Sami Callihan vs. Alex Payne vs. Silas Young

Singles Action
“Skullkrusher” Rasche Brown vs. Erick Stevens

PeepShow

Pretty fucking awesome card.

If Flair cuts a promo too, that would make my night.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I know I haven't watched wrestling in a long time, but ROH really doesn't excite me now. Nothing really screams exciting, it all looks the same to me now. Maybe someone can help me out on what's happened with ROH since SOHIV?