R.L. Stine's Goosebumps to be adapted into a film

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Hollywood Reporter said:
Screenwriter Carl Ellsworth is carving a niche for himself writing movies about kids in jeopardy.

The "Red Dawn" and "Disturbia" co-writer has come aboard to write the screenplay for a live-action feature adaptation of the R.L. Stine book series "Goosebumps" for Columbia. Neal Moritz is producing through his Original Film banner with Deborah Forte of Scholastic Entertainment.

Scholastic publishes the hugely popular kids' horror books, which number in the dozens and have sold more than 300 million copies worldwide, second only to the "Harry Potter" series in total sales. Columbia picked up film rights to the series in May 2008 and is looking at a family-driven potential franchise.

The property has spawned video games, TV shows, additional book series and straight-to-video films, but this would be the first big-screen treatment. Screenwriters Larry Karaszewski and Scott Alexander ("1408") previously worked on adapting the material.

Ellsworth, repped by ICM and the Shuman Co., co-wrote last year's remake of "The Last House on the Left," "Disturbia" and "Red Eye." He also co-wrote the script for the upcoming remake of "Red Dawn," which has had its release postponed as studio owner MGM has struggled through a restructuring.

I loved these books as a kid. They were excellent stories and fantastic for children (pre-teens if you want). I read so many of these books when I was at school and they were always popular in the library and also when they would have book sales at the library. I also remember watching the television show that they made based on these stories. I can't remember any specific stories anymore as it has been many years since I saw it but I think that the best idea would be to merge a few stories.

Was anyone else a fan of these books when they were younger?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Yeah, I loved these books. Had loads of them, and a few videos too.

I remember one being set in the Tower of London, or something along those lines. That was a pretty spooky video to watch when you're a kid.

May see the film just for the nostalgia of it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Goosebumps were something I read in my youth, they weren't scary. But than again, I grew up watching horror movies so, nothing really scares me. And I remember the TV show, ugh.....Are You Afraid of The Dark was 10x better.

Why not just bring back Tales From The Crypt? atleast the show would be edgy. Goosebumps was as tame as it gets.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Goosebumps were something I read in my youth, they weren't scary. But than again, I grew up watching horror movies so, nothing really scares me. And I remember the TV show, ugh.....Are You Afraid of The Dark was 10x better.

Why not just bring back Tales From The Crypt? atleast the show would be edgy. Goosebumps was as tame as it gets.

Agree for the most part that they weren't scary. The vast majority were more weird than anything else (such as the one with the dad who becomes a plant, or something like that).

There was only that one which I found scary, and as I mentioned, it was a TV show episode set in some sort of Tower. I can't remember much more than that. :p