Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rohfirsttimer

Reaction score
I have General Audience tickets to the third PPV taping in Chicago. Where should I sit for the best possible view without any sitting infront of me.

Montana

I'd get there early first off. Second, you got too options. If you want no one in front of you sit on a diangonal to the ring. so you should be a lil off center to the ring post. I had those sits, and had a perfect view. Plus Colt Cabana, Pearce, Albright, and Homicide brawled right in front of me. The other option, which might be the best viewing angle, is front and center on teh top seat. Not sure how thats set up in Chicago, but none the less. your in store fora great show. Thats my advice. Get there early, and see which one fits you best.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
OK i've juist recently decided to start buying the ROH DVD's instead of downloading it from Torrent websites, for mainly ethical reason's.

I'm ordering Respect Is Earned tonight on DVD...

What i wanted to know was does anybody know the exact date Driven get's released on DVD. I kinda figured it would be like in the next month or two sometime but i'd rather know exactly so i can pre-order it or somethnig like that.

Montana

They haven't set a date yet, but i would assume November. Basically they release it a few weeks after the ppv finishes airing. It run about 1 month.

Soulpower

What i wanted to know was does anybody know the exact date Driven get's released on DVD.

It will be released on October 29th.

PeepShow

Ok, when say a person like Matt Hardy comes to ROH like he did a couple years back, how do they book the matches. I thought they weren't allowed to go to other promotions while under contract with another company. But anyways, is it booked any differently than another match?

Rell

Reaction score
Ring Of Honor contracted wrestlers can wrestle anywhere which is why we sometimes see strange things like Bryan Danielson holding the PWG championship. Matt Hardy was released and chose to accept Ring Of Honor dates. He was re-signed soon after, but still had an ROH date on the table I believe. It was the same thing with Jamie Noble. At the time, he had signed a WWE contract & was ROH champion. He was basically a WWE contracted wrestler wearing ROH gold. I'm pretty sure WWE allowed this.

As far as booking, I'm pretty sure its booked the same as any other match.

Soulpower

Peep this... Much like the Random Indy talk, except its for ROH. You can still ask questions if you have any.

Qwake

Damn, what do you guys think about AOTF winning the tag titles after beating Steenerico in the finals of the one night tournament? I think it sucks :(

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Tyler Black has really grown on me for the past couple of shows I've seen. He's just a complete beast, and he could be a guy to watch in a couple of years.

And I get to see Marufuji and MCMG on 8/2 at the Hammerstein.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Damn, what do you guys think about AOTF winning the tag titles after beating Steenerico in the finals of the one night tournament? I think it sucks :(

From a heat standpoint I think it works. Obviously they are the top heels in the company. However because they are the top heels (and so good at it) they really didn't need the belts to get over.

Qwake

-"Death Before Dishonor VI" will be a one night event this year. It will be August 2nd at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan, NY. The first two matches signed are Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin and Naomichi Marufuji vs. Go Shiozaki.

^ holy shit, I just saw this, these matches are huge!!! Steenerico Vs MCMG will be match of the year for me :)

thoughts?

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
-"Death Before Dishonor VI" will be a one night event this year. It will be August 2nd at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan, NY. The first two matches signed are Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin and Naomichi Marufuji vs. Go Shiozaki.

^ holy shit, I just saw this, these matches are huge!!! Steenerico Vs MCMG will be match of the year for me :)

thoughts?

I'm going to be there live, got third row balcony seats this time. it really should be a great show, DBD Weekend is always good. The next couple of shows look good too, except for Pearce vs McGuinness.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I just watched Final Battle 2007, and I've got to say that I was kinda dissapointed with the DVD. What are your thoughts on it?

edgehead09

Reaction score
ok, so August first ROH will in Manassas, Virginia and i plan to go. Now can someone please catch me up on storyline cause i have no way to watch ROH and my mom wont let me get the DVDs