Raffi Vangelion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAL

Reaction score
Gimmick Name: Raffi Vangelion
Nickname: "The Gospel"
Billed From: Boston, Massachusetts
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 215 lbs
Alignment (Heel/Face/Tweener): Tweener (for now)
Appearance (Sample pic included, preferably a real wrestler): Shawn Daivari (I can only find a picture of him in a red shirt, sorry)

shawndaivari.jpeg

EDIT: better picture, I think

Khosrow_Daivari_-_Shawn_Daivari_04.jpg

Entrance Theme: Bon Iver: "Perth"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo6lKQYVUBU
(start at about 2:26)

Entrance Description: "Perth" by Bon Iver plays over the speakers as Raffi Vangelion slowly walks onto the stage wearing a white suit, eyes closed, arms outstretched, like he's giving himself up. He maintains this pose all the way down the ramp to the ring, a spotlight following his every move. He slides into the ring and gets back up to his feet. He refuses to acknowledge the crowd. Raffi walks into the nearest corner and removes his jacket and shirt, leaving his white slacks on for the match. He walks back out to the center of the ring, raises his arms out, and lifts his face toward the heavens with a smirk.

Chracteristics of the Gimmick: Raffi has a Messiah Complex. He has a unique perspective of the world, especially religion and American culture, and he's not ashamed to talk about it. In fact, he likes to seek out the biggest audiences he can for his speeches. He truly believes the attention he gets with his outlandish tactics is worth it for the right cause.

Regular Moves: Generally, Raffi will target the neck and back of his opponent. He relies on speed and craftiness above strength. Picking opponents up will be kept to a minimum.

1. Running Neckbreaker
2. Shining Wizard
3. Running knee to the back (opponent facing turnbuckle)
4. Rolling single-leg Boston crab
5. Snap suplex
6. Springboard second rope elbow drop
7. Lariat to back of opponent's head
8. Rebound dropkick
9. Powerbomb (to smaller opponents)
10. Pop-up European uppercut (to smaller opponents)
11. Surfboard (to smaller opponents)
12. Chop block to the knee (to larger opponents)
13. Heel hook (to larger opponents)
14. Half nelson + knees to the ribs
15. Standing senton splash

Signature Moves:

1. Springboard spinning wheel kick
2. "Convenient Lie" Figure-4 neck lock, hanging from the ropes
3. Leaping DDT (Mickie James' finish)

Finisher Moves:

1. "Descent From on High" (Shiranui into a Backcracker)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTh3wAOLwLU
2. "The Clutches" (Diamond cutter into a Dragon Clutch)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mx0H_vFEKI

Sample RP:

I will get to this very soon. It's late and I just wanted to get this idea down for a character. For the time being, here's an RP I wrote in another fed for a character somewhat similar to Raffi.

--------------------------

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."

The Declaration of Independence. The most famous document in American history. In the two years I spent studying law, I never once was required to read it. It's not an official document, and it doesn't actually afford American citizens any rights. However, on my first day of class, skimming a book containing the Constitution, selected Federal laws, and rules of civil procedure, I happened upon it. I read it every day. Every single day, all 1,328 words of it, again and again. I remember meeting the puzzled stare of the girl sitting next to me in Property class every day that first semester. Every once in a while I would find something new in that document that caught my attention. I insist today that you read it and think about it. It is the most astounding, the most out of place, the most inaccurate thing I have ever read. Of course, all you Americans worship it.

Like most parents, mine have a book filled with photos of me as an infant. Unlike most parents, they have a photo of their year-old son reading the newspaper.

I was born equal to you?

You have as much right as I to the pursuit of happiness?

Everything in today's society is centered around the notion of worth. How much does this jacket cost? My, that's a nice car! This doesn't work well enough. We judge everything. We even judge each other. That girl isn't pretty enough to be a model. He's not smart enough to run this company. Yet, we never judge ourselves. We feel content hiding behind a 233-year-old document that tells us we're...all...equal. No, we're not. I cannot allow myself to pretend to believe that.

I live among you. I walk the streets you live on. I watch you, and I see no direction. I see no purpose. What bothers me most is that I don't see any dissatisfaction, either. Was I born with a gift? Absolutely. That's not what's relevant. I did something with my gift. There are too many of you leaving your gifts wrapped, doing nothing with your lives. The people I see. The old man who lives next to me cashes his Social Security check and takes it to the convenience store to spend it on scratch tickets. The single mother of three who cashes her Welfare check and spends a good portion of it on smokes. The teenager who decides not to go to college just because he's tired of going to school. He'll be collecting unemployment in a couple of years. There will always be someone to help you. I refuse. I judge you as I judge myself, and I deem you unworthy. Unfortunately, I can't change the world. All I can do is spite you. I've used my gifts, and I've done more with them than you ever will. Now, I enter the GWF: Genesis ring. I will stand across from Insaniac, in the center of a horde of men and women, all of them ready to witness pain and suffering, all in the pursuit of happiness. If I can't be happy, neither can you. Oh, you'll see pain. You'll see suffering. You'll see the men you idolize in the throes of agony I would inflict on each of you if I could.

With that, you probably wonder what my problem is. The truth is that I don't know. The greater truth is that I don't care. You are not worth my time.