Quick cure for flu/colds?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

What do you guys do when you get a flu? Any tips on how to get rid of it quickly? I feel so damn tired when it starts to spread and then get a high fever and well... then... lay on my bed and listen to music. Medicine works for me but takes so damned long.

It's annoying, lasts for around a week or so. Tips?

the dark knight

- turn off teh air conditioner and fan or whatever you got there
- wear winter clothes
- keep sweating your ass off all day and night, even try to sleep with it
- lotsa soup, steaming hot
- lotsa hot drinks, try mixing honey+lemonade
- panadol cold n flu :p

you should be fine in 2 days tops, always works for me.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
It's all in your mind C4, if you dont believe you're sick, you wont be.

C4

If it works for you, imagine what it would do for me. :p

Tried that, does nothing really.

- turn off teh air conditioner and fan or whatever you got there
- wear winter clothes
- keep sweating your ass off all day and night, even try to sleep with it
- lotsa soup, steaming hot
- lotsa hot drinks, try mixing honey+lemonade

you should be fine in 2 days tops, always works for me.

Thanks. I'll have some soup now.

It's all in your mind C4, if you dont believe you're sick, you wont be.

Lol. Sure.

John

im fighting a cold right now, they're soooo annoying. i would appreciate some tips as well.

Thanks TDK, any more?

noumenon

So does a hot shower...lol.
I wouldn't recommend eating buffalo wings while your sick.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Aspirin, Tylenol or the like plus sleep. If you can't sleep swig some NyQuil. Folk remedies are psychosomatic so unless you've been conditioned to believe in them they won't work.

Wrestling Station

Antibiotics nowadays dont fight the disease as it used to. The bodies are almost immunized and got its antigens against the antibiotics. So its always good if you try to use different techniques from time to time.

To tell you the truth about flu, in our language as medicals when we talk about the flu condition, we say that if you take medicine you will be cured within 7 days, and if you dont use medicine; you will be cured in a week! lol. So in reality you will be cured in a matter of a week time whether you use drugs or not for the flu TBH. (the drugs and vitamins, hot drinks good sleep etc are just to minimize the pain or tiredness you will experience during that disease. SHHHH dont tell anyone about this secret as the private sector of pharmaceuticals will sue me for their loss!

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I had Swine Flu. When I went to the emergency room, the doctors simply told me to take hot showers to breathe in the steam. Get plenty of sleep (NyQuil induced out of necessity) and take lots of Motrin (aka non aspirine pain killers).

Seriously, that's it. Shower, Sleep, Pain Killers. For Swine Flu of all things.

C4

also if you have a sore throat gargle with warm salty water 3 or 4 times a day..it really helps.

That works really well with me. :y:

Yesterday morning I woke up and had this weird dry throat, so damned dry. It felt really bad.. even after drinking water/ coffee it was dried out, I had a strepsils and that didn't do any good either.

I tried this out and my throat felt so smooth instantly. But water was there all over my shirt. lol.

Wordlife

yeah the gargling works

Also, Inhaling steam lubricates nose and throat linings helps too... get a humidifier and sit by it for like 20 mins, have it pointed towards to... it works trust me. The more you do it, the more likely the steamed air will flesh out the sickness

Don't think I'm crazy, I read this somewhere, and I did it when I was sick, and the cold/flu went away like a day later. Trust me