QUESTION: Do you like these Tri Branded Pay Per Views?

• Thread starter Solid Stinger the Big Boss
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Do you?

I don't like them, they have put mid-card title matches on a ppv to a halt and its rare when a mid-card championship bout is on a ppv. Even if it is, its only one title thats not the WHC or WWE Title.

I know this has been talked about before, but I just suddenly realized what they've done since watching SummerSlam.

I also blame tri-brand for the death of the CW Title.

seX-Power

The tri branded PPVs are more for the WWE's benefit. They draw more due to having more big money matchups on the card.

I agree with you but there are positives and negatives to the tri branded PPVs. They do take lower card matches off the card and some could say that they have killed the CW division and also somewhat the Tag and Mid Card divisions but then there are positives to the Tri Branded PPVs. They provide an all around balanced card, that means no matches will be awful (check December to Dismember 2006 and GAB 2006/5 (?)) However, I would like some one/two(smack/ecw) brand PPVs in the future or at least something like two-monthly supershows that are not official PPVs but you have to pay a little less than usual. Something to showcase the whole brand's talent, and not so small to just be another weekly show, but not too big to be a PPV. Like, titles can change but not usually the world titles.

idk, my reactions are mixed for these PPVs

Moonlight Drive

I hate them with an intense passion. Not only does it make the former Big 4 (WM, RR, SummerSlam, Survivor Series) less special since every brand is on every PPV anyway. Although it doesn't affect WM and RR too bad.

Also, I heard a great line from Jr at NOC 'The tag team championships being defended on PPV?'. The IC, US, Womens and Tag Titles have suffered hugely from Tri-Branded PPVs. Not to mention a Mid-Card is almost non-existent right now

But I'm sure it makes huge money for WWE, as they have all their big draws on one show

mariandacosgrovefan

Reaction score
no. they dont give the chance for charlie hass and the wrestlers who dont get chance to normally wrestle at a ppv chance to wrestle.

Moonlight Drive

Charlie Haas? He doesn't even wrestle on TV anyway

But guys like Kofi, Umaga, Kennedy, MVP, etc. etc. often miss out on matches

Haze187

Reaction score
It wasn't so bad when it first started now it's just ridiculous. They have to make the ECW match 30 seconds to make room for other stuff, they have to combine championship matches (santino/beth vs kofi/mickie), it's hurting the product's future specially when smackdown only gets 2 matches per ppv and ECW gets only one. Feuds don't even get a chance to develop. Honestly I don't like it. But Vince needs to at least stay on MMA ppvs and this is the only way to do so, it's hurting the product at the same time.

Austin_316

Reaction score
I like the tri-branded ppv's as they bring more excitement to the ppv and you get to see all the wrestlers together in one show rather than having to watch all three to see your favourite wrestlers. Its also a way for the WWE to bring in more revenue and for ratings to go up

PW's KJ

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan personally, but sometimes I have to step back from seat as a fan and look at the corporate side.

PPVs buyrates were dropping continuously. I'll pay more to see a PPV with Cena, Taker, Tista, Trips, Punk and Jericho than I will to see one with Cena, Tista, Punk and Charlie Haas.

Klide

I hate them because now all the main title matchesare on ppv and never on the she brands and I blame eve for this ever since it cam back the wwe became more low class

Enigma22

Reaction score
i cant really decide if i like them or not. i think they definitely get some more big matches on each ppv so more people will buy the ppvs and there are less pointless matches on each ppv but now its harder to keep the feuds going because people expect all the top stars to appear in matches on every ppv. i think it would be better if they had like 4-6 tri branded ppvs and 6-8 single brand ppvs...

xtremebadass

Most superstars don't get enough PPV time because they cram 3 shows into the PPV. Sure it was cool at the beginning, but now I am starting not to like them. Sometimes you don't even get the top guys on PPV, Y2J at Summerslam? His first Summerslam in like 3 years and he isn't in a match? WTF!

MikeRaw

Not really. I much prefer seperate ones. Well, let me rephrase that. Of the roster was the same as it was in 2004, 2005 and een 2006, then I would MUCH prefer them to have seperate PPV's. But nack then, both sd and raw could support their own PPV. Now though, SD would hardly get any buys, due to it not being as good as before, so I guess this is what needs to be done.
So really, I would prefer seperate ppv's, but the wwe doesnt have enough starpower to do it now, so I guess this is fine.

I would like them to have more SNME's though, cause they give sort of a PPV feel, but can have midcard guys on it as well.

xtremebadass

If the PPV's were separate I guarentee you, we would be seeing way more tag teams and way more tag title matches. That's all I have to say.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
alot of my opinions on this were said already, it's getting dull now. There really is no more room for some of the younger, lower card guys like Evan Bourne and Burchill if they're not holding a belt. And the thing with monthly PPV's are that feuds are built up for a month, but with single brand PPV's you had time to build stuff up well with about 2 months between PPV's.