R-Truth: Can he stop stalling?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Well it seems like the WWE don't know what to do with R-Truth. He seems to be in the midst of a push but still lingers in the mid-card with nothing to do. He's gotten wins over Mike Knox and Shelton Benjamin and a big rub through working with Chris Jericho, yet they still seem to have nothing for him. I think it's time to pull the trigger and start Truth's ascension on Smackdown. I don't like him as a wrestler but he's got enough ring and mic skills to be successful. Not to mention that he is over as fuck with the crowd, especially the kids.

A few questions to ponder:

Do you think the WWE should push Truth?

What are your thoughts on his current standing on Smackdown?

How far do you think he could go on the blue brand?

PeepShow

I might care for him and take him seriously if I could just understand what the fuck he says when he sings. The only thing I can ever understand him say is WHATS UP.

Reaction score
i remember him in a tna match against scott hall. Before the match he took the mic and told the tna fans: " if i suck , you swallow". Maybe they should allow him to use offensive language, attitude era style, instead of saying what's up all the time.

Evil Austin

I can understand more then just whats up but still the majority is just a quick, somethingsomethingcompetitionsomethingsomethingsomethingWHATS UP. really fast.

Either way personally he has the skills to go through and be up in the top area but I wouldn't do it on the blue brand, I would do it on ECW and then when he is established there move him over to the blue brand or red brand main event, both brands main events are pretty stacked and full and he would just get pushed aside unless more then half were injured in one go.

By the way I still think it is only a matter of months (maybe before dec 09) before he is fired again, I just see him with some drug problems or the same matter he was fired with back in 2001 when he teamed up with Road Dogg.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I think he is worth a great push but not on SD, lets face it, as much as Vince hates it Smackdown is slowly turning into the A show. I personally think that "selling' his contract to ECW and giving him a huge push there would be the best. He just doesn't fit in with the Smackdown main event imo. ECW could be a good start for him to transition to RAW.

Beer Money Army

Well it seems like the WWE don't know what to do with R-Truth. He seems to be in the midst of a push but still lingers in the mid-card with nothing to do. He's gotten wins over Mike Knox and Shelton Benjamin and a big rub through working with Chris Jericho, yet they still seem to have nothing for him. I think it's time to pull the trigger and start Truth's ascension on Smackdown. I don't like him as a wrestler but he's got enough ring and mic skills to be successful. Not to mention that he is over as fuck with the crowd, especially the kids.

A few questions to ponder:

Do you think the WWE should push Truth?

What are your thoughts on his current standing on Smackdown?

How far do you think he could go on the blue brand?

WWE shouldnt push Truth.

Truth suits being a Midcarder

Well my problems with Truth is his one dimension character skills. I.e. having the what's up song since 2006, why hasn't he produce any other good songs. (yeah the crowd might love him well, but he has had that song for 3 years now. He needs to make up more material to gain my popularity.) Plus he needs to say more than What's Up.

His wrestling within the ring hasn't stepped up. His flying forearm is probably one of the worst forearms i seen, If you watch closely half of the time it hit's the wrestler head or doesn't really connect onto the other wrestler properely.

He got trhe entertainment thing gooiong good now, But tbh as i said before, His entertainment is very one dimenison, (sort of similiar to petey williams but with petey all he had was his canaidan destoryer, then people got bored of him. TNA should never got scott d'amore off his side). But R-truth needs to write some more rap material and maybe i don't WWE could a music video or even a hip hop album.

But for his wrestling ability, it isn't anything special at all.

Reaction score
i still think they should allow him to talk trash. truth has heel written all over him. he would have fitted more in the attitude era than the current wwe product.

Airfixx

A natural heel????

....He strikes me as a grinning idiot with a rediculous (yet still face-like) move-set.

I think we're seeing him pushed to being a true mid-carder now, but don't beleive he's got what it takes to climb any higher.

chessarmy

The only way he can get a push to the main event is if he breaks away from the rapping gimmick. All he says is "whats up", I'd like to see him cut a real promo. The problem is WWE needs to solidify his character as something other than random black guy who raps on his way to the ring. Once they do that, R-Truth can definitely do some special things on Smackdown!

Airfixx

^^^He's done a couple of segments on the mic in recent weeks and is now rockin' the catchphrase "That's the truth, the whole truth & nothin' but the... TRUUUUTH".

...Still sucks when the bell sounds tho'.

seX-Power

Number one issue is that shitty finisher of his. Seriously, a clothesline would hurt more than that flippy gay forearm that doesn't even make contact. Bring back the epic scissors kick or at least something like a diving flippy move. Something that looks like it hurts please.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I dislike R Truth, everything about him. I hate seeing him in a WWE ring. Dude needs to go, imo. But they love him, and the fans eat him up :smh so I doubt we'll see WWE let him go.

Dayne

Reaction score
WWE shouldnt push Truth.

Truth suits being a Midcarder

Well my problems with Truth is his one dimension character skills. I.e. having the what's up song since 2006, why hasn't he produce any other good songs. (yeah the crowd might love him well, but he has had that song for 3 years now. He needs to make up more material to gain my popularity.) Plus he needs to say more than What's Up.

His wrestling within the ring hasn't stepped up. His flying forearm is probably one of the worst forearms i seen, If you watch closely half of the time it hit's the wrestler head or doesn't really connect onto the other wrestler properely.

He got trhe entertainment thing gooiong good now, But tbh as i said before, His entertainment is very one dimenison, (sort of similiar to petey williams but with petey all he had was his canaidan destoryer, then people got bored of him. TNA should never got scott d'amore off his side). But R-truth needs to write some more rap material and maybe i don't WWE could a music video or even a hip hop album.

But for his wrestling ability, it isn't anything special at all.

I guess John Cena's, Batista's, Edge's, Undertaker's, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H's aren't old either?