Question The King: Pro Wrestling Input

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'll be honest, I'm jacking Jim/HF's swag with this thread. Basically, it's an 'Ask...' thread where you folks on Pulse ask me how I feel about events in pro wrestling, past and present, or booking (ie how I'd book it, etc) and whatever else you see fit. Simply out of curiosity really. Truthfully, I'm not as wise as Jim, nor do most of you care as much about my opinion as much as Jim's but I like to feel important so bare with me!

Now let's just establish a few things ahead of time.

My favorite wrestlers of all time are: Ric Flair, Macho Man, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Sting, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho and CM Punk

Some of the topics I know must about are: 80's WWF, 90's WCW and WWF and a little SMW and USWA, early ECW, modern WWE, TNA, 2006-2012 ROH, PWG, and 2006-2012 Chikara

Now feel free to unload any random questions you have that you would like for me to answer!

Reactions: 1 person

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
How different would the WWE be if Brock had never left?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Drastically different. It's no coincidence that Lesnar left at WrestleMania XX and that Cena and Batista won their first world championships at WrestleMania 21. He forced the WWE to come up with some new megastars in his absence. We all know how meteoric WM 21's impact would come to be. Picture the past 8 years without Cena and/or Batista's domination. Of course it was evident that they were both main event bound but Lesnar was so huge from the second he debuted, he wasn't going to be pushed aside by these two. Instead of the actual WM matches we got, we could have seen Lesnar vs Michaels, Lesnar vs Orton, Lesnar vs Taker and Lesnar vs Rock even. Of course there are any number of scenarios that could have taken place, but Lesnar in WWE means a lot more star power and a lot less of a monopoly on the main event scene for so many years by Cena and Batista like we saw. No doubt.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Drastically different. It's no coincidence that Lesnar left at WrestleMania XX and that Cena and Batista won their first world championships at WrestleMania 21. He forced the WWE to come up with some new megastars in his absence. We all know how meteoric WM 21's impact would come to be. Picture the past 8 years without Cena and/or Batista's domination. Of course it was evident that they were both main event bound but Lesnar was so huge from the second he debuted, he wasn't going to be pushed aside by these two. Instead of the actual WM matches we got, we could have seen Lesnar vs Michaels, Lesnar vs Orton, Lesnar vs Taker and Lesnar vs Rock even. Of course there are any number of scenarios that could have taken place, but Lesnar in WWE means a lot more star power and a lot less of a monopoly on the main event scene for so many years by Cena and Batista like we saw. No doubt.

Lesnar vs Rock happened at Summerslam 2002. :p

My question to you if you could have any superstar instead of CM Punk to hold the WWE Championship for the record he broke who would you choose?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Lesnar vs Rock happened at Summerslam 2002. :p

Rematch of course.

My question to you if you could have any superstar instead of CM Punk to hold the WWE Championship for the record he broke who would you choose?

I wouldn't prefer to see anyone else in this reign. There aren't really any other peopke who need it or deserve it. Cena can't be it because he is too busy with The Rock to be a good champion all year long. Sheamus wasn't hot enough. D Bry wasn't hot enough. No one wants Orton as champion that long. Lesnar isn't fully active. Rock isn't fully active. Christian is no longer a main eventer and suffered injury of course. Triple H? No. Del Rio? Hahaha... no thanks. Jericho and Rey have both been suspended and/or inactive throughout Punk's reign. Leaves who? Big Show? He was injured. Kane too. Mark Henry was blazing hot when Punk's WWE Championship reign began but him being champion that long is unimaginable.

Bottom line is no one else qualifies to be champion for that long. I'm not usually the one to be short or unimaginative on most topics, but there's no one else besides Punk to be champion at this point in time.

Bryan did have his MITB briefcase at this point, and had he gone over Punk and gone on to turn heel and start his "YES!" schtick and what not, he could have been a succesful champion but he wasn't ready to lead on Raw. WWE obviously didn't even think he was ready to lead on Smackdown.. seeing as he lost the World Title in 18 secs at WM.

Anyways, Punk is the only answer.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
9 months on, and we've seen it play out. Was Cena beating Brock at Extreme Rules the right call?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I don't think it makes a huge difference either way. The build up was nothing blokbuster-esque and the two competitors went their opposite ways. Cena won and moved on to feud with Show and Lesnar put it in his rearview and still had a big match with Trips at SummerSlam, which Lesnar went over in. In 10 years when we look back on Lesnar's second run in WWE (if we even do that) we're just going to ignore that Extreme Rules match and remember how he broke Triple H's arm and made him tap out at SummerSlam.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
If Hogan redid the nWo in TNA (legally he was allow to for topics sake) who would you think would make a good nWo stable in TNA?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
If Hogan redid the nWo in TNA (legally he was allow to for topics sake) who would you think would make a good nWo stable in TNA?

Well first, scrap all the pre-existing stables TNA has running and what alliances are leftover from the days of Fortune/Immortal/etc.

Furthermore, are we forming them on the basis of the members being outsiders like in WCW or no? If so, they'll need some former WWE stars to kick it off. Now let's act like this whole Aces and Eights angle doesn't exist and I have to choose the original Outsiders as being John Morrison and Luke Gallows. Morrison because he can be a bad guy, who's cocky and edgy, ie his Shaman of Sexy gimmick in ECW. Then Gallows because he's most like Nash. He has the size and aggression and works well as an enforcer. So who will be the Hogan? Kurt Angle of course. A man needing a spark at this point in his career needing to reinvent himself. Plus he has the charisma to boot to make up for Gallows lack of mic skills. Hogan gets to be the Bischoff. As an authority figure who seems to be opposed to the invasion but secretly is behind it all. Add Kaz and Daniels to the mix to add a tag team to the equation to secure the titles and monopolize the title scene, giving Morrison the X title and Gallows and Angle the TV and World titles respectively. Eventually add a wildcard like Kenny King to boost him up the card and even have Sting join the alliance to boost the starpower.

Sure it all sounds familiar. Main Event Mafia right? Well, that's because MEM was nWo really. The execution was just poor. They introduced a huge number of groups at once during this period and made people switch sides like crazy. This time, this stable can be the one major group in existence for quite some time, and over time have each individual's rivals slowly become aligned until a definitive face stable can be formed to take them on. As in, have Angle feud with AJ and Aries, JoMo feud with RVD, Gallows with Storm, and so on.. and then have Aries, Styles, Storm and RVD form an alliance to combat a common threat. And then form no more alliances. Just have two big stables at war, without a large amount of backstabbings and betrayals to confuse the fans. Sure, twists are accepted, but not every five minutes.

Eventually the faces could overcome. Angle could be put into retirement, the faces could get lots of momentum, King could get a good rub up the card, and JoMo and Luke become established as part of the roster.

Creating a new nWo is not something I see as being a good idea personally but that would be my personal approach I guess if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to do it.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Besides Foley who would you put into this years HoF Class

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Induct another big name in the form of Diamond Dallas Page, being from New Jersey and having a good relationship with WWE. Induct The Malenko Family in the form of Joe, Dean, and Boris for overall contributions to the wrestling world. AKamala is said to be going in which I can dig, simply because he's interesting. And finally Adrian Adonis. Not only is he a New York native but he was a WWF Tag Champ at one point and a good posthemus inductee.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
No love for Bam Bam?

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
If you could redo the invasion angle how would you change it King?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
No love for Bam Bam?

I thought about him. You could substitute him for Page but I think WWE may as well take advantage if veing on good terms with DDP now and save Bam Bam for the next time they come to the Garden State.

[MENTION=296]The Chosen Messiah[/MENTION] - Quite a lot. The whole thing was really horrendous. Tthe main thing for me is make WCW look strong without WWE wrestlers joining their ranks. As in making Booker T look almost as good as Triple H, and have the likes of Kanyon and DDP not come off looking foolish. Also, make Jericho if anyone the one who leads The Alliance in Austin's place. It would also be fitting in showing how WCW dropped the ball by misusing him. That's just the tip of the iceberg but simply making The Alliance look more dangerous.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler