Question for you Aussies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

So a lot of people here in the U.S. think Australia can be a pretty dangerous place to live due to the wildlife. So my question for you Aussies is have you ever come across any dangerous animals in Australia?

noumenon

I know a friend of mine who moved down to Australia for a year or so sent me back pictures of the "house spiders". They look like fucking tarantulas. I'm a bitch when it comes to spiders so I'd shit my pants and faint right there.

Moonlight Drive

I'm sure every Australian on this board will rofl when they see this. Our country is so overrated lol.

There's plenty of snakes (red belly & brown) across the road from where I live, ocassionally in my backyard. I've also come across a few tarantulas, whitetips and one funnelweb in and around my house. Sharks aren't as common as most people think really, I've never seen one and I go to the beach almost everyday.

People in the Northern Territory sometimes get crocodiles in their pools when it floods. That would suck.

Nation

What type of brown snake are you referring to? Wikipedia has 3 different brown snakes listed. King Brown(Pseudechis australis), Short-nosed Snake, and Pseudonaja. Either way every single one is said to be highly venomous.

Reaction score
Yeh moonlight is right. Aussies usually just lol at people overseas saying how dangerous Australia is. I remember hearing a friend say some New Zealander's said the same thing.

I imagine there are a lot of dangerous, venomous wild life here, and I'm sure it's actually probably rather dangerous, lol, but having lived in a country town for 17 years I'm so used to it, and sort of oblivious to it that I dont see it at dangerous.

Trust me, when you've seen a snake in a toilet you're about to use, you get over certain things pretty quickly, lol.

Klide

I know a friend of mine who moved down to Australia for a year or so sent me back pictures of the "house spiders". They look like fucking tarantulas. I'm a bitch when it comes to spiders so I'd shit my pants and faint right there.

That just scares the living crap out of me.

Klide

Yeh moonlight is right. Aussies usually just lol at people overseas saying how dangerous Australia is. I remember hearing a friend say some New Zealander's said the same thing.

I imagine there are a lot of dangerous, venomous wild life here, and I'm sure it's actually probably rather dangerous, lol, but having lived in a country town for 17 years I'm so used to it, and sort of oblivious to it that I dont see it at dangerous.

Trust me, when you've seen a snake in a toilet you're about to use, you get over certain things pretty quickly, lol.

WTF? lol

This Guy

I think Knicky probably said it best. Where as we who are not used to having to deal with these sort of things for us it would be pretty dangerous place to live. But when you've lived there all of your life, I'm sure its not seen that way from there perspective. Its no different then temperture. The tech support for my work is in Texas. A few times when I've called, when you tell them where you are calling from they will ask, whats the weather like there. And you tell them oh its about 15 which is t-shirt weather in this part of Canada, the come back with Holy Shit, thats freezing. For them its sweaters, logs on the fire, and cuddling with your neighbour for warmth. Likewise Hot days in Texas which would be hot, but bareable, would more then likely be unbareable for people who live where I live. Its all about what you are used to.

Beer Money Army

Rofl at this question. in my area we only get huntsmen spiders and canetoads.

but nothing too serious. the only problem there is alot of aboriginals. If you walk past homeless ones they are very likely to ask you for a ciggerette. or in there language "Oi Bro/Cuz you got a spare cigga?"

I think alot of "those" dangerous animal we have are Darwin Base.

Moonlight Drive

Got no idea what kind of brown snake, but I do know they're rather dangerous.

On an interesting sidenote, my next door neihbours been finding snakes in her backyard. Lol.

Reaction score
I think Knicky probably said it best. Where as we who are not used to having to deal with these sort of things for us it would be pretty dangerous place to live. But when you've lived there all of your life, I'm sure its not seen that way from there perspective. Its no different then temperture. The tech support for my work is in Texas. A few times when I've called, when you tell them where you are calling from they will ask, whats the weather like there. And you tell them oh its about 15 which is t-shirt weather in this part of Canada, the come back with Holy Shit, thats freezing. For them its sweaters, logs on the fire, and cuddling with your neighbour for warmth. Likewise Hot days in Texas which would be hot, but bareable, would more then likely be unbareable for people who live where I live. Its all about what you are used to.

Yeh I'm still surprised though when people say how dangerous it seems to be here. I am so oblivious to the fact that the 'dangerous' animals we have here aren't everywhere on Earth, or in great of numbers.

but nothing too serious. the only problem there is alot of aboriginals. If you walk past homeless ones they are very likely to ask you for a ciggerette. or in there language "Oi Bro/Cuz you got a spare cigga?"

Rofl @ racism. I've never had any real problems with aboriginals.

Oh and the toilet snake thing - once of (thankfully!). Take a small country town, pick out the most country-ish primary school there and then throw in some dodgey dunnies. Yeh, it was bound to happen :p

Kizza

The brown snake we have is the most poisonous snake in the world.

I've never seen anything overly dangerous. Spiders, rats, etc. No snakes or anything like that.

Our country isn't dangerous at all. From all the American shows where they roam around finding bears on other people's property, nothing her compares to that. It just shows how little America knows about our country.

Kizza

What type of brown snake are you referring to? Wikipedia has 3 different brown snakes listed. King Brown(Pseudechis australis), Short-nosed Snake, and Pseudonaja. Either way every single one is said to be highly venomous.

Take a guess at what the bolded word means.

Qwake

ROFL.

What I would hate more then all the dangerous spiders/snakes or whatever would be the fucking temperature in Aussie, seriously, fuck living in that heat.