Random prediction based on Rock's statement.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
It would be one of the biggest drawing matches of all time. Out of anyone in the roster at the moment they are the two biggest stars outside of WWE.

No doubt, but that's not the point surely? How did Rock and Stone Cold get over? They mixed it up with the legends from their time and shined through and went over. Same with all the big names. Cena was the same. Now WWE has the two biggest stars associated with WWE in the world, Brock Lesnar and Rock. Massive draws, massive global stars. You still have Cena, the biggest WWE star and another global star. THe current "Rock" you can say. Instead of building the future and creating new stars, you use Rock and Brock to face each other again? Sure, it'd get a lot of PPV buys. Then what? Are the new WWE fans who come because of that match going to stay when next month it's Punk vs Ziggler that main events. They'll be like whodafuk?

Rock v Brock I really don't think is happening.

Dolph'sZiggler said:
It would without a doubt sell more PPVs than any other match WWE could put on. Crayo is just too smarkish for his own good and only approves of things he thinks will benefit the company 'long term'

You agree with me, don't pretend you don't. And to be honest, I doubt it'd sell more than Cena v Rock.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Censorious said:
No doubt, but that's not the point surely? How did Rock and Stone Cold get over? They mixed it up with the legends from their time and shined through and went over. Same with all the big names. Cena was the same. Now WWE has the two biggest stars associated with WWE in the world, Brock Lesnar and Rock. Massive draws, massive global stars. You still have Cena, the biggest WWE star and another global star. THe current "Rock" you can say. Instead of building the future and creating new stars, you use Rock and Brock to face each other again? Sure, it'd get a lot of PPV buys. Then what? Are the new WWE fans who come because of that match going to stay when next month it's Punk vs Ziggler that main events. They'll be like whodafuk?

You agree with me, don't pretend you don't. And to be honest, I doubt it'd sell more than Cena v Rock.

I absolutely think it would outsell Cena/Rock.

And idk if I agree with you; I'd really have to think about it. I think Rock/Brock would be pretty goddamn awesome.

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo i do they will not let cena loose at Mania again for a while if cena wins he should get more fans on his side bringing in more money

#YesYesYes

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Censorious said:

I just don't think the WWE shouldpass up on probably a once in a lifetime oppurtunity in Brock vs Rock, the storyline is there, after Brock basically defeated him so he left WWE.

They will bring more attention to the PPV, meaning that the up and coming stars will get more exposure. E.G: If Punk beats Triple H (If he's still wrestling, not sure he will be?) there will be a lot more people watching, and folk will notice and view CM Punk as a big star.

Also, for a star like Lesnar or Rock to put over a younger wrestler and for the younger wrestler to main event, they need credibility. The only up and comer at the moment who has the credibility, is probably Punk. The WWE need to actually build them up, they can't just stick some young guy in the main event and have him beat Rock or Brock, they need to have some starpower to make it look realistic.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
I just don't think the WWE shouldpass up on probably a once in a lifetime oppurtunity in Brock vs Rock, the storyline is there, after Brock basically defeated him so he left WWE.

They will bring more attention to the PPV, meaning that the up and coming stars will get more exposure. E.G: If Punk beats Triple H (If he's still wrestling, not sure he will be?) there will be a lot more people watching, and folk will notice and view CM Punk as a big star.

Also, for a star like Lesnar or Rock to put over a younger wrestler and for the younger wrestler to main event, they need credibility. The only up and comer at the moment who has the credibility, is probably Punk. The WWE need to actually build them up, they can't just stick some young guy in the main event and have him beat Rock or Brock, they need to have some starpower to make it look realistic.

You answered your own query. If Dolph was built up as a legitimately good wrestler who keeps winning and put him up against Rock, you have a new star. Most Rock fans are also Brock fans, I don't see there being a mass amount more buys just because it's Brock vs Rock instead of Brock vs Cena. If it was Brock vs Cena at WM and Rock vs Miz/Punk/Dolph, wouldn't that be better?

What does Brock/Rock achieve? Seriously? If Brock goes over then wow, well done Brock and bye bye forever. If Rock goes over, wow, well done Rock, and bye bye forever. WWE doesn't gain. Fans gain for one match, then they'll go since there's no stars to watch for now. All this "More eyes on lower talent if they go head to head" in my opinion is not how it goes. It means more eyes not caring about the lower card and only tuning in for the main event.