Question about the Young Bucks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'm not much of an indie watcher. But sometimes I'll catch Ring Of Honor or something random here or there. So my question is how come the Young Bucks use other people's slogans/trademarks or whatever. For example I've heard them do the "Suck it" thing quite a few times now. What's the story/reasoning behind this?

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Who? Never heard of them. A lot of untalented indie guys just steal popular stuff though, just desperately hoping to get some internet attention. And I know you say you're not a big indie dude or whatever, so here's the scoop: ROH has basically become a no-name indie company. If you are able, I suggest watching them from like, '04-'08 if you want to see when they were actually relevant and had some semblance of knowing how the fuck to book a half-decent company.

Wardi_12

The Artiste
Reaction score
It's because they're part of the Bullet Club and the Bullet Club basically does all of the old NWO and DX things.
Yeah, what he said. When they're in Japan they use DX and NWO taunts to basically show the crowd that they are an American team

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm not much of an indie watcher. But sometimes I'll catch Ring Of Honor or something random here or there. So my question is how come the Young Bucks use other people's slogans/trademarks or whatever. For example I've heard them do the "Suck it" thing quite a few times now. What's the story/reasoning behind this?
In part because they spent some time early on training with Marty Jannetty, so people started calling them stuff like the new rockers. And that led to people heckling them by calling them B-rate Shawn Michaels and such. So they started doing HBK taunts (the suck it and other stuff) just to piss off that part of the fanbase. That escalated as time went on and they added more and more to their act.

The people saying it is because of the Bullet Club are technically wrong. While the Bullet Club did a few too sweets and such to reference the NWO when it formed. It was with the addition of the Bucks that that stuff really took off. The BC did not encourage the Bucks to do all the Kliq references, but the other way around.

Now it is practically ingrained in their character and they use it to market themselves (to the point of WWE trying to trademark the wolf salute, they failed).

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The people saying it is because of the Bullet Club are technically wrong. While the Bullet Club did a few too sweets and such to reference the NWO when it formed. It was with the addition of the Bucks that that stuff really took off. The BC did not encourage the Bucks to do all the Kliq references, but the other way around.

Now it is practically ingrained in their character and they use it to market themselves (to the point of WWE trying to trademark the wolf salute, they failed).

While that makes sense, I just personally had never seen them use it before they were in the Bullet Club myself, so that seemed like a rational assumption. Plus the only times I have seen them comment on it was in direct relation to the WWE/Bullet Club conflict. But then again, I've never been an ardent fan of theirs so that might be why I missed all of that.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
While that makes sense, I just personally had never seen them use it before they were in the Bullet Club myself, so that seemed like a rational assumption. Plus the only times I have seen them comment on it was in direct relation to the WWE/Bullet Club conflict. But then again, I've never been an ardent fan of theirs so that might be why I missed all of that.
It's stuff they've done on the indies since 2009ish roughly. But they never did it during their TNA run because TNA management did not want it (and they had most of the kliq on contract at the time as well). But when they joined the BC they got a platform which helped them and their antics take off.